A League May Fantasy Draft

Place your signature bets here and sign up to play MMA themed games. Please be respectful with all pictures and/or text.

Re: A League May Fantasy Draft

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm

philphan wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:My new pick is Peter Sobotta.

Show me the rules again!

B-ankmen
Tony Ferguson, Mark Godbeer, Demian Maia, Francisco Trinaldo, Pat Curran
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby willmma » Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
philphan wrote:

Show me the rules again!

BrdrOkm69 wrote:MOVING UP/DOWN LEAGUES, PRIZES, AND DRAFT ORDER:
To move up a league: place in the top 3 in your own league, and also score more points than a bottom 3 member in the league above you.
To move down a league: place in the bottom 3 of your own league, and also score less points than a top 3 member in the league below you.
The winner of the A league earns the right to pick their own draft number in the following month's A league draft, as well as the most coveted trophy on all of MMALinker, the Gina.

The draft is a snake style, meaning the draft order is as follows for each round:
Round 1: 1-10
Round 2: 10-1
Round 3: 1-10
Round 4: 10-1

If you get banned during any point of the draft, you're out.

PICK DEADLINES, SKIPPING, AND REPLACEMENT PICKS:
12 hours to make your pick after the guy before you makes his. You guys can check time stamps of posts to make sure 12 hours have gone by before skipping someone on your own. If any problems arise with skipping, PM me and I will post here to resolve whatever the issue is.

If you think you're going to miss a pick, or if you don't want to wait around for the Linker before you to make his pick, PM me a list of fighters you want to draft, in the order you'd want them. If your turn rolls around and you aren't online, I'll make the pick for you to keep the draft rolling. If neither of us are online, PMing me your pick before your deadline will reserve that fighter for you, so they can't be picked by the next Linker.

If you miss one pick, you get skipped, but can make 2 picks in the next round. If you miss two picks (doesn't matter if they're sequential or not), you have to wait til the end to pick from the leftover fighters. If you miss all of your picks, you're a fuckface and are not to be trusted, but you can still have some leftovers.

If you're the first or last person in a draft, and have two picks to make in a row, you get 12 hours for each pick. For example, if you miss the 12 hour window for your first pick, you have 12 more hours to make your second pick, plus the additional replacement pick. You don't get extra time to make a replacement pick, and have to make it within the 12 hour window the next time it's your turn to pick.

If one of your fighters pulls out of a fight due to injury or other reasons, you can pick a replacement fighter from the undrafted fighters list at the end of the draft. If you draft a fighter and their opponent pulls out, but your pick remains on a card in the same month, you're stuck with them regardless of who they're fighting.

TRADES:
Once the draft has finished completely, members will be able to trade their picks with those of other members. There is no trading out one of your fighters for an undrafted one. The trade deadline is the start of the first event; no trades will be allowed after the first event has officially started. No trading fighters across leagues!

SCORING:
WIN
(T)KO/Sub= 10
UD=8
MD= 6
SD= 3
Technical Decision= 2
DQ win= 1
Finish Round Bonus:
Finished in 1st= 3
2nd= 2
3rd-5th= 1

LOSS
(T)KO/Sub= -8
UD= -6
MD= -4
SD= -2
Technical Decision= -2
DQ= -1
Round Finished:
1st = -3
2nd= -2
3rd-5th= -1

Draw= 1 for both fighters
NC= 0 for both fighters

Bonus
FOTN/POTN = 3
Win a Title Fight= 5

TIEBREAKER CRITERIA:
A tie score at the end of the month won't mean much, unless moving up or down a league is on the line. In the event of a tie, the first three tiebreaker criteria are:

1. Fighters' record (if your fighters have a record of 3-1 and your opponent has fighters with a record of 2-2, you win the tiebreaker).
2. Number of finishes (if your fighters finished more than your opponent's fighters, you win the tiebreaker).
3. Fastest finishes (whoever's fighters secured the fastest finishes overall wins the tiebreaker).

If there's still somehow a tie after going through the first three criteria... we'll have to think of something else :-?
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 16, 2017 8:47 pm

willmma wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
philphan wrote:

Show me the rules again!

BrdrOkm69 wrote:MOVING UP/DOWN LEAGUES, PRIZES, AND DRAFT ORDER:
To move up a league: place in the top 3 in your own league, and also score more points than a bottom 3 member in the league above you.
To move down a league: place in the bottom 3 of your own league, and also score less points than a top 3 member in the league below you.
The winner of the A league earns the right to pick their own draft number in the following month's A league draft, as well as the most coveted trophy on all of MMALinker, the Gina.

The draft is a snake style, meaning the draft order is as follows for each round:
Round 1: 1-10
Round 2: 10-1
Round 3: 1-10
Round 4: 10-1

If you get banned during any point of the draft, you're out.

PICK DEADLINES, SKIPPING, AND REPLACEMENT PICKS:
12 hours to make your pick after the guy before you makes his. You guys can check time stamps of posts to make sure 12 hours have gone by before skipping someone on your own. If any problems arise with skipping, PM me and I will post here to resolve whatever the issue is.

If you think you're going to miss a pick, or if you don't want to wait around for the Linker before you to make his pick, PM me a list of fighters you want to draft, in the order you'd want them. If your turn rolls around and you aren't online, I'll make the pick for you to keep the draft rolling. If neither of us are online, PMing me your pick before your deadline will reserve that fighter for you, so they can't be picked by the next Linker.

If you miss one pick, you get skipped, but can make 2 picks in the next round. If you miss two picks (doesn't matter if they're sequential or not), you have to wait til the end to pick from the leftover fighters. If you miss all of your picks, you're a fuckface and are not to be trusted, but you can still have some leftovers.

If you're the first or last person in a draft, and have two picks to make in a row, you get 12 hours for each pick. For example, if you miss the 12 hour window for your first pick, you have 12 more hours to make your second pick, plus the additional replacement pick. You don't get extra time to make a replacement pick, and have to make it within the 12 hour window the next time it's your turn to pick.

If one of your fighters pulls out of a fight due to injury or other reasons, you can pick a replacement fighter from the undrafted fighters list at the end of the draft. If you draft a fighter and their opponent pulls out, but your pick remains on a card in the same month, you're stuck with them regardless of who they're fighting.

TRADES:
Once the draft has finished completely, members will be able to trade their picks with those of other members. There is no trading out one of your fighters for an undrafted one. The trade deadline is the start of the first event; no trades will be allowed after the first event has officially started. No trading fighters across leagues!

SCORING:
WIN
(T)KO/Sub= 10
UD=8
MD= 6
SD= 3
Technical Decision= 2
DQ win= 1
Finish Round Bonus:
Finished in 1st= 3
2nd= 2
3rd-5th= 1

LOSS
(T)KO/Sub= -8
UD= -6
MD= -4
SD= -2
Technical Decision= -2
DQ= -1
Round Finished:
1st = -3
2nd= -2
3rd-5th= -1

Draw= 1 for both fighters
NC= 0 for both fighters

Bonus
FOTN/POTN = 3
Win a Title Fight= 5

TIEBREAKER CRITERIA:
A tie score at the end of the month won't mean much, unless moving up or down a league is on the line. In the event of a tie, the first three tiebreaker criteria are:

1. Fighters' record (if your fighters have a record of 3-1 and your opponent has fighters with a record of 2-2, you win the tiebreaker).
2. Number of finishes (if your fighters finished more than your opponent's fighters, you win the tiebreaker).
3. Fastest finishes (whoever's fighters secured the fastest finishes overall wins the tiebreaker).

If there's still somehow a tie after going through the first three criteria... we'll have to think of something else :-?

Spoiler:
B-ankmen
Tony Ferguson, Mark Godbeer, Demian Maia, Francisco Trinaldo, Pat Curran
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Mairbek Taisumov has pulled out of his fight in Stockholm due to a knee injury. Joaquim Silva might remain on the card. SpeakEasy will need to pick a replacement
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed May 17, 2017 2:44 pm

PBells wrote:Mairbek Taisumov has pulled out of his fight in Stockholm due to a knee injury. Joaquim Silva might remain on the card. SpeakEasy will need to pick a replacement

:butthurt:

Poor Mairbeck. Everytime he is about to break out he ends up getting injured or has Visa issues.

Very frustrating.

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby JayKoz » Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 am

How many more injuries is there going to be this month
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Thu May 18, 2017 1:22 am

Fuck, think I lost out on quite a few points there.

I'll take Baby Slice via Coker potentially rigging the fight to make a name of Kimbos kid.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby JayKoz » Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 am

SpeakEasy wrote:Fuck, think I lost out on quite a few points there.

I'll take Baby Slice via Coker potentially rigging the fight to make a name of Kimbos kid.

Very strategic pick sir
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 am

Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:Mairbek Taisumov has pulled out of his fight in Stockholm due to a knee injury. Joaquim Silva might remain on the card. SpeakEasy will need to pick a replacement

:butthurt:

Poor Mairbeck. Everytime he is about to break out he ends up getting injured or has Visa issues.

Very frustrating.

Reza Madadi is replacing Taisumov from what i read

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby PBells » Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 am

Reza Madadi will be filling in for Taisumov. JayKoz still has a replacement pick to make. :angel:

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby JayKoz » Fri May 19, 2017 9:26 pm

PBells wrote:Reza Madadi will be filling in for Taisumov. JayKoz still has a replacement pick to make. :angel:

What the hell i didnt even notice another one of my picks got injured thats 2 now. Ill roll the dice and take paul daley
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby JayKoz » Fri May 19, 2017 10:35 pm

JayKoz wrote:
PBells wrote:Reza Madadi will be filling in for Taisumov. JayKoz still has a replacement pick to make. :angel:

What the hell i didnt even notice another one of my picks got injured thats 2 now. Ill roll the dice and take paul daley

Actually the fights already happened as of this post so that doesnt count does it? I havent looked at the results watching fights right now.
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby JayKoz » Fri May 19, 2017 10:40 pm

If that pick doesnt stand ill take joaquim silva.
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby PBells » Sat May 20, 2017 12:06 am

The event had already ended by the time you made your post so it was ineligible to pick from. Joaquim Silva it is!

And what happened was your replacement pick got injured himself. He and his opponent both, actually. Sucks that all three leagues completed their drafts and then injuries happen in the last few days...

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Postby JayKoz » Sat May 20, 2017 1:16 am

PBells wrote:The event had already ended by the time you made your post so it was ineligible to pick from. Joaquim Silva it is!

And what happened was your replacement pick got injured himself. He and his opponent both, actually. Sucks that all three leagues completed their drafts and then injuries happen in the last few days...

I dodged a bullet there paul daley got manhandled.
JayKoz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PreviousNext