Aldo has a "Superfight" in mind

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Aldo has a "Superfight" in mind

Postby PainDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:17 am

More "superfight" talk :roll:

Hopefully Max beats him so we won't have to worry about it anyways

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/16/14954 ... fight-plan

Jose Aldo is the latest UFC champion to develop his own secret superfight plan

Superfight. Once upon a time that word was reserved for historic bouts that every fan clamored to see. Nowadays it seems like every fighter in the UFC is chasing a superfight, and their definition of the term is whatever fight makes them the most money right now.

Michael Bisping made his superfight dreams a reality. Conor McGregor seems on the edge of doing the same. Tyron Woodley? Desperately angling for any superfight he can get. And now you can add Jose Aldo to the list of champions with a superfight plan.

"Man, a superfight is always good for me," Aldo said during a media scrum in Brazil on Thursday. "I have a superfight in mind. That's what matters today, money in the pocket. I'm the champion and will continue being the champion, so I want to do do big fights. I have a project after this fight. I'll sit and talk to the UFC. If they approve it, it will be great."

As for what it is?

"It's a secret," Aldo respondeed. But he did say Conor McGregor's inter-sports match with Floyd Mayweather was setting a precident. "Not only for me, but for everyone else!"

Earlier this year during his near-retirement from the UFC, Aldo revealed a desire to box ... are these comments a sign that he still harbors those aspirations? I doubt the UFC would be okay with that. Once Conor McGregor pulls off this potential billion dollar fight with Floyd Mayweather, we fully expect the UFC to try and slam the door shut on their fighters boxing. But Aldo implied he's already laid out his superfight plans with Dana White and White agreed to them.

"I wanna see if his word once again won't be fulfilled," Aldo said. "I have an agreement with him. We'll see. First I'll focus on Holloway, and after that I'll talk to him and we'll see what happens."
Last edited by PainDog on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

“Don't run away from grief, o soul. Look for the remedy inside the pain. Because the rose came from the thorn and the ruby came from a stone.”
-Rumi

"Khabib Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Re: Also has a "Superfight" in mind

Postby 1098765432 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:07 am

Spoiler:
Also
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Re: Also has a "Superfight" in mind

Postby PainDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 am

1098765432 wrote:
Spoiler:
Also

Autocorrect on my phone..

“Don't run away from grief, o soul. Look for the remedy inside the pain. Because the rose came from the thorn and the ruby came from a stone.”
-Rumi

"Khabib Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Re: Aldo has a "Superfight" in mind

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:47 am

I am beyond excited to watch Aldo vs Holloway, that is the "super fight" in my opinion.

I will give Aldo a bit of a pass so far on this one. He defended his belt twice a year against the top contender (even if it was a rematch) without question for like half a decade or longer. If anyone is going to be calling for superfights a resume like that helps

Spoiler:
"superfights" aren't really all that super anymore with how frequent they are and how some fighters base their entire career on superfights after a point now a days.
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team:
Mr Meow
Survivor
Survivor

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby themull » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 am

I reckon he's thinking of fighting the LW champion if he beats Max...He is desperate to avenge the Conor loss and he will do all he can to make that fight happen.
themull
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby deadzone » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 am

Dude deserves any fight he wants after he smashes max. Unlike those other bum ass champions he defended his title against top contenders non stop in the wec and ufc
deadzone
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:06 am

themull wrote:I reckon he's thinking of fighting the LW champion if he beats Max...He is desperate to avenge the Conor loss and he will do all he can to make that fight happen.

He had his chance to move up to fight Pettis but of course daddy Dana wasn't going to give him the same stipulations he gave Conor. He did let BJ do it though, just food for thought. :burger:
A-XMen
Anthony Johnson, Ovince Saint Preux
Are you ready for the last great deception? And fuck Mattrione!
DeceptaCon
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 am

deadzone wrote:Dude deserves any fight he wants after he smashes max. Unlike those other bum ass champions he defended his title against top contenders non stop in the wec and ufc

:tup: :tup: Well said mr sir.
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team:
Mr Meow
Survivor
Survivor

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby ebickmeyer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm

I have a feeling it will be Cody Garbrandt or TJ Dillashaw. I doubt it's going to be with Conor because they already bitched him out of an immediate rematch with him.
Come on Cohagen give these fighters AIIYYAAR!

Cub Swanson

Active Sig Bet(s)

3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 8-7
Ban Bet Record: 1-0

ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby bwawm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:17 pm

What the fuck is a super fight? Championship bout across divisions? PPV draw v. PPV draw?

deadzone wrote:Dude deserves any fight he wants after he smashes max. Unlike those other bum ass champions he defended his title against top contenders non stop in the wec and ufc

:tup: :gold: :star:
bwawm
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:27 pm

bwawm wrote:What the fuck is a super fight? Championship bout across divisions? PPV draw v. PPV draw?

I also don't know what's a superfight. I would agree with Meow that Max vs. Aldo is a superfight.

I'm really hoping Max wins this one.

Aldo is the greatest FW of all time, but I am tired of all the "superfight" talk regardless of who it is saying it.

-Rumi

"Khabib Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby bwawm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:11 pm

PainDog wrote:
bwawm wrote:What the fuck is a super fight? Championship bout across divisions? PPV draw v. PPV draw?

I also don't know what's a superfight. I would agree with Meow that Max vs. Aldo is a superfight.

I'm really hoping Max wins this one.

Aldo is the greatest FW of all time, but I am tired of all the "superfight" talk regardless of who it is saying it.

That would be a solid scrap. I might even call it...super
bwawm
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:35 pm

I would imagine a super fight could be many things such as champ vs champ, star fighters fighting such as Brock, Conor or Rousey, older legends like GSP returning to action. These makeup the key ingredients for "super fights" IMO.

I would also like to add that fights such as Aldo vs Holloway are exciting but super fights are for garnering the attention of the casual fan more so than the hardcore.
Come on Cohagen give these fighters AIIYYAAR!

Cub Swanson

Active Sig Bet(s)

3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 8-7
Ban Bet Record: 1-0

ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:16 pm

So wait... that bum said he has a super fight in mind and then says it's a secret??

Why bring up it up if you aren't going to say who it is?

Spoiler:
Lt Shiznitski
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby mark7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Its OK Aldo, you don't have to tell us. Holloway is gonna put a 5 round beat down on you, so you'll be able to keep your secret as long as you want.
"I had to come into this fight...straight... fat boy off the beach of Cabo, but its all good" Nate Diaz
mark7
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Survivor x2

Next