Report: Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt in the works

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Report: Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt in the works

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Heavyweight contender Derrick Lewis said he wanted to fight Mark Hunt next, and it looks like he’ll get his wish. MMAjunkie reported on Monday that Lewis vs. Hunt is being targeted to headline UFC Fight Night in Auckland, New Zealand on June 11th (June 10th in North America due to time zone differences). UFC officials haven’t formally announced the matchup, and with Hunt still on medical suspension, he can’t proceed until he’s given clearance to fight.

Lewis (18-4) is coming off a dramatic KO win over Travis Browne in last month UFC Halifax main event. He survived a difficult first round before rendering Browne unconscious midway through the second. It was the sixth straight victory for “The Black Beast,” with five of them coming by knockout. This would be the third straight appearance as a headliner, having also stopped Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC Albany in December.

Hunt (12-11-1, 1 NC) was knocked out by the vicious knees of Alistair Overem at UFC 209 earlier this month. The 42-year-old has won just two of his last six fights, and his last four losses have all been by KO or TKO. His last main event bout was exactly one year ago, when he scored a walkoff KO win vs. former heavyweight champion Frank Mir at UFC Brisbane.

As of the March 15th update, the UFC rankings have Lewis listed at #6, while Hunt is #7 in the heavyweight top-15.

UFC Auckland will take place at the Vector Arena. The night’s main card will air live on Fox Sports 1.

Fuck me, they are not making life esay for Hunt.

:shock:
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Report: Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt in the works

Postby ebickmeyer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Hunt walk off KO round 1.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 10-8 Ban Bet Record: 1-0

ebickmeyer's gym rats

Cody Garbrandt | Chase Sherman | Curtis Blaydes | Jingliang Li | Stephen Thompson

Spoiler:

ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion

Postby dipset52 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Jesus fucking Christ. How many fucking times do I have to say it . There should never be a heavyweight fight as the main event unless it's for the fucking belt.

Suck my fuckin dick
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby DreadLobster » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Damn. Can't root against Hunt but I'd hate to see him derail someone else I like who hasn't had a shot yet...

Should be a fun one either way though.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:08 pm

bruins2012 wrote: The 42-year-old has won just two of his last six fights, and his last four losses have all been by KO or TKO.
:shock:

God damn that makes me sad
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby JTuck34 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Wtf? This fight makes no sense at all....

Derrick Lewis is 6-0 and Mark Hunt is 2-4 currently....

This HAS to be because of Hunt's gay-ass lawsuit, there is no other explanation.

Watch them match him up with JDS again after this :lol:
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 pm

JTuck34 wrote:Wtf? This fight makes no sense at all....

This HAS to be because of Hunt's gay-ass lawsuit, there is no other explanation.

:lol: :lol:

Hunto fights Ngannou and JDS back to back after this fight
Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies.

Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby vampxx24 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Rankings/record wise your right. But, if u watch his last fight there was big negative feedback on how lewis fought in the first and if it was a more skilled guy he would of been finished. I had a feeling they would give him either hunt or struve next as they generally dont match up guys rising up against each other till its a number 1 contender or title ( think of the paths of jds,carwin, cain and they were kept far away from each other coming up), so ngannou is out for lewis.

They want to put him in deeper waters to see if he can swim, regardless of record if he fights against hunt like he did against browne hes getting ktfo. Its pretty much a general feeling lewis doesnt survive against the top 5. If he beats hunt it will likely give them more faith in lewis. If you look at who hunt had lost to, its not like hes losing to cans, there pretty much all in that top 5 who people feel will completely outclass lewis.
vampxx24
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby The Smurf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm

hunt will lose only against the top 5. This is a very good match up for lewis to see where he stands in the division. Hunt needs to take a long vacation if he cant torch this rude little cunt.
The Smurf

Postby mmafan559 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm

would rather have black beast vs. the predator in the blackest fight of all time

i mean i love me some hunt but jesus if he wins then what he gets beat up again
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559

Postby The Smurf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:18 pm

i just had an epiphany.

Derrick Lewis will try to throw hooks or maybe close the distance to try and get hunt down.

I give a slight strength advantage to Lewis. But I dont see him being able to take Hunt down.

I 'predict' a similar ending to the Roy Nelson fight. Hunt will 'catch' Lewis with a hook-uppercut and finish him.

Walk off ko.

I take sigbets - accountbets.

dont be ducking homo erectus.
The Smurf

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:28 pm

vampxx24 wrote:

Rankings/record wise your right. But, if u watch his last fight there was big negative feedback on how lewis fought in the first and if it was a more skilled guy he would of been finished. I had a feeling they would give him either hunt or struve next as they generally dont match up guys rising up against each other till its a number 1 contender or title ( think of the paths of jds,carwin, cain and they were kept far away from each other coming up), so ngannou is out for lewis.

They want to put him in deeper waters to see if he can swim, regardless of record if he fights against hunt like he did against browne hes getting ktfo. Its pretty much a general feeling lewis doesnt survive against the top 5. If he beats hunt it will likely give them more faith in lewis. If you look at who hunt had lost to, its not like hes losing to cans, there pretty much all in that top 5 who people feel will completely outclass lewis.

Lewis is on a six fight win streak, Hunt is lost his last two and has a record of 12-11. The ONLY reason Lewis if fighting Hunt is because of the lawsuit Hunt has against the UFC. It's simply the UFC's way of trying to punish Hunt. Same reason why they had him fight Reem.
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby jblaze » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Lewis via not having to take a big shit.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:12 pm

.Lewis and reem dont train together do they?
Either way who cares it should be
Lewis vs Overeem not Hunt.
Man Hunt needs to hangem up. As good as he is hes on a steady decline
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Beastmeng » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:09 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
vampxx24 wrote:

Lewis is on a six fight win streak, Hunt is lost his last two and has a record of 12-11. The ONLY reason Lewis if fighting Hunt is because of the lawsuit Hunt has against the UFC. It's simply the UFC's way of trying to punish Hunt. Same reason why they had him fight Reem.

Oh poor hunt...he has to fight a sloppy brawler that only has success when he decides to spend a bunch of energy bursting out haymakers.

Black bitch admitted in his last fight that he isn't as good as the top heavyweights and wins due to his huge heart. That's not a confident fighter in the cage. His striking will be exposed by Hunt and he will be flattened. Black will have no choice but to go hard right away to keep Hunt off of him and will eat some hard countershots in the process...sending him to the canvas. Hunt is too experienced to lose to a sloppy fighter like black.
Unless we are governed by God....we shall be ruled by tyrants - Willam Penn

Beastmeng
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2016 Bum Linker of the Year

Next