Sorry for offending everyone but.......

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

How good of a chance does Andrade have?

Poll runs till Sat May 12, 2018 9:18 am

Great
1
7%
Good
2
13%
Somewhat
1
7%
Average chance
4
27%
Meh
1
7%
Little chance
1
7%
No chance in hell
1
7%
Go fuck yourself Meow you kitty fuck
4
27%
 
Total votes : 15

Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 am

Are we not giving Jessica Andrade enough of a chance against Joanna?

I am not saying everyone in particular, but mmalinker as a whole. We have been quite dismissive of Andrade's chances. A few linkers have actually said Andrade could win, Jtuck and mmafan559 in particular.

However it seems as if the majority of linkers simply expect Andrade to show Joanna nothing she hasn't seen before in route to another UD title defense

In my opinion I favor Joanna, but only slightly. Like I have said recently Joanna has been getting dropped/rocked from striking exchanges in her past few fights. Gadelha II and Karolina especially.

Andrade has the most power in her fists at straweight in the UFC in my opinion. She also has an excellent guillotine choke she uses incredibly well on a rocked opponent or when her opponent tried to get up too fast after being taken down.

If Andrade wins I believe its via rocking Joanna and slapping on a choke. Again I favor Joanna but only slightly. Andrade is a monster at straweight and has the ability to finish anyone anytime. Andrade has some wild swinging hooks which do give Joanna a chance to counter straight down the middle though

What are your thoughts linkers? Are we not giving Andrade enough of a chance? Or is this kitty blowing her chances of winning out of proportion??

Sorry for offending anyone with this :tup:
Image

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7902
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby PainDog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:24 am

I certainly hope Andrade wins.

At this point there is no other fighter who I would rather see lose than Joanna.

I also apologize if that offends anyone :tup:
Image

"His enemies are not demons,
but human beings like himself.
He doesn’t wish them personal harm.
Nor does he rejoice in victory.
How could he rejoice in victory
and delight in the slaughter of men?"

-Lao Tzu

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 6405
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am

PainDog wrote:I certainly hope Andrade wins.

At this point there is no other fighter who I would rather see lose than Joanna.

I also apologize if that offends anyone :tup:


Why is that sir mr sir sir?
Image

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7902
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby PainDog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am

Mr Meow wrote:
PainDog wrote:I certainly hope Andrade wins.

At this point there is no other fighter who I would rather see lose than Joanna.

I also apologize if that offends anyone :tup:


Why is that sir mr sir sir?


Honestly her reverence amongst the fanboys was a little too much.

People spoke of her as if she was the greatest striker in MMA history, yet she was having competitive fights against girls who are very average even for women's MMA.

Again it's just my opinion and I don't want to offend anyone.
Image

"His enemies are not demons,
but human beings like himself.
He doesn’t wish them personal harm.
Nor does he rejoice in victory.
How could he rejoice in victory
and delight in the slaughter of men?"

-Lao Tzu

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 6405
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby bwawm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm offended by you preemptively assuming I would be offended.

Heated.
bwawm
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby Shuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:38 pm

this is an awfully offensive post king meowzies, how dare you, on a friday?!

hopefully I an also offend & keep the trend going

I hope Andrade smashes the 13yr old bar mitvah boy, something about em, "hey guys, look at me, I am Joanna Champion".. STFUUUU... but if Andrade can't do the job, hopefully that serial killer rose will :kiss:

:beer:
TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"

Image
Spoiler:
Image
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER / MONSOON - 4LIFE - :hand:

~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~
User avatar
Shuck
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ
 
Posts: 5268
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Swamp Forests of Dirty Jerzy

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby PBells » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Andrade definitely has a chance against Joanna Droppedbyjabs
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 36727
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Ohia - 'Murca
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 pm

bwawm wrote:I'm offended by you preemptively assuming I would be offended.

Heated.


Image


Spoiler:
Image
Image

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7902
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Smiggles trash talk has been awkward at times but I still think she wins via tko.
"Seek to be worth knowing rather than to be well known"

Image
User avatar
Lt Shiznitski
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3924
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm
Location: Carmel, IN

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby RedCrayolaCholo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm still going for JChamp. I think her performance against the Czech chick, was not indicative of her lack of skill, but, indicative of her switching camps. I think she will do better in this fight, and piece together a solid win.
Darklord wrote:McGregor is a proper C*NT.
RedCrayolaCholo
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:43 am
Location: Oak Cliff, Dallas, Tx (in that order)

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby jblaze » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Joanna is overrated but not Ronda Rousey overrated. She has heart but she can be taken down and she doesn't take a beating as well as she dishes it out.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby mmafan559 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Mr Meow wrote:If Andrade wins I believe its via rocking Joanna and slapping on a choke.

i could see this happening

androide is a lesbian and a wild striker and i favor a nice snappy jabs, combos, and push kicks to the face from joanna

although i am slightly offended

Image
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2700 likes on Sherdog.
Image
176.6
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8645
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby pithikos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:31 am

I agree with the kitty on this one. Andrade could win this. But I hope Joanna beats her I d like to see her fight Rose more than Rose vs Andrade
ImageImage
User avatar
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby Mummra » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:58 pm

PBells wrote:Andrade definitely has a chance against Joanna Droppedbyjabs



yup
User avatar
Mummra
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2916
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:25 am

Re: Sorry for offending everyone but.......

Postby JayKoz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Are we not giving Jessica Andrade enough of a chance against Joanna?

I am not saying everyone in particular, but mmalinker as a whole. We have been quite dismissive of Andrade's chances. A few linkers have actually said Andrade could win, Jtuck and mmafan559 in particular.

However it seems as if the majority of linkers simply expect Andrade to show Joanna nothing she hasn't seen before in route to another UD title defense

In my opinion I favor Joanna, but only slightly. Like I have said recently Joanna has been getting dropped/rocked from striking exchanges in her past few fights. Gadelha II and Karolina especially.

Andrade has the most power in her fists at straweight in the UFC in my opinion. She also has an excellent guillotine choke she uses incredibly well on a rocked opponent or when her opponent tried to get up too fast after being taken down.

If Andrade wins I believe its via rocking Joanna and slapping on a choke. Again I favor Joanna but only slightly. Andrade is a monster at straweight and has the ability to finish anyone anytime. Andrade has some wild swinging hooks which do give Joanna a chance to counter straight down the middle though

What are your thoughts linkers? Are we not giving Andrade enough of a chance? Or is this kitty blowing her chances of winning out of proportion??

Sorry for offending anyone with this :tup:



She definantly has a good chance to win, i wouldnt count her out all. Joanna seems to find a way though.

Edit: one thing i thought about was the pretty real possibility that Andrade could gas out, she carries alot of muscle and is a former 135 lber. We have seen Joanna go 5 rounds easily, that championship experience can be a big factor IMO.
Image
User avatar
JayKoz
White Belt
White Belt
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Next