Anderson Silva vs Osmar Luiz Teixeira

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Anderson Silva vs Osmar Luiz Teixeira

Postby Tetra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:27 am

I have been trying to find any reputable information on this fight. All I have found is Boxrec and Wiki. Wiki is not reputable. I have heard many rumors about this being a different person but have not been able to find anything. Ed Soares and Anderson Silva have supposedly stated that his only and debut professional boxing match was against Julio Cesar De Jesus but I have not been able to find proof of this anywhere either.

I just find it strange that Anderson would have fought a professional boxing match 2 years before his first professional MMA bout. Didn't he start martial arts with Tae Kwon Do at 14 then Muay Thai and Judo after that? This doesn't really seem like the correct skillset to go into a professional boxing fight against a seasoned fighter like Osmar Luiz Teixeira(10-2 at the time).

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but this seems somewhat fishy. Can any fellow linker provide further information on this? Maybe a video, picture, news clip, etc...
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Anderson Silva vs Osmar Luiz Teixeira

Postby batangastig » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:57 am

yeah i looked everywhere and not one article or video. after all of his bashing of boxing, dana would never release a video of his top fighter getting knocked out in the second round during a boxing match lol. im going to look some more, and ill post whatever i find.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Tetra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:06 pm

batangastig wrote:yeah i looked everywhere and not one article or video. after all of his bashing of boxing, dana would never release a video of his top fighter getting knocked out in the second round during a boxing match lol. im going to look some more, and ill post whatever i find.

Thank you for assisting with this. I'm not giving up yet. I'll post this on some boxing forums. Maybe they might be able to shed some light on this.
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Tetra » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 am

I give up. No other data of this fight exists. I have been to the end of the internet and back looking for this. At this point I'm just going to say that I don't believe it happened unless Anderson himself says so.
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Tetra » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:20 am

I know I said that I give up but I got bored and looked around some more. The only update found is that Anderson Silva's wikipedia page now states that the fight never happened. No source listed at this time. Will update in the future.
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby MoeSmiff » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am

I have a copy of the fight and it IS indeed Anderson 'Spider' Silva.

The person I copied this from sold his master copy to an undisclosed 'collector'. I've been sitting on this since 00'. The original owner does not know I made a copy. My copy IS for sale.
MoeSmiff
White Belt
White Belt

Postby SKS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 am

There is another pro fighter named Anderson Silva
..........................................................Triley: PhD in Awesome.................................................
The Rumble in Vermont: Kamberovic Vs. Zelenoff - Bordello FMT Rules
SKS
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby SKS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:14 pm

tottenham19 wrote:
SoccerKickSarah wrote:There is another pro fighter named Anderson Silva

in boxing or are you referring to "braddock" of chakuriki fame?

best person to ask is kusok, he has all the dirt on anderson.. :lol:

I was referring to "Braddock" but Silva is the Portuguese "Smith" so it may or may not be the Spider.
..........................................................Triley: PhD in Awesome.................................................
The Rumble in Vermont: Kamberovic Vs. Zelenoff - Bordello FMT Rules
SKS
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Tetra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 am

MoeSmiff wrote:I have a copy of the fight and it IS indeed Anderson 'Spider' Silva.

The person I copied this from sold his master copy to an undisclosed 'collector'. I've been sitting on this since 00'. The original owner does not know I made a copy. My copy IS for sale.

Too bad no one is stupid enough to fall for that. Show me some proof.
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Tetra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 am

SoccerKickSarah wrote:There is another pro fighter named Anderson Silva

Have you actually seen any proof of this anywhere?
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby QCW19 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 am

I saw the Anderson Silva vs Julio Cesar De Jesus Fight!
QCW19
White Belt
White Belt

Postby ksiggs » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Courtesy of Wiki (which is 95% as accurate as the encyclopedia brittanica):

Anderson Silva is said to have had two professional boxing bouts. Allegedly on May 22, 1998 Silva took on the then 10-2, Osmar Luiz Teixeira and lost by second round TKO. He stepped back into the boxing ring in August 2005 to face Julio Cesar De Jesus. De Jesus had never boxed before as a professional and Silva won by KO in round two. It is worth noting that no footage or definitive proof of the Teixeira bout is known to exist aside from an entry on the boxing archive website BoxRec.

Courtesy of me:
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer
Even this website has the bout as "unverified." But its worth noting that the weight listed is 165, which fits timewise with Anderson's physical growth. I think it happened, but i guess we'll never know for sure.
ksiggs
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby jthorne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 am

i think it might be fake and even if it wasn't it doen't affect his credibilty either way.
The Ankle Pick From Hell
jthorne
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Tetra » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 am

ksiggs wrote:Courtesy of Wiki (which is 95% as accurate as the encyclopedia brittanica):

Anderson Silva is said to have had two professional boxing bouts. Allegedly on May 22, 1998 Silva took on the then 10-2, Osmar Luiz Teixeira and lost by second round TKO. He stepped back into the boxing ring in August 2005 to face Julio Cesar De Jesus. De Jesus had never boxed before as a professional and Silva won by KO in round two. It is worth noting that no footage or definitive proof of the Teixeira bout is known to exist aside from an entry on the boxing archive website BoxRec.

Courtesy of me:
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_ ... &cat=boxer
Even this website has the bout as "unverified." But its worth noting that the weight listed is 165, which fits timewise with Anderson's physical growth. I think it happened, but i guess we'll never know for sure.

None of this is new information. If you had read my original post then you would know this. Please if you find any information or video of this fight then let us know. I still have not found anymore information.

I do like where you are coming from with the physical growth theory seeing as it does definitely match although I still feel that his skillset doesn't match him being signed for a professional boxing match.
Tetra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.