One Month Fantasy MMA Rules and Scoring

Place your signature bets here and sign up to play MMA themed games. Please be respectful with all pictures and/or text.

One Month Fantasy MMA Rules and Scoring

Postby BrdrOkm69 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:18 pm

MOVING UP/DOWN LEAGUES, PRIZES, AND DRAFT ORDER:
To move up a league: place in the top 3 in your own league, and also score more points than a bottom 3 member in the league above you.
To move down a league: place in the bottom 3 of your own league, and also score less points than a top 3 member in the league below you.
The winner of the A league earns the right to pick their own draft number in the following month's A league draft, as well as the most coveted trophy on all of MMALinker, the Gina.

The draft is a snake style, meaning the draft order is as follows for each round:
Round 1: 1-10
Round 2: 10-1
Round 3: 1-10
Round 4: 10-1

If you get banned during any point of the draft, you're out.

PICK DEADLINES, SKIPPING, AND REPLACEMENT PICKS:
12 hours to make your pick after the guy before you makes his. You guys can check time stamps of posts to make sure 12 hours have gone by before skipping someone on your own. If any problems arise with skipping, PM me and I will post here to resolve whatever the issue is.

If you think you're going to miss a pick, or if you don't want to wait around for the Linker before you to make his pick, PM me a list of fighters you want to draft, in the order you'd want them. If your turn rolls around and you aren't online, I'll make the pick for you to keep the draft rolling. If neither of us are online, PMing me your pick before your deadline will reserve that fighter for you, so they can't be picked by the next Linker.

If you miss one pick, you get skipped, but can make 2 picks in the next round. If you miss two picks (doesn't matter if they're sequential or not), you have to wait til the end to pick from the leftover fighters. If you miss all of your picks, you're a fuckface and are not to be trusted, but you can still have some leftovers.

If you're the first or last person in a draft, and have two picks to make in a row, you get 12 hours for each pick. For example, if you miss the 12 hour window for your first pick, you have 12 more hours to make your second pick, plus the additional replacement pick. You don't get extra time to make a replacement pick, and have to make it within the 12 hour window the next time it's your turn to pick.

If one of your fighters pulls out of a fight due to injury or other reasons, you can pick a replacement fighter from the undrafted fighters list at the end of the draft. If you draft a fighter and their opponent pulls out, but your pick remains on a card in the same month, you're stuck with them regardless of who they're fighting.

TRADES:
Once the draft has finished completely, members will be able to trade their picks with those of other members. There is no trading out one of your fighters for an undrafted one. The trade deadline is the start of the first event; no trades will be allowed after the first event has officially started. No trading fighters across leagues!

SCORING:
WIN
(T)KO/Sub= 10
UD=8
MD= 6
SD= 3
Technical Decision= 2
DQ win= 1
Finish Round Bonus:
Finished in 1st= 3
2nd= 2
3rd-5th= 1

LOSS
(T)KO/Sub= -8
UD= -6
MD= -4
SD= -2
Technical Decision= -2
DQ= -1
Round Finished:
1st = -3
2nd= -2
3rd-5th= -1

Draw= 1 for both fighters
NC= 0 for both fighters

Bonus
FOTN/POTN = 3
Win a Title Fight= 5

TIEBREAKER CRITERIA:
A tie score at the end of the month won't mean much, unless moving up or down a league is on the line. In the event of a tie, the first three tiebreaker criteria are:

1. Fighters' record (if your fighters have a record of 3-1 and your opponent has fighters with a record of 2-2, you win the tiebreaker).
2. Number of finishes (if your fighters finished more than your opponent's fighters, you win the tiebreaker).
3. Fastest finishes (whoever's fighters secured the fastest finishes overall wins the tiebreaker).

If there's still somehow a tie after going through the first three criteria... we'll have to think of something else :-?
I shook Fedor's hand, and he smiled at my attempt to speak Russian
Most finishes in UFC/Pride/WEC/SF history? CRO COP FOREVER
BrdrOkm69
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Shook hands with Fedor Emelianenko, Survivor, Nov. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Linker of the Year

Re: One Month Fantasy MMA Rules and Scoring

Postby TFlock » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:26 pm

If one of your picks opponents withdraws and a replacement fighter is found you should have the choice of picking another fighter or keeping your current fighter. Matchups change and you shouldn't be punished for this.

Please make the rule change or debate about it.
July "A" League team
Cris Cyborg
Anthony Pettis
Aleksandra Albu
Robbie Lawler
Jordan Johnson

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:38 pm

TFlock wrote:If one of your picks opponents withdraws and a replacement fighter is found you should have the choice of picking another fighter or keeping your current fighter. Matchups change and you shouldn't be punished for this.

Please make the rule change or debate about it.

I for sure see your side of this, and a part of me leans your way. However a part of me likes the way it is. The idea of being tentative to pick a fighter who is fighting someone notorious for pulling out or getting injured adds another layer of risk

On another hand though like you say should we really be punished for it?

Hard to say. I see both sides of it.

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PBells » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm inclined to keep it the way it is... my position is "A pick is a pick." Not to mention that IMO last-minute replacement opponents aren't usually that great and have overall benefited pickers. At the same time, I can see that it can be gray area and am open to debate.
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby yoseph » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Keep it as is my friends, tradition. And agreed that most times it benefits the picker. Only 2 backfires off the top of my head since starting this are conor/diaz and bisping/rockhold, and i dont think they had a problem keeping them either.
Shaka on Cain Valasquez:
Shaka Zulu wrote: This nigga don't speak Spanish hell he needs an interpreter just to order some Taco Bell.
If I was Dana I would've made Werdum be your interpreter for your in octagon loser speech.

July 2017 A league:
Valentina Shevchenko :-( replaced by James Mulheron
Justin Gaethje
Volkan Oezdemir
Paul Felder
Fabricio Werdum

3-6 in sigbets
yoseph
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion