Official NHL Discussion Thread

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby exsanguinator » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 am

willmma wrote:
exsanguinator wrote:While the Flames may get swept tomorrow, the Oilers got beat by a touchdown tonight.


my sympathies.
really sucks


Thank you.

I'll be less of an asshole when the Leafs lose their series.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
User avatar
exsanguinator
Moderator
 
Posts: 11115
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby exsanguinator » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 am

BestWayKilla wrote:
J D wrote:Anyone else shocked Chicago is getting the crap kicked out of them so bad?

I certainly wasn't expecting it, that's for sure. But if Nashville gets the performances out of Rinse he's capable of, they should be good enough to contend with any team in the West.


Well they just swept one of the Cup favorites so I can see them going pretty damn far. I don't think they would have much of an issue with St Louis. It just depends on how they fare against Anaheim or Edmonton/San Jose.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
User avatar
exsanguinator
Moderator
 
Posts: 11115
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 am

Sucks the Flames are out. Great that Nashville is moving in for. Big win by the Oilers, no one cares about the Leafs, and fuck the Senators
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 15994
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 am

Bruins in 7!


Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies.


:P
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 15994
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 am

exsanguinator wrote:
willmma wrote:
exsanguinator wrote:While the Flames may get swept tomorrow, the Oilers got beat by a touchdown tonight.


my sympathies.
really sucks


Thank you.

I'll be less of an asshole when the Leafs lose their series.


:tup:


bruins2012 wrote:Sucks the Flames are out. Great that Nashville is moving in for. Big win by the Oilers, no one cares about the Leafs, and fuck the Senators


I agree to all of that except for one part :roll:

That said, we've been following Edmonton's lead, almost to a tee. So hopefully their win last night is a good omen for us.
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

Image
User avatar
willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5780
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 pm

well we lost today. Both teams were a bit flat, but we were extra flat. Our powerplay was miserable. If I was the Caps I would have taken penalty after penalty because it was clear the Leafs won't score on a powerplay :evil:
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

Image
User avatar
willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5780
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 pm

That better be a goal....
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 15994
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Image
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 15994
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby BestWayKilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Image

Not to worry, justice ultimately prevailed, no matter how hard the refs were determined to screw the B's.
THE ONE, LASCIVIOUS

ImageImage

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.


Sigbetting Record- 17-10
User avatar
BestWayKilla
The Trooper
 
Posts: 9858
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Rehoboth, MA

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 am

wow teams are dropping like flies
Montreal is out
Minnesota is out
and if they don't come back San Jose will be out in an hour's time.
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

Image
User avatar
willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5780
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby exsanguinator » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:20 am

willmma wrote:wow teams are dropping like flies
Montreal is out
Minnesota is out
and if they don't come back San Jose will be out in an hour's time.


So that would leave us with Edmonton and maybe Ottawa and Toronto as Canada's teams. And then if both teams in the east make it then they would play each other. Hmm.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
User avatar
exsanguinator
Moderator
 
Posts: 11115
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:12 am

exsanguinator wrote:
willmma wrote:wow teams are dropping like flies
Montreal is out
Minnesota is out
and if they don't come back San Jose will be out in an hour's time.


So that would leave us with Edmonton and maybe Ottawa and Toronto as Canada's teams. And then if both teams in the east make it then they would play each other. Hmm.


Is that how it works? The leafs haven't been to the playoffs for so long, I'm not sure how the brackets work any more.
If we magically win, who do we play against, the asshole Sens?
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

Image
User avatar
willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5780
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby exsanguinator » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 pm

willmma wrote:
exsanguinator wrote:
willmma wrote:wow teams are dropping like flies
Montreal is out
Minnesota is out
and if they don't come back San Jose will be out in an hour's time.


So that would leave us with Edmonton and maybe Ottawa and Toronto as Canada's teams. And then if both teams in the east make it then they would play each other. Hmm.


Is that how it works? The leafs haven't been to the playoffs for so long, I'm not sure how the brackets work any more.
If we magically win, who do we play against, the asshole Sens?


No, I was completely wrong. The Leafs will play the Penguins and the Senators would play the Rangers if both Canadian teams win out. The wild card thing kind of threw me off cause the Leafs and Sens are in the same division but the Leafs got a wild card spot and had to go to the playoffs as part of the Metropolitan division.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
User avatar
exsanguinator
Moderator
 
Posts: 11115
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:28 pm

exsanguinator wrote:
willmma wrote:
exsanguinator wrote:
willmma wrote:wow teams are dropping like flies
Montreal is out
Minnesota is out
and if they don't come back San Jose will be out in an hour's time.


So that would leave us with Edmonton and maybe Ottawa and Toronto as Canada's teams. And then if both teams in the east make it then they would play each other. Hmm.


Is that how it works? The leafs haven't been to the playoffs for so long, I'm not sure how the brackets work any more.
If we magically win, who do we play against, the asshole Sens?


No, I was completely wrong. The Leafs will play the Penguins and the Senators would play the Rangers if both Canadian teams win out. The wild card thing kind of threw me off cause the Leafs and Sens are in the same division but the Leafs got a wild card spot and had to go to the playoffs as part of the Metropolitan division.



fuck. so if we make it past Ovechkin, we have to face Crosby!?
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

Image
User avatar
willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5780
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby BestWayKilla » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Not content to just hand games to the Senators, the refs just gift-wrapped the entire series to Ottawa. Fuck you, you piece of shit zebras. I would've been right there with the fans throwing trash at them :evil:
THE ONE, LASCIVIOUS

ImageImage

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.


Sigbetting Record- 17-10
User avatar
BestWayKilla
The Trooper
 
Posts: 9858
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Rehoboth, MA

PreviousNext