A Dustin Poirier in the rough

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Poirier is now 3-0 after making the move up to 155 with a big win over the highly touted Duffy last night. What do you think about his prospects at 155 and do you think he's a better fighter at 155 than 145? Also, who do you want him to fight next?
Image
User avatar
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby MiniMan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:28 pm

I'd like to see him fight Duffy.
DOUBTED DADDY
GOT DICKED
Image
User avatar
MiniMan
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3409
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:45 pm
Location: Lilliput

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby slevin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Tbh he is the same guy, he just uses his grappling a lot more. The only think I would say is different is that he doesnt get a wobbly whenever someone touches his chin now. If that fight had been at 145 and he had gotten rocked in the first he would have probably been on the verge of being finished.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

Image
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 20811
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm
Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby PBells » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:29 pm

*Dustin Hendricks
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
PBells
Moderator
 
Posts: 37355
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Dublin, OH
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:33 pm

MiniMan wrote:I'd like to see him fight Duffy.


PsychoBells wrote:*Dustin Hendricks


Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:35 pm

slevin wrote:Tbh he is the same guy, he just uses his grappling a lot more. The only think I would say is different is that he doesnt get a wobbly whenever someone touches his chin now. If that fight had been at 145 and he had gotten rocked in the first he would have probably been on the verge of being finished.


Yeah but actually using his grappling could be significant for him. I'm not convinced his chin is any better at 155 yet but we'll see.
Image
User avatar
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby jblaze » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:36 pm

He should use his grappling more because he doesn't have a chin even though it's slightly better at 155.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby slevin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:40 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:
slevin wrote:Tbh he is the same guy, he just uses his grappling a lot more. The only think I would say is different is that he doesnt get a wobbly whenever someone touches his chin now. If that fight had been at 145 and he had gotten rocked in the first he would have probably been on the verge of being finished.


Yeah but actually using his grappling could be significant for him. I'm not convinced his chin is any better at 155 yet but we'll see.

I dont know if its good enough to out-grapple the best guys in the division though and his striking is just as good as it was at 145, and it was never that great to begin with.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

Image
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 20811
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm
Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:44 pm

slevin wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
slevin wrote:Tbh he is the same guy, he just uses his grappling a lot more. The only think I would say is different is that he doesnt get a wobbly whenever someone touches his chin now. If that fight had been at 145 and he had gotten rocked in the first he would have probably been on the verge of being finished.


Yeah but actually using his grappling could be significant for him. I'm not convinced his chin is any better at 155 yet but we'll see.

I dont know if its good enough to out-grapple the best guys in the division though and his striking is just as good as it was at 145, and it was never that great to begin with.

You're a tough man to please.
Image
User avatar
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby slevin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:49 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:
slevin wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
slevin wrote:Tbh he is the same guy, he just uses his grappling a lot more. The only think I would say is different is that he doesnt get a wobbly whenever someone touches his chin now. If that fight had been at 145 and he had gotten rocked in the first he would have probably been on the verge of being finished.


Yeah but actually using his grappling could be significant for him. I'm not convinced his chin is any better at 155 yet but we'll see.

I dont know if its good enough to out-grapple the best guys in the division though and his striking is just as good as it was at 145, and it was never that great to begin with.

You're a tough man to please.

lol, I just call it the way I see it. I need to see more of the Dustin before i can predict his future.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

Image
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 20811
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm
Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby MiniMan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:
MiniMan wrote:I'd like to see him fight Duffy.


PsychoBells wrote:*Dustin Hendricks


Spoiler:
Image


3:45 on the mat in round 3 with 5 strikes landed from that position.

PB nailed it.
DOUBTED DADDY
GOT DICKED
Image
User avatar
MiniMan
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3409
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:45 pm
Location: Lilliput

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby Mr Meow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:28 pm

I think poirier is much better at 155. astronomically better. He was way way too big at 145, he was cutting so much damn weight i think it took alot away from his performances and preparation

155 is where he should stay and i think he should get another guy ranked in the 11-17 or so range like duffy or a lower half of the top 10 guy.

hell i think mairbeck if he wins or.......wait for it.......the long shot of bobby green if he is fighting anymore/not injured would be good. for some reason i see bobby green and poirier matching up very well style wise for an exciting fight
Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies.





Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
User avatar
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby mmafan559 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:41 pm

MiniMan wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:
MiniMan wrote:I'd like to see him fight Duffy.


PsychoBells wrote:*Dustin Hendricks


Spoiler:
Image


3:45 on the mat in round 3 with 5 strikes landed from that position.

PB nailed it.

Duffy should get better at standing up if all it took was five strikes to keep him on the mat for nearly four minutes.
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
Image
176.6
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Mr Meow wrote:I think poirier is much better at 155. astronomically better. He was way way too big at 145, he was cutting so much damn weight i think it took alot away from his performances and preparation

155 is where he should stay and i think he should get another guy ranked in the 11-17 or so range like duffy or a lower half of the top 10 guy.

hell i think mairbeck if he wins or.......wait for it.......the long shot of bobby green if he is fighting anymore/not injured would be good. for some reason i see bobby green and poirier matching up very well style wise for an exciting fight


Agreed, I kind of remember him mentioning the weight cut messing his performances up too much just before his first fight at 155. Either of those would be solid fights.
Image
User avatar
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby UchiMata » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Dude looked like a fucking beast last night!! I thought that he was going to break, after Duffy rocked him and unloaded a combination on the cage, but he came back and fought like a motherfucking badass. I've seen a lot of people rag on him because "Conor beat him so bad he made him move to 155lb," which I think just sounds fucking retarded, because... Well, while I can't stand him, Conor's proven to be pretty fucking good. That being said, I can't wait to see more Poirier at 155lb, and I think he showed some big glaring holes in Duffy's game.
Image
User avatar
UchiMata
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 am

Next