Pea, Protein.

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Pea, Protein.

Postby Eastonn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 am

I was reading the hubby Flex, and there was this little blurb about how good pea protein is, It said it's basically the same type of protein you get from beans and legumes. Anyone else heard of this? It actually has some additional health benefits, such as helping to fight blood pressure and kidney disease.
Eastonn
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Pea, Protein.

Postby KC Masterpiece » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I used pea protein for a while. I think the differences in protein supplements are negligible (pea vs. caesin vs. whey), etc. as long as you have a solid whole food diet.

Pea protein is extremely thick however. The whey I use now has basically the same consistency as water, and pea is a step down from a straight up milkshake, and slightly less smooth.
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby SitBackAndWatch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:47 pm

I had it for a few months, was the only protein powder I ever needed to really not breath through my nose to get down, lol

Didn't quite feel the same recovery from plant based proteins. Then again, it could've been in my head from reading some people saying plant based proteins do not have every single one of the essential acids etc for recovery. Might of tricked myself.
SitBackAndWatch
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Larasun » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:18 pm

KC Masterpiece wrote:I used pea protein for a while. I think the differences in protein supplements are negligible (pea vs. caesin vs. whey), etc. as long as you have a solid whole food diet.

Pea protein is extremely thick however. The whey I use now has basically the same consistency as water, and pea is a step down from a straight up milkshake, and slightly less smooth.

This was useful information. thanks
Larasun
White Belt
White Belt