Official NHL Discussion Thread

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:24 pm

So Connor McDavid got a massive contract of $100M over 8 years, the biggest contract ever.

And today Kyle Lowery of the Toronto Raptors, who is a very good player but does not compare in the NBA to Connor in the NHL, got a $100M contract over 3 years.

what gives!? Sucks how NHL is so poor compared to the NBA.
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby KOdestruction » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 pm

willmma wrote:So Connor McDavid got a massive contract of $100M over 8 years, the biggest contract ever.

And today Kyle Lowery of the Toronto Raptors, who is a very good player but does not compare in the NBA to Connor in the NHL, got a $100M contract over 3 years.

what gives!? Sucks how NHL is so poor compared to the NBA.

It's not just about the NHL being poor compared to the NBA. The NBA also has a soft cap, i'm pretty sure. IIRC, Teams who are over the cap just have to pay a luxury tax and are fine. If the NHL had the same system, you can bet teams like the Leafs, Habs, Rangers, etc. would be throwin ABSURD money at the McDavids, Crosbys, and Karlssons of the world. No doubt in my mind McDavid's contract would've been a Lowry-like ridiculous number.
"When i have sex, I'm always thinkin 'bout the pavement so i can avoid premature ejaculation"
KOdestruction

☺

Accolades: Survivor

Postby exsanguinator » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 pm

we doing another fantasy league this season?
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 am

exsanguinator wrote:we doing another fantasy league this season?

In.
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby BestWayKilla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 am

exsanguinator wrote:we doing another fantasy league this season?

That is an enthusiastic "yes", in case that wasn't clear.
THE ONE, LASCIVIOUS

ImageImage

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby J D » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:38 am

Draft is this Wednesday, 3pm
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D
The Axe Murderer

Accolades: 2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby BestWayKilla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:15 pm

J D wrote:Draft is this Wednesday, 3pm

Damn, had to be a weekday before 5:30? I'll be at work then. Suppose I could plug in a few players to try and make the auto-draft go more my way if we're married to that date.
THE ONE, LASCIVIOUS

ImageImage

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby exsanguinator » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Right in the middle of a workday bro. 3pm EST is no good.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 pm

3am for me.....

:butthurt:
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 pm

And send me the link for Linker Hockey please.

bruins2012

Postby J D » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 am

My bad. I forgot not everyone can be a degenerate and draft at work.

8pm Eastern Wednesday.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D
The Axe Murderer

I am Canadian

Postby J D » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:02 pm

bruins2012 wrote:And send me the link for Linker Hockey please.

emailed you through yahoo.

but here's the link just in case

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/66084
J D
The Axe Murderer

I am Canadian

Postby exsanguinator » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

J D wrote:My bad. I forgot not everyone can be a degenerate and draft at work.

8pm Eastern Wednesday.

Thanks.
exsanguinator

Postby KOdestruction » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Damn. I work late tomorrow and have plans afterwards :evil: Gonna add a couple guys to my list and hope Auto-Draft doesn't fuck my shit up too bad

...Unless you guys are okay with maybe moving it to the weekend? :P
"When i have sex, I'm always thinkin 'bout the pavement so i can avoid premature ejaculation"
KOdestruction

☺

Accolades: Survivor

Postby BestWayKilla » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 am

KOdestruction wrote:Damn. I work late tomorrow and have plans afterwards :evil: Gonna add a couple guys to my list and hope Auto-Draft doesn't fuck my shit up too bad

...Unless you guys are okay with maybe moving it to the weekend? :P

I'm not opposed.
THE ONE, LASCIVIOUS

ImageImage

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

PreviousNext