Mark hunt pulled off sydney card

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Mark hunt pulled off sydney card

Postby JayKoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Werdum stepping in. Ufc pulled hunt for medical reasons. Mainly that hunt recently admitted to showing signs of cte and he doesnt care if he dies fighting

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/ufc-medica ... cio-werdum
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Mark hunt pulled off sydney card

Postby JayKoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFfEoCgaaH/?hl=en

Mark hunts instagram post adressing the issue. Hahaha
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby TFlock » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 pm

yeah, he's done fighting. the ufc won't let him fight again.

his post was funny as shit :lol:
October A League Team
Kevin Lee
Oskar Piechota
Costello van Steenis
Neiman Gracie
Liam McGeary

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby PBells » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Oh dear :lol: :lol: :thunder:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby 1098765432 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:00 pm

At least it's not for peds :lol:
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Hunto went full potty mouth on Dana lolz
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby KARHU-III » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Sounds like UFC is looking for any reason to pull him after he filed that lawsuit.. What a joke
Spoiler:
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby TFlock » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:07 pm

KARHU-III wrote:Sounds like UFC is looking for any reason to pull him after he filed that lawsuit.. What a joke

He's fought a few times since that lawsuit. It's gotta be because of what the op said. Admitting symptoms of cte and saying he doesn't care if he dies fighting. If he did die, it would fuck the UFC

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/14/1 ... ompetition
October A League Team
Kevin Lee
Oskar Piechota
Costello van Steenis
Neiman Gracie
Liam McGeary

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:34 pm

Well that sucks
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby JayKoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:50 pm

In all honesty he should definantly not have said the things he said. Talked his way out of 800k and if he ever does get cleared to fight again it will take forever. Its a shame really
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Shuck » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 am

Anyone experienced w/starting petitions... fuck the ufc trying to muscle an OG like this, the word should spread and Sydney fans should boycott the event.. time to take the power back - :hand:
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
- :hand:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :kiss:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~
Shuck
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby 8ken » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:15 am

TFlock wrote:
KARHU-III wrote:Sounds like UFC is looking for any reason to pull him after he filed that lawsuit.. What a joke

He's fought a few times since that lawsuit. It's gotta be because of what the op said. Admitting symptoms of cte and saying he doesn't care if he dies fighting. If he did die, it would fuck the UFC

The last thing the UFC would want to do is violate the terms of Hunt's contract while facing a lawsuit from him. Hunt admitting to experiencing symptoms of CTE gave Fat Bald the excuse he needed to pull him from the card without violating the contract. Plus, FB is in the good graces of fans and media now because of his actions throughout the Las Vegas tragedy, so this will fall by the wayside. He's as greasy as greasy comes. If he actually cared that much about fighter safety, he wouldn't have let Bork fight without joining the USADA program for 4 months or whatever it is.
8ken
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TFlock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 am

8ken wrote:
TFlock wrote:

The last thing the UFC would want to do is violate the terms of Hunt's contract while facing a lawsuit from him. Hunt admitting to experiencing symptoms of CTE gave Fat Bald the excuse he needed to pull him from the card without violating the contract. Plus, FB is in the good graces of fans and media now because of his actions throughout the Las Vegas tragedy, so this will fall by the wayside. He's as greasy as greasy comes. If he actually cared that much about fighter safety, he wouldn't have let Bork fight without joining the USADA program for 4 months or whatever it is.

Nobody in the UFC gives a fuck about fighter safety. They only care about how it will affect their image as a sport in the future if Hunt did have CTE or died fighting.
October A League Team
Kevin Lee
Oskar Piechota
Costello van Steenis
Neiman Gracie
Liam McGeary

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:04 am

Hunt is the last MMA OG.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby SpeakEasy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 am

I will preface this with I only nut hug 3 fighters Hendo, Bibi Fernandes and Mark Hunt.
I understand the UFC and Dana might have personal reasons for pulling Mark but I don't see how anyone can side with Hunto on this one.
Our entertainment is not worth anyone's death, Hunt, admittedly, needs help not another fight.
The things he said are so sad and to know the kind of shape he could be in mentally and physically in just a few short years is heartbreaking.
Hunt suffered enough, the man no longer NEEDS to fight he absolutely needs to find something else to do.
Unfortunate as it is that MMA is the landscape it is but for the love of god a man doesn't need to make a living if he's gonna die the next time he tries to.
How does he support his family when he's comatose?
How much is full time in house respite care in places like Australia and New Zealand?
Every fight he fights now to "earn" money for himself and his family is ultimately just going to be more for them to pay in the end.
Hospital care, respite care, medications and the special equipment needed for CTE treatment will not be cheap.
Funerals aren't cheap either.
For the love of all that is good if you honestly believe Mark hunt is right here, he should be allowed to fight than you need to do some research on CTE and dementia pugilistica and what it's like to live "punch drunk".
Not a single dollar Mark hunt could make fighting in any form of combat sports will make up for the loss he would leave behind should the worst happen.
I wouldn't wish a life of CTE on anyone, that's why I am mesmerized by fighting sports, these men risk every inch of their body and mind for us so I feel it wrong for us to ask anymore than anything they've already given us.
It's time for Hunt to lay down his sword and walk off into the sunset before he commits seppuku.

"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Next