Bisping Still Expects to Fight GSP; Says Knee Issues Co

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Bisping Still Expects to Fight GSP; Says Knee Issues Co

Postby PainDog » Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 pm

This shouldn't surprise anyone....

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Michael- ... nse-121575

Michael Bisping Still Expects to Fight GSP Next, Says Knee Issues Could Delay UFC Title Defense

While UFC President Dana White might have said that Yoel Romero is getting the next middleweight title shot, Michael Bisping is still under the impression that he’ll be fighting Georges St. Pierre.

“Honestly, it’s news to me. I haven’t heard anything about it. I reached out to Georges and he said he hasn’t heard anything officially either, and I still haven’t heard anything from the UFC or Dana White,” Bisping said on his ”Believe You Me” podcast. “I know that a lot of people are complaining about this potential delay with Georges, so we’ll see what happens.”

St. Pierre recently revealed that he would be ready to face Bisping any time after October. That, however, didn’t align with White’s initial desire to book “The Count” vs. GSP at UFC 213 on July 8.

“The thing was supposed to happen in July.

While White made that announcement through the media, the promotion has not confirmed a date for Bisping vs. Romero. In fact, Bisping claims that he hasn’t even been offered a fight against “The Soldier of God.”

“So yeah, to clarify, as of right now, no official word from the UFC. I haven’t heard anything and Georges is still hoping for it, I’m still hoping for it. I’ll say this, I was offered the (St. Pierre) fight twice,” Bisping said. “I was offered the fight in October and it never materialized. I was offered the fight in January or February and it did materialize and we had a press conference and we shook hands and we stood there in Las Vegas and we talked a bit of s--t. So OK, I haven’t had a bout agreement but that is the plan. That was the offer and I accepted and I kind of feel that once a deal is made, we should stick to it.”

Bisping recognizes that waiting until November is a significant delay for a booking that was initially announced in March, especially considering that he hasn’t defended his belt since last October. However, Bisping underwent minor knee surgery earlier this year and claims that he is still dealing with issues from that procedure. As a result, Bisping has backtracked from an earlier vow to defend his title against Romero if St. Pierre wasn’t ready by the summer. At the moment, it appears Bisping himself won’t be ready to return to the Octagon in the next few months, either.

“It’s (the delay) a blessing in disguise because I can’t fight anytime soon. I can’t exercise, I can’t train. My knee is giving me many, many problems,” Bisping said. “It was doing it in Thailand, it’s still getting no better. . . So long story short, what I’m getting at is I’m not going to be ready to fight anytime soon so again, that’s another reason why this plays into the perfect scenario for me.”

"His enemies are not demons,
but human beings like himself.
He doesn’t wish them personal harm.
Nor does he rejoice in victory.
How could he rejoice in victory
and delight in the slaughter of men?"

-Lao Tzu

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Re: Bisping Still Expects to Fight GSP; Says Knee Issues Co

Postby ryotostpierre » Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 am

Not a surprise to me but I 100% hope Dana realizes people's, including the fighters, response to both the fight being made and then called off and decides Romero v Bisping is the fight to go forward with period.

Send GSP back to 170 unless he wants Anderson or some other novelty fight at 185.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:02 am

Good for Bisping for standing his ground and giving himself the proper time needed for recovery. I, like the vast majority of other knowledgeable fight fans, would rather see the SUPERFIGHT between GSP and Bisping, rather than an injured Bisping fight a roused-out cheating SOB like Romero.

:P
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby tsarlaider » Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 am

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby SHIFTY » Thu May 18, 2017 8:35 am

I call BS Dana seems to be cracking down on this Diva shit. He's gonna fight the number 1 guy or no one at all.
ImageImage
SHIFTY
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby PBells » Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 am

Strip him

Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 am

SHIFTY wrote:I call BS Dana seems to be cracking down on this Diva shit. He's gonna fight the number 1 guy or no one at all.

U fuckin better right
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu May 18, 2017 10:35 am

tsarlaider wrote:Image

:lol: :lol:
Augusta save some for later

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 am

“We’re trying to put together that Bisping-Romero fight,” White said. “If [Bisping] can’t fight this summer, we’ll probably create an interim title between Romero and Robert Whittaker.”

GSP vs Bisping will happen. :tup:

For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby mmafan559 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 pm

another european unable to defend anything

nice

Spoiler:
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2700 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby Mr Meow » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 am

mmafan559 wrote:another european unable to defend anything
nice

Spoiler:

More like the UK champs. There does happen to be a European champ who defends the belt a lot......I forgot who it was......

Spoiler:

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby mmafan559 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:15 am

Mr Meow wrote:
nice

Spoiler:

More like the UK champs. There does happen to be a European champ who defends the belt a lot......I forgot who it was......

Spoiler:

i was talking about men

weak european men

joanna :heart: :dine: :pointright: :poop: :speakers:
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2700 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559

Postby Mr Meow » Sat May 20, 2017 12:19 am

mmafan559 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
nice

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

i was talking about men

weak european men

joanna :heart: :dine: :pointright: :poop: :speakers:

Sorry for offending you sorry sorry sorry

i hope this helps

Link to a free russian fight event tomorrow morning

https://www.fite.tv/watch/acb-61-balaev ... aev/2jovn/

Spoiler:
"war orphans" as you would say left and right :tup: :tup: :tup:

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor