Anderson Silva vs Kimbo Slice

A place for meaningless, repeated or just plain stupid posts

Anderson Silva vs Kimbo Slice

Postby suikoden60 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:09 am

Obviously kimbo being much stronger... but silva being more skilled...who do u think would win a match up...the best pound for pound fighter vs one of the best street fighters
suikoden60
White Belt
White Belt

Re: (FANTASY MATCH-UP)- A. Silva vs. Kimbo

Postby agonzalez1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:11 am

He's called the best pound for pound for a reason.

Let's ask it another way...Who has knocked men out when hitting them in the back of the head, lol.

Silva >>>>>>>>>>>>>Henderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kimbo
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby The King » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:13 am

i dont think kimbo is stronger than Anderson.

oh and Anderson will just dismantle kimbo.
"King is working OT"--Stand-up_Philosopher
Never going to be a machida fan
HW--Brandon Vera
LHW--Quinton Jackson
MW--Patrick Cote
WW--Georges St. Pierre
LW--Roger Huerta
FW--Leonard Garcia
BW--Miguel Torres
The King
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby pierre18 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:22 am

The King wrote:i dont think kimbo is stronger than Anderson.

oh and Anderson will just dismantle kimbo.

Kimbo is way stronger then Anderson. Anderson though is on a different level when it comes to skill. I say if Anderson could survive till Kimo gasses then he pick him apart other wise i think Kimbo could take the fight but only because he is so much bigger not because he is a better fighter
"To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Prefontaine
pierre18
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby chutebox88 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:35 am

thats very easy to call anderson silva all the way anybody that thinks differently is an idiot anderson middleweight champ of ufc kimbo coming off a win over the dreadfully crap big tank abbott
chutebox88
White Belt
White Belt

Postby GhostMan123 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 am

suikoden60 wrote:Obviously kimbo being much stronger... but silva being more skilled...who do u think would win a match up...the best pound for pound fighter vs one of the best street fighters

is that a serious question?
silva would destroy him he could just pick him apart with his striking and when kimbo "tries" to overpower him anderson will unleash on him in the clinch.. and if it goes to the ground well.. we all know how well thats gona go for superstar kimbo...
GhostMan123
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby conky149er » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:13 am

suikoden60 wrote:Obviously kimbo being much stronger... but silva being more skilled...who do u think would win a match up...the best pound for pound fighter vs one of the best street fighters

kimbo by KO
conky149er
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby mmaKen » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 am

That wouldnt even be a contest. Anderson is waaay to skilled for Kimbo. With Anderson's kicks...a shot to the head would send Kimbo to the mat.
mmaKen
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby bcolbyj16 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:49 am

I'll take Liddell by decision
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

bcolbyj16
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby reppingallbrasilians » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:25 am

kimbo is crazy, but anderson is 2 sick. give kimbo more training, and mabey mabey he could match up with anderson, but i doghbt it, anderson is 2 sick.
reppingallbrasilians
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Icemanfight07 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:22 am

i could see Anderson picking apart Kimo... then Kimbo closing the distance and Silva working the Muay thai Palm behind Kimbo head... then while Anderson is attempting to give Kimbo the knees Kimbo unleashes with some hooks putting Anderson face down on the mat... Kimbo Via KO
Favorite Fighters of all time (Liddell/GSP)
HW Velasquez /dos santos
LHW jones/texiera/henderson
MW belfort/weidman/Boetsch
WW /Lawler/ellenberger
LW lauzon/pettis
FW McGregor/edgar/aldo
BW Faber/Macdonald
FLY dodson/benavidez
Icemanfight07
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby brace » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:07 am

wtf?? This has got to be the most ridiculous, random "fantasy matchup" on this fuckin forum. First, they are in two different weight classes. Second, Kimbo is just an up and coming street thug. He shouldn't even be in the same sentence as the super calculating veteran killing machine that is Anderson Silva. Anderson is designed for pure MMA destruction.

Anderson Silva by MMA destruction, in the first round. Pls don't be ridiculous...
brace
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby PainDog » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:17 am

brace wrote:wtf?? This has got to me the most ridiculous, random "fantasy matchup" on this fuckin forum. First, they are in two different weight classes. Second, Kimbo is just an up and coming street thug. He shouldn't even be in the same sentence as the super calculating veteran killing machine that is Anderson Silva. Anderson is designed for pure MMA destruction.

Anderson Silva by MMA destruction, in the first round. Pls don't be ridiculous...

I agree with this homie. Plus I like the whole MMA destruction...

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." Malcolm X
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby Jonolith » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:23 am

I'd give it to Silva in the Second round by TKO.

I think Kimbo's got a good solid jaw, and has the power to knock out Silva. His problem is that he can only really unleash that power on a stationary target. Anderson Silva is NOT a stationary target, and will never BE a stationary target.

Silva has incredibly powerful, but more importently, precise striking. Kimbo can hit a man, but Silva is capable of hitting a man who's moving his head. If it came to just stand up Silva would win pretty much hands down.

However, Kimbo's camp isn't full of morons. They'll definately be looking for a GnP victory over Silva. Silva hasn't fought a large number of GnPers, and he CERTIANLY hasn't fought someone as large and strong as Kimbo. I'd be looking for Kimbo's camp to brush up on his wrestling, and do some more intensive BJJ training (To avoid, not apply.) With the strategy to get Silva up against the cage, and slam him to the ground and work the GnP from there relying on Kimbos size advantage to win him the match.

The Problem with that strategy is that Silva's specialty is Mui Thai, so no matter what Kimbo does to get Silva to the ground he's going to eat a few knees and elbows doing it. And you're talking about some of the most precise knees and elbows in the sport. And let's not forget, getting Silva to the ground isn't a guarenteed win either. Silva's a black belt in JJ (BJJ?) and Kimbo will definately leave an arm dangling for Silva to break, or what's more likely is that Silva will use his incredibly long legs to apply a triangle.

At the end of the day Silva has too many tools to defeat Kimbo. His striking is technically better, his conditioning is better, his speed is better, his submissions are better. Kimbos only advantage in the fight would be his size and raw strength, and Silva is simply too good to let Kimbo fall back on those things.

I LIKE Kimbo, and I look forward to seeing him in MMA, but the dude will need three more years of training before even thinking of fighting a guy like Silva and winning.
Jonolith
White Belt
White Belt

Next

Return to Internet Wasteland