3 questions about judo and heavy bag

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

3 questions about judo and heavy bag

Postby karatemuaythai » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Wasup everibody i trained muay thai for some time,but i left because i didnt think that as my tipe of figth so i decided to start judo,and i really love it,mostly because i do sparring With my teacher every training and he trains for 40 years,but my stand up training is getting Worst because i stoped training that,so i have a heavy bag and some pads and i Whanted to no 3 things

a-since i have the basics of muay thai,is possible to learn things by myself,by Watching tutorials and training my punches a lot

b-you think one day,2 hours of training,training kicks,elboWs,punches is god or it needs more time

c- What tipe of divison shoud i do,like training just kicks,and then punches and should i do like in a number like i have to do like 60 unches or just fresstyle

thanks everyone and health for your friends and famaly
Lyoto Machida: "Karate is back!"
GSP: "I’m very happy that I learned Karate when I was young."
Mike Ciesnolevicz: "Karate when taught the right way can be highly effective."

karatemuaythai
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: 3 questions about judo and heavy bag

Postby cman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 pm

a) Yes. It helps to have some sort of trainer or even a friend there to point out things that you are doing incorrectly. But you can just go by yourself if you have to, just try and remember to keep good form.

b)I would try and split it up. Do more half hour to an hour training sessions would be better I think.

c)This really depends on the person. I personally like just mixing it up on the heavy bag. Just letting it flow and come natural. But if you want to get better form and such I would recommend focusing on one area at a time.
cman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Blacklion144 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:51 am

What to do in a mma fight, fighting someone bigger than you? Im 15 years old and this is my 1st mma fight... Its nothing big at all but the guy im fighting is about 15 to 20 pounds bigger than i am and im kinda nervous.. What technique's should i use or tips can anyone give me?
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest ccna course exam and high quality Testking and testking mcdst demos. We provide updated usj.edu questions with principiacollege pass guarantee along with www.hood.edu training.
Blacklion144
White Belt
White Belt

Postby The Smurf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:17 am

Blacklion144 wrote:What to do in a mma fight, fighting someone bigger than you? Im 15 years old and this is my 1st mma fight... Its nothing big at all but the guy im fighting is about 15 to 20 pounds bigger than i am and im kinda nervous.. What technique's should i use or tips can anyone give me?

Try to be on your toes(who has the reach?are u taller?), dance around - stick and move and try to make him tired.. He will most likely try to bullrush you so he can control you and put you on the ground.. Use tip kicks to keep him away, be ready to sprawl.. Try to time your punches..dont throw everything in each strike cause it will tire u fast.. If u apply a combination and u know that the second or third strike is gonna find its target - try to throw it 'heavy'..

push kicks on the knee.. Try to take him down as soon as you hurt him and go for a quick submission.

Be concetrated, use the first seconds (of 'dancing') and try to spot weaknesses in his technique.. For instance - is he dropping his hands when he strikes? try to use the leaver kick - works well after a quick jab for me, and then u can follow it up with a big right hand..

Just make sure u dont let him grab hold of u the first seconds of the fight - and if he does try to sprawl or attempt a judo - hip throw if u can.. If he manages to take you down..use rubberguard - (youtube: Eddie bravo - rubberguard)

Also watch this sweet video - submission from frank mir (i find it the easiest way to submit someone that doesnt expect it):

Good luck dude....!!
The Smurf

Postby The Smurf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 am

karatemuaythai wrote:Wasup everibody i trained muay thai for some time,but i left because i didnt think that as my tipe of figth so i decided to start judo,and i really love it,mostly because i do sparring With my teacher every training and he trains for 40 years,but my stand up training is getting Worst because i stoped training that,so i have a heavy bag and some pads and i Whanted to no 3 things

a-since i have the basics of muay thai,is possible to learn things by myself,by Watching tutorials and training my punches a lot

b-you think one day,2 hours of training,training kicks,elboWs,punches is god or it needs more time

c- What tipe of divison shoud i do,like training just kicks,and then punches and should i do like in a number like i have to do like 60 unches or just fresstyle

Many champions have been self-taught.

ill just list 2: Rutten - ( Evan tanner - used Rutten's videos) and a bunch of succesful mma fighters that used Rutten's videos.

i Suggest u download volumes 1-8(if im not mistaken) with Rutten on striking - submissions and a video of his MMA workout.. which is a tough work out to finish - if u are out of shape(cant do it atm)

Little Evil (Pulver) has some nice boxing tips in his youtube videos
The Smurf

Postby Conn Cop » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:16 am

karatemuaythai wrote:Wasup everibody i trained muay thai for some time,but i left because i didnt think that as my tipe of figth so i decided to start judo,and i really love it,mostly because i do sparring With my teacher every training and he trains for 40 years,but my stand up training is getting Worst because i stoped training that,so i have a heavy bag and some pads and i Whanted to no 3 things

A) Yes practice the basics and get those down and you will be ok. There is an old saying "fear not the man that practiced 1000 kicks, but fear the man that practiced 1 kick 1,000 times". Perfect the basics and you will be better than most people out there. Movement is probably the most important thing.

B) Any time you can put in will help. I agree with who ever said more sessions but shorter would be ideal (four 30 minute ones) but if all you can spare is 2 hours on 1 day then do it.

C) I'd say training footwork and combos is the best option, but there is nothing wrong with karate type kata training to get your form perfected. I go through the basics of each strike in repetition as a warm up and then work combos and footwork as the main workout.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Conn Cop
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby philphan » Sat May 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Conn Cop wrote:

A) Yes practice the basics and get those down and you will be ok. There is an old saying "fear not the man that practiced 1000 kicks, but fear the man that practiced 1 kick 1,000 times". Perfect the basics and you will be better than most people out there. Movement is probably the most important thing.

B) Any time you can put in will help. I agree with who ever said more sessions but shorter would be ideal (four 30 minute ones) but if all you can spare is 2 hours on 1 day then do it.

C) I'd say training footwork and combos is the best option, but there is nothing wrong with karate type kata training to get your form perfected. I go through the basics of each strike in repetition as a warm up and then work combos and footwork as the main workout.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
July fighters- Robert Whittaker, Volkan Oezdemir, Kelvin Gastelum, Aljamain Sterling, Demian Maia
300-0 sig bet record
philphan
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)