Don't be mad bro
1/6,000,000,000
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Re: UFC Warriors/Marine Warriors

Postby xRICKSONxBYxARMBARx » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:26 am

kusok wrote:
Jetli wrote:
Theres a difference between self defense kind of fighting and competitive martial arts. get any marine or even special forces guys in the octagon and they'l get smashed, but put the mma in a combat fight and the mma guy will get smashed.

This one is up there with "Bruce Lee would beat Fedor", "don't eat carbs at night", "Elvis is alive", and other idiotic myths.

Fact is soldiers who spend a couple of hours per week being taught how to fight (often by MMA fighters by the way) don't have the reaction time nor the actual full contact experience to even realize WTF happened as their nose gets smashed the instant a real fight starts between them and a professional fighter.
You watch WAYYYYYY too many movies bro.

Any half decent amateur boxer would beat the living shit out of any marine or 2 or 3. I'm not even talking about people with knowledge of grappling or knees, kicks etc.
I know a marine... You telling me he would beat up Sergei (former marine by the way, just from a different country) in a real fight?
You lost your mind bro? The marine would run away and cry before Sergei even makes a fist.

And why is it just fighting??? :?: :?: :?:
Marines train to shoot! You telling me they are better at it than Olympic shooters IF they are both given a different rifle from the one Olympian is used to??? You kidding me man?
How about driving? Don't special forces have to be able to operate machinery? So you telling me a marine would beat Michael Schumaker if they both race a Nissan Centra down your local highway? Don't be silly! Michael will easily win every time.

MMA fighters are perfectly aware of how real fights go, dirty moves etc. Imagine how fast Liddell would poke a marine in the eye if there is no ref to tell him not to do it :lol: :lol: :lol:
So true man, marines are overrated and too much idolized
HW:Overeem
LHW:Shogun
MW:Chris Leben
WW:GSP
LW:Cerrone
xRICKSONxBYxARMBARx
White Belt
White Belt

Postby biscuits69 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:21 am

irishmike357 wrote:
kusok wrote:

This one is up there with "Bruce Lee would beat Fedor", "don't eat carbs at night", "Elvis is alive", and other idiotic myths.

Fact is soldiers who spend a couple of hours per week being taught how to fight (often by MMA fighters by the way) don't have the reaction time nor the actual full contact experience to even realize WTF happened as their nose gets smashed the instant a real fight starts between them and a professional fighter.

Any half decent amateur boxer would beat the living shit out of any marine or 2 or 3. I'm not even talking about people with knowledge of grappling or knees, kicks etc.
I know a marine... You telling me he would beat up Sergei (former marine by the way, just from a different country) in a real fight?
You lost your mind bro? The marine would run away and cry before Sergei even makes a fist.

Marines train to shoot! You telling me they are better at it than Olympic shooters IF they are both given a different rifle from the one Olympian is used to??? You kidding me man?
How about driving? Don't special forces have to be able to operate machinery? So you telling me a marine would beat Michael Schumaker if they both race a Nissan Centra down your local highway? Don't be silly! Michael will easily win every time.

MMA fighters are perfectly aware of how real fights go, dirty moves etc. Imagine how fast Liddell would poke a marine in the eye if there is no ref to tell him not to do it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kusok you don't know a fucking thing about being a Marine or the military so shut the fuck up. Really Marines are trained hand to hand combat by MMA fighters? Is that what you read on the internet? Cause I was in the Marine Corps for 5 fucking years and never met an MMA fighter. Odd.

You should stick to the Fedor threads where you have a little more knowledge.

wow someone is butthurt

the original argument was not whether MMA fighters could backpack in a desert with lack of sleep, water and food. It was if marines could beat MMA fighters in a streetfight

no one was even dissing the marines rofl :lol:
Most awesome fighters in the world
Carlos Condit
Chael Sonnen
Shogun Rua
Lyoto Machida
Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort
Urijah Faber
Bigfoot Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Brian Stann
Craig Wildman
biscuits69
1 Account Bet Win
1 Account Bet Win

Postby biscuits69 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 am

xRICKSONxBYxARMBARx wrote:
kusok wrote:
Jetli wrote:
Theres a difference between self defense kind of fighting and competitive martial arts. get any marine or even special forces guys in the octagon and they'l get smashed, but put the mma in a combat fight and the mma guy will get smashed.

So true man, marines are overrated and too much idolized

besides this guy :roll:
Most awesome fighters in the world
Carlos Condit
Chael Sonnen
Shogun Rua
Lyoto Machida
Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort
Urijah Faber
Bigfoot Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Brian Stann
Craig Wildman
biscuits69
1 Account Bet Win
1 Account Bet Win

Postby Jetli » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Why was this brought back up?
Overeem wrote:You guys better duck, because im bout to turn left, and i dont wana SMACK you with my dick

Agonz ducked the Jet like a lil bitch.

Jetli (Belcher) vs PoopCannon (Bisping) Account bet
Acount sig bet victims:
Brickbat.
SigBets
5-1
Jetli
Buakaw's P.R Manager
Buakaw's P.R Manager

Postby Jetli » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:19 pm

irishmike357 wrote:
kusok wrote:

Kusok you don't know a fucking thing about being a Marine or the military so shut the fuck up. Really Marines are trained hand to hand combat by MMA fighters? Is that what you read on the internet? Cause I was in the Marine Corps for 5 fucking years and never met an MMA fighter. Odd.

You should stick to the Fedor threads where you have a little more knowledge.

Irish laying a beatdown on Kusok, classic.
Overeem wrote:You guys better duck, because im bout to turn left, and i dont wana SMACK you with my dick

Agonz ducked the Jet like a lil bitch.

Jetli (Belcher) vs PoopCannon (Bisping) Account bet
Acount sig bet victims:
Brickbat.
SigBets
5-1
Jetli
Buakaw's P.R Manager
Buakaw's P.R Manager

Postby irishmike357 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Jetli wrote:
Irish laying a beatdown on Kusok, classic.

Man I was so angry back then lol. Really though why would some one bump this old ass thread?
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby Ronin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 am

That was quite a beating Mike, props. But warning are going out for bumping threads for purpose of trolling.
ImageImage
Ronin
中国和日本王子

Previous

Return to Internet Wasteland