Gamebred vs Cowboy Predictions

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who Wins?

Cowboy
58%
Gamebred
42%

Total votes : 12

Gamebred vs Cowboy Predictions

Postby slevin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:25 pm

This fight and Brennan Ward vs Paul Daley are the two match ups that I look forward to the most this month. I think both Masvidal & Cowboy are evenly matched in terms of skills. I think what I find the most exciting about this match up, is that Masvidal has never been top 10 fighter, but has always had the skills to be a top 10 fighter. That and both are similar in size, and are probably top 5 ww's(in terms of skill) which I find pretty hilarious that fighters that mostly competed at a smaller weight class are top ww's. This maybe Masvidal's opportunity to show the world that he can beat a top 10 fighter. Also Masvidal matches up well witch, Cowboy while also plays into Cowboy's strengths as well.

Anyways, Thoughts, predictions?
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: Gamebred vs Cowboy Predictions

Postby Verne » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Man, I really don't know. I really rate Jorge, and think he's had a tough run and been the victim of some tight decisions.

I just don't know. Cowboy seems to be re-invigorated , great match up. I'll go with Cowboy if I'm betting my house, but Masvidal with my heart.
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Huge Gamebred fan and I really liked his last performance. Masvidal finally put showman touches on his game to help him win decisions, which was holding him back.

Cowboy has seemed to become a polished beast at 170 so I would pick him in most fights right now.

The one caveat is that Cowboy has been hittable by accurate and fast boxers at 155.

At 170 maybe Cowboy will be faster and move away from punches but if not Masvidal has a chance if Masvidal comes in early and hard to put Cowboy on the defensive like Nate diaz did with clean boxing.

I picked Cowboy but this isn't an easy fight for him.
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby slevin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:01 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:Huge Gamebred fan and I really liked his last performance. Masvidal finally put showman touches on his game to help him win decisions, which was holding him back.

Cowboy has seemed to become a polished beast at 170 so I would pick him in most fights right now.

The one caveat is that Cowboy has been hittable by accurate and fast boxers at 155.

At 170 maybe Cowboy will be faster and move away from punches but if not Masvidal has a chance if Masvidal comes in early and hard to put Cowboy on the defensive like Nate diaz did with clean boxing.

I picked Cowboy but this isn't an easy fight for him.

He did look good against Jake; if he stays on Cowboy like the way he did with Jake I think Cowboy will be in deep trouble early in the fight. The thing is Masvidal looked so awkward when he was facing Larkin, and even though I believe Larkin is a better striker(haha I just realized in mid-sentence that who I'm talking about Larkin's striking with) I think Cowboy could really bother masvidal with the kicks to the leg and body. I don't think Masvidal checks them, he much rather just eat them and push forward so he can land his punches like the way Diaz brothers do or the way Conor does.

Cowboy has the better grappling imo, but its hard to say, both have really good tdd that it may not play a factor. Masvidal also has win over Chiesa by submission if that is any consolation.

In the clinch I believe that Masvidal may have slight edge, Alvarez managed to get the jump on him, and land a bunch of punches. That I think Masvidal can sneak in an elbow and catch Cowboy off guard, Masvidal has hurt fighter with elbows and the inside before. I think that is another reason why I like this fight is that both fighters can fight comfortably in every position for the most part.

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby kezzaman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:06 pm

gamebred is going to do his best to make it a boring fight, that's my prediction
Forrest back by popular demand [TW@S]
kezzaman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby slevin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:11 pm

kezzaman wrote:gamebred is going to do his best to make it a boring fight, that's my prediction

What makes you say that?

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby kezzaman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:31 pm

slevin wrote:
kezzaman wrote:gamebred is going to do his best to make it a boring fight, that's my prediction

What makes you say that?

out of his last 19 fights, 16 went to a decision
kezzaman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby mark7 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Masvidal has better hands, Cerrone has better kicks. I think whoever controls the range will get the decision. Masvidal is pretty good at not getting finished and is not that good at finishing.
"I had to come into this fight...straight... fat boy off the beach of Cabo, but its all good" Nate Diaz
mark7
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Survivor x2

Postby Verne » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Kez, are you on a fucking wind-up, mate?
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Like both guys, it's hard to go against Cowboy right now imo. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way though.
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Can't wait for this fight!
Both guys are fun to watch but I'm going with cowboy, he's a monster @170. Masvidal ifsfucking good though and could realistic take it.
This is going to be a fun one
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby kezzaman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:37 am

Verne wrote:Kez, are you on a fucking wind-up, mate?

Spoiler:
HES A DECISION MACHINE!
kezzaman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:53 am

I'm going with Masvidal I think he is a bad matchup for Cowboy.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 am

hawdrigoh wrote:Like both guys, it's hard to go against Cowboy right now imo. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way though.

:pointup:

This is as close as it gets but i chose Cowboy via momentum.

Its no secret that Cerrone starts very slow and gets stronger as the fight goes on. If he survives a possible early storm from Masvidal i think he takes it.

I believe Cerrone should not overcommit in striking exchanges and must take this to the ground. Thats his best chance to finish the fight. Cant imagine Masvidal getin finished any other way

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 am

This fight should be 5 rounds, what a shame.

If Masvidal is a nice enough underdog Im probably going to touch him.

Hoping the lines +200
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Next