Making a Khabib-Ferguson Fight *Discussion*

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Making a Khabib-Ferguson Fight *Discussion*

Postby hawdrigoh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:49 am

Just making a single thread to keep track of updates so it doesn't keep diffusing to different threads.

Anyways, it looks like there may be a verbal agreement in place finally:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/01/bout-agreements-yet-to-be-signed-but-tony-ferguson-says-hes-in-for-khabib-nurmagomedov-at-ufc-209

A long-awaited bout between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov appears closer than ever to being done for UFC 209.

Ferguson (22-3 MMA, 12-1 UFC) today tweeted that he had been tested by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, the UFC’s anti-doping partner, and indicated a bout with Nurmagomedov (24-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) is on the table for the March 4 pay-per-view event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

According to a person close to the Ferguson camp, who asked to remain anonymous because negotiations are meant to be private, the fighter is waiting on an “updated bout agreement” based on a “verbal agreement.” UFC officials also confirmed to MMAjunkie that no bout agreements have been signed for the bout, which is expected to serve as an interim lightweight title fight.

While the person close to Ferguson’s camp declined to elaborate on the verbal agreement, the lightweight’s financial demands previously have been a holdup. Prior to this past month’s UFC 207, White said the surging lightweight wanted equal pay with Nurmagomedov and shot down the possibility. In a bizarre move, Nurmagomedov then offered to go out of pocket to pay Ferguson an additional $200,000 to sign on the dotted line.

Today, Ferguson turned a corner. His tweet seems to be a good sign the fight is a finally a reality after multiple setbacks in previous efforts. Medical issues with Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, respectively, scratched bookings at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale and UFC on FOX 19.

If finalized, the lightweight bout pits two of the winningest fighters in the division against each other and sets up a title shot. The undefeated Nurmagomedov, the No. 2 fighter in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA lightweight rankings, has won eight straight in the octagon, while No. 3 Ferguson has won nine.

The two have sparred plenty in the media, trading barbs on Twitter when fists weren’t in the cards. They recently went another round online. In the cage, Ferguson most recently outpointed ex-champ Rafael dos Anjos at UFC Fight Night 98. Nurmagomedov, meanwhile, bested Michael Johnson at UFC 205.

Both fighters are targeting a title shot with champ Conor McGregor, who’s on a 10-month leave as his longtime girlfriend is helping prepare him to give birth to a child.

Looks promising...hopefully something official soon.

Spoiler:
There was a slight correction to the last part...writers should check their work more thoroughly in the current information age.
hawdrigoh
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Making a Khabib-Ferguson Fight *Discussion*

Postby RaptorJEWSUS » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 am

It was leaked like a week ago that this fight is scheduled for 209 in March.

And all I have to say is that fight is gonna be sick.

WAR KHABIB!!!

THE GOAT IS HERE
Khabib (me) vs. Ferguson (DeceptaBum) - 2 weeks

FEDOR
GSP
Rory MacDonald, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Paul Daley, Thomas Almeida, Zubaira Tukhugov, Rashid Magomedov, Albert Tumenov, Renan Barao, Magomed Mustafaev, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Valentina Shevchenko, Anastasia Yankova

Weed beats speed.
Weed beats power.
Weed beats precision.
Weed beats timing.

First ever linker betting King to achieve greatness in every league. :gold:
RaptorJEWSUS
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Irishdonal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 am

This fight should be one of the best fights of the year. It will also change the life of who over wins it because they will have points on what will likely be the largest PPV this year(maybe if on the CM come back fight)

It's so hard to choose between the two, if I vision the fight I see Khabib winning UD and Ferguson doing better than any previous opponent but mostly avoiding damage but you never know Ferguson creativity, chin and technique means he always has a shot.

This is so hard to judge which makes it a great fight!
knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that you don't put a tomato in the fruit bowl
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 am

RaptorJEWSUS wrote:It was leaked like a week ago that this fight is scheduled for 209 in March.

To be honest it was leaked long before a week ago that they were trying to make this for 209 in March...but one of the contestants was having trouble with reality which was holding negotiations up. It is inevitable though...it always is.

RaptorJEWSUS wrote:And all I have to say is that fight is gonna be sick.

WAR KHABIB!!!

THE GOAT IS HERE

This will be a helluva fight. Much respect to Ferg, the guy is amazing, but yes War Khabib.
hawdrigoh

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 am

Hopefully this fight leads to a trilogy and everyone will forget about Conor and begging him to fight. Its getting pretty pathetic if you ask me. These 2 guys could both do what Conor did at higher weight classes.
A-XMen
Anthony Johnson, Ovince Saint Preux
Are you ready for the last great deception? And fuck Mattrione!
DeceptaCon
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 am

DeceptaCon wrote:Hopefully this fight leads to a trilogy and everyone will forget about Conor and begging him to fight. Its getting pretty pathetic if you ask me. These 2 guys could both do what Conor did at higher weight classes.

Amen. God willing a red panty night will soon refer to the Soviet flag and the wealth will be distributed equally so the incentive for asshattery and ducking is minimized.
hawdrigoh

Postby PainDog » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

“Don't run away from grief, o soul. Look for the remedy inside the pain. Because the rose came from the thorn and the ruby came from a stone.”
-Rumi

"Khabib Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby reasontat2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Im gonna laugh if Ferguson sprawls and brawls to victory, or better yet, leg rapes the fuck outta him, or better still, TKO's him. I think Turd, wins this. Idk why or how, but, I have this weird feeling Ferguson exposes The beagle.
My middle finger so big/ it eclipses ya bullshit -925 Tha Hero

Image Image
reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby dipset52 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

reasontat2 wrote:Im gonna laugh if Ferguson sprawls and brawls to victory, or better yet, leg rapes the fuck outta him, or better still, TKO's him. I think Turd, wins this. Idk why or how, but, I have this weird feeling Ferguson exposes The beagle.

I too have the feeling.

Let the turd smear all over that Russian turkey's face.
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby Spiderman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm

dipset52 wrote:
reasontat2 wrote:Im gonna laugh if Ferguson sprawls and brawls to victory, or better yet, leg rapes the fuck outta him, or better still, TKO's him. I think Turd, wins this. Idk why or how, but, I have this weird feeling Ferguson exposes The beagle.

I too have the feeling.

HE IS AN EAGLE!!!! NOT A TURKEY!!!!!
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand - he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard."

10-10-1 sigbetting record

War Anderson, War Showtime, War Hunt
Spiderman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Accolades: Sep. 2016, Nov. 2016, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Spiderman wrote:
dipset52 wrote:

I too have the feeling.

HE IS AN EAGLE!!!! NOT A TURKEY!!!!!

War America!
Last edited by dipset52 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:10 pm

dipset52 wrote:

I too have the feeling.

Now I feel it too, he wins via rapage!

Spoiler:
A-XMen
Anthony Johnson, Ovince Saint Preux
Are you ready for the last great deception? And fuck Mattrione!
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
dipset52 wrote:

I too have the feeling.

Now I feel it too, he wins via rapage!

Spoiler:

Need something like this early.

Get him nice and red
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby hawdrigoh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm

PainDog wrote:

Good stuff :tup:
hawdrigoh

Postby reasontat2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Can we just change his name from The Eagle to The Smeagol already?
My middle finger so big/ it eclipses ya bullshit -925 Tha Hero

Image Image
reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next