A League October Fantasy Draft

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: A League October Fantasy Draft

Postby philphan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am

tsarlaider wrote:
And yes i am fun at parties.

:lol: You are always fun in chat.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
October Fighters-Fabricio Werdum, Darren Till, Beneil Dariush, John Lineker, Neiman Gracie
300-0 sig bet record
philphan
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby tsarlaider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:33 am

philphan wrote:
tsarlaider wrote:

:lol: You are always fun in chat.

Hahaha cheers buddy :beer:

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:53 am

tsarlaider wrote:This either has to be a permanent rule or not be at all.

"If one of your fighters pulls out of a fight due to injury or other reasons, you can pick a replacement fighter from the undrafted fighters list at the end of the draft. If you draft a fighter and their opponent pulls out, but your pick remains on a card in the same month, you're stuck with them regardless of who they're fighting."

Godbeer didnt pull out here. They pulled him out. So based on current rules there is a window for Ebicks exception.

Now what we need is to make this exception permanent or this is just selective treatment.

Again i am ok with Ebicks new pick.

I'd say the unusual circumstances warrant special treatment, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an official amendment going forward.

I'd be in favor of a "level-of-competition" clause where a pick stands if the replacement is of equal or lesser competitive level to the original opponent. A sizeable jump in competition, ie going from Godbeer to fuckin' Werdum would warrant an option to replace. :nerd:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby tsarlaider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:15 pm

PBells wrote:

"If one of your fighters pulls out of a fight due to injury or other reasons, you can pick a replacement fighter from the undrafted fighters list at the end of the draft. If you draft a fighter and their opponent pulls out, but your pick remains on a card in the same month, you're stuck with them regardless of who they're fighting."

Godbeer didnt pull out here. They pulled him out. So based on current rules there is a window for Ebicks exception.

Now what we need is to make this exception permanent or this is just selective treatment.

I'd say the unusual circumstances warrant special treatment, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an official amendment going forward.

I'd be in favor of a "level-of-competition" clause where a pick stands if the replacement is of equal or lesser competitive level to the original opponent. A sizeable jump in competition, ie going from Godbeer to fuckin' Werdum would warrant an option to replace. :nerd:

Level of competition is kinda subjective unless we make it clearly based on rankings. Usually the replacement favors the fighter who stays so its ok with me.

My suggestion actually is about the reasons a fighter pulls out. If a fighter pulls out at his own then there is no replacing a pick. But if the UFC decides to pull a fighter who otherwise was able to fight, like they did to Godbeer, then we can replace our initial pick as well.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby yoseph » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:43 pm

tsarlaider wrote:
PBells wrote:

Level of competition is kinda subjective unless we make it clearly based on rankings. Usually the replacement favors the fighter who stays so its ok with me.

My suggestion actually is about the reasons a fighter pulls out. If a fighter pulls out at his own then there is no replacing a pick. But if the UFC decides to pull a fighter who otherwise was able to fight, like they did to Godbeer, then we can replace our initial pick as well.

So you would want whoever picked lewis to have a 0 for that slot?
Shaka on Cain Valasquez:
Shaka Zulu wrote: This nigga don't speak Spanish hell he needs an interpreter just to order some Taco Bell.
If I was Dana I would've made Werdum be your interpreter for your in octagon loser speech.

OctoBer league:
Kevin Lee
Niko Price
Liam McGeary
Heather Hardy
Colby Covington
3-6 in sigbets
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby tsarlaider » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Yoseph I am not talking about the fighter who is pulled/pulls out. This is about your pick's opponent.

If your pick pulls out or gets pulled out then ofc you can pick again.

Moose all day

tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby TFlock » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:56 pm

tsarlaider wrote:Yoseph I am not talking about the fighter who is pulled/pulls out. This is about your pick's opponent.

If your pick pulls out or gets pulled out then ofc you can pick again.

I mentioned this in the official fantasy thread earlier this year and it got shot down. I still feel that if someone pulls out of a fight you should have the choice to keep or pick again.
October A League Team
Kevin Lee
Oskar Piechota
Costello van Steenis
Neiman Gracie
Liam McGeary

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby Shuck » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:06 pm

tsarlaider wrote:
PBells wrote:

Agreed, rule should be changed. Allowing the picker to back out of the pick if fight is changed. Or you can make it that its an automatic repick if fight is changed. Most times it is an adv, sometimes not so much..

IPicked Marco Beltran while back, his opponent was a pure striker, good style matchup. Last min Soto a pure grappler was subd in & was stuck w/Beltran who obviously got taken out in the 1st.. asked brdy369 if I could switch picks before, no bueno, no fun
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~
Shuck
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby TFlock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:40 pm

McGeary is out so I'll just wait to make my replacement pick.

Fuck me!
October A League Team
Kevin Lee
Oskar Piechota
Costello van Steenis
Neiman Gracie
Liam McGeary

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby PBells » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 pm

TFlock wrote:McGeary is out so I'll just wait to make my replacement pick.

Fuck me!

What the shitting cock

Fuck this month

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:54 pm

PBells wrote:To quote the honorable Judge Marilyn Milian, I'm ready to rule:

Should a pick's opponent be pulled or otherwise forced to drop out and a replacement is found, the drafter shall be granted the following options:

A) replace their pick if they believe the new match-up to be significantly less favorable
B) affirm the original pick if they are still confident in the outcome.

If no replacement is found or the fight is re-booked at a later date, a re-pick is still necessary.

I call this the Walt Harris conundrum. I felt like relief was warranted in that case due to unusual circumstances, but in reality the same logic applies to every match up. People were picking Harris against Godbeer, not anyone else he could possibly fight. A precedent has been set and I feel now, after hours of deliberation and input from fellow drafters, the rules should be officially amended.

For the sake of consistency, I am making this procedure retroactive to the beginning of the October draft. As such, anyone who picked Marcin Held, Niko Price, Boston Salmon, or Ramazan Emeev has the chance to re-pick if they so desire.

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Postby TFlock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm

PBells wrote:

Should a pick's opponent be pulled or otherwise forced to drop out and a replacement is found, the drafter shall be granted the following options:

A) replace their pick if they believe the new match-up to be significantly less favorable

If no replacement is found or the fight is re-booked at a later date, a re-pick is still necessary.

I call this the Walt Harris conundrum. I felt like relief was warranted in that case due to unusual circumstances, but in reality the same logic applies to every match up. People were picking Harris against Godbeer, not anyone else he could possibly fight. A precedent has been set and I feel now, after hours of deliberation and input from fellow drafters, the rules should be officially amended.

For the sake of consistency, I am making this procedure retroactive to the beginning of the October draft. As such, anyone who picked Marcin Held, Niko Price, Boston Salmon, or Ramazan Emeev has the chance to re-pick if they so desire.

October A League Team
Kevin Lee
Oskar Piechota
Costello van Steenis
Neiman Gracie
Liam McGeary

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:41 pm

I will keep Price and switch Salmon for Ana Julaton. :thunder:

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Postby stvgabriel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 pm

PBells wrote:

I like it

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby stvgabriel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:00 am

Jared Gordon
Spoiler:

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

PreviousNext