Posting images not working lately

Suggestions, Comments, Complaints, and Questions

Posting images not working lately

Postby yoseph » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:44 am

Wtf happened over the last couple weeks? I usually search an image on google, view the image, and copy paste the url into the [img[/img tag. Recently its not letting me. Did they change some code? Is there a new trick? I want to post some sarcastic and smartass images and gifs but its not allowing me. Please help!
December C league:
Max Holloway
Dominic Reyes
Paul Felder
Edson Barboza
Mike Perry
3-6 in sigbets
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Posting images not working lately

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 am

yoseph wrote:Wtf happened over the last couple weeks? I usually search an image on google, view the image, and copy paste the url into the [img[/img tag. Recently its not letting me. Did they change some code? Is there a new trick? I want to post some sarcastic and smartass images and gifs but its not allowing me. Please help!

there is a limitation in the pixels... there should be a msg popping up, in red, explaining u why u cant post it..

check this. youtube.com/aijasidjasndjasnda

u press: gif, before 'youtube.com/aijasidjasndjasnda)

and u 'll get redirected to some page in which u can create any gif u like from that video(up to one hour long, for up to 10secs gif)

u are welcome.
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:44 am

EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby yoseph » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Nah its not the pixel size. Ive posted plenty of gifs and imgs, but over the last couple weeks my usual method does not work. I visot linker almost exclusively on my phone so i need to see if desktops have made the same changes..

Normally i search a video or image on google or follow the website link to find what im looking for. After finding an image i like, i hold down on the picture and tap "view image". This brings the image up in a new tab all by itself. Normally i could copy that url and paste it into the (img]image.expample[/img) and the .gif or .jpg will show as an image if its under our 400x400? Pixel limit.

(i know it has the [brackets] on both sides)

Lately when i try to "view the image" the url is different and sometimes sends me to the origin website or a special page of theirs. This is especially true with any gif from "giphy". I cant find the right url to link fron anywhere and its pissing me off :x

Thats for your help fragsmurfrilla. I need to play with that youtube gif conversion thing you showed in the other thread. Thats really cool you were able to show sections that are not normally giffed
December C league:
Max Holloway
Dominic Reyes
Paul Felder
Edson Barboza
Mike Perry
3-6 in sigbets
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:03 pm

yoseph wrote:Nah its not the pixel size. Ive posted plenty of gifs and imgs, but over the last couple weeks my usual method does not work. I visot linker almost exclusively on my phone so i need to see if desktops have made the same changes..

Normally i search a video or image on google or follow the website link to find what im looking for. After finding an image i like, i hold down on the picture and tap "view image". This brings the image up in a new tab all by itself. Normally i could copy that url and paste it into the (img]image.expample[/img) and the .gif or .jpg will show as an image if its under our 400x400? Pixel limit.

(i know it has the [brackets] on both sides)

Lately when i try to "view the image" the url is different and sometimes sends me to the origin website or a special page of theirs. This is especially true with any gif from "giphy". I cant find the right url to link fron anywhere and its pissing me off :x

Thats for your help fragsmurfrilla. I need to play with that youtube gif conversion thing you showed in the other thread. Thats really cool you were able to show sections that are not normally giffed

i think u need to right click on the gif image and press open in new tab.. then copy and paste the 'web address' of that thingie.
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt