Old habits die hard Connor

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Old habits die hard Connor

Postby tudodude » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZV0hEA3OGc
Obviously he looks fine. Closer inspection, he does something I do which isn't good. After hitting a combo, he bounces back, not every time, and allows his front foot to almost meet with his back foot instead of a back foot lead real-fight style safe and fluid movement. With me it carried into sparring and decent boxers timed me. It comes from a MT background when feet skipping back like that can be useful so it's likely a stand up MMA characteristic. But a bad one against a good timing puncher. Just some thoughts.
When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly. Quran 47:4
tudodude
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Old habits die hard Connor

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 pm

tudodude wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZV0hEA3OGc
Obviously he looks fine. Closer inspection, he does something I do which isn't good. After hitting a combo, he bounces back, not every time, and allows his front foot to almost meet with his back foot instead of a back foot lead real-fight style safe and fluid movement. With me it carried into sparring and decent boxers timed me. It comes from a MT background when feet skipping back like that can be useful so it's likely a stand up MMA characteristic. But a bad one against a good timing puncher. Just some thoughts.

Interesting stuff. I'm surprised the boxing-tailored touch-butt didn't clean that up.

When Floyd hits the deck and cashes his check we'll revisit this for the rematch and trilogy fight :tup:
hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby spukler » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:47 am

They are probably not going even try to clean his bad habits he deloped during years and years of mma training. They are going to try take Mayweather out with force, and overhelm him with punches.
Remember, Bob Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost TWICE.
spukler
White Belt
White Belt

Postby tudodude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 pm

WOW, Sapp did best Hoost twice, I forgot about that but it's a fine example.
When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly. Quran 47:4
tudodude
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Conor is a good timing puncher tho no?
He does get into some really unorthodox places with his footwork and still lands hard punches which is very difficult to predict during a fight.
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby tudodude » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:47 pm

1098765432 wrote:

He does get into some really unorthodox places with his footwork and still lands hard punches which is very difficult to predict during a fight.

If floyd times that footwork error (which isn't as much of an error in other martial arts), con will be feet together taking a sharp punch, he could easily go down.
I got timed by a 4-0 pro........ 4-0 and he explained it was easy to see and easy to time too.
It is worth noting
tudodude
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby pithikos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

spukler wrote:They are probably not going even try to clean his bad habits he deloped during years and years of mma training. They are going to try take Mayweather out with force, and overhelm him with punches.

yeah but Sapp was a mountain of muscles back then, insanely strong and huge compared to Hoost and hadnt discovered yet that he can win money by quitting after the first glancing blow so he can fight the next week as well.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby spukler » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:40 am

pithikos wrote:
spukler wrote:They are probably not going even try to clean his bad habits he deloped during years and years of mma training. They are going to try take Mayweather out with force, and overhelm him with punches.

yeah but Sapp was a mountain of muscles back then, insanely strong and huge compared to Hoost and hadnt discovered yet that he can win money by quitting after the first glancing blow so he can fight the next week as well.

This is true. I'm not saying Conor is going to win, but this could be their tactic.
Damn Conor really looks slow compered to Floyd. I just watched all of his boxing footage, and man he has some serious flaws in his game.
Based on what I have seen, Floyd will win anyway he likes. Conor will leave openings that he himself doesn't realize. Floyd will not explote them right away, but in the later rounds.
My prediction; Floyd will start to tag him in the later rounds, Conor panics and to avoid getting knocked out, will shoot in for a takedown.
Floyd via rear naked choke! :biggrin:
spukler
White Belt
White Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:13 pm

spukler wrote:
pithikos wrote:

This is true. I'm not saying Conor is going to win, but this could be their tactic.
Damn Conor really looks slow compered to Floyd. I just watched all of his boxing footage, and man he has some serious flaws in his game.
Based on what I have seen, Floyd will win anyway he likes. Conor will leave openings that he himself doesn't realize. Floyd will not explote them right away, but in the later rounds.
My prediction; Floyd will start to tag him in the later rounds, Conor panics and to avoid getting knocked out, will shoot in for a takedown.
Floyd via rear naked choke! :biggrin:

That's crazy because I was just watching some footage and thinking that Conor actually looks faster than Floyd. :shock:
I don't see how you think he "really looks slow" I see just the opposite.Conor is fast as fuck especially his punching combos.His timing looks great too and of course he is a precision puncher incase anyone didn't already notice.
Floyd is gonna need to be fast and slick with the movement to keep from getting tagged.
Florian was just saying how Ghey could throw to the body but if he does that Conor will just time a head punch counter.Maybe much later in the fight if it goes that far either way.
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 pm

tudodude wrote:
1098765432 wrote:

If floyd times that footwork error (which isn't as much of an error in other martial arts), con will be feet together taking a sharp punch, he could easily go down.
I got timed by a 4-0 pro........ 4-0 and he explained it was easy to see and easy to time too.
It is worth noting

But it's not like Conor is gonna get there and just stand there to be hit man.Conor gets into those positions to attack and punch and set things up.You are no Conor believe me.
Floyd is great at what he does but Conor does so many things that are so difficult to prepare for.Floyd could very well time Conor but he also hasn't kod anyone in what ten years?
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Verne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Numbers, fancy a name and Avatar bet?
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Verne wrote:Numbers, fancy a name and Avatar bet?

Hmmm tempting.If anyone I'd like Mr Meow but if I bet both of ya and lose I'm gonna be taking it at both ends :P
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Never really been into the whole forum betting thing but I might try to put down some on the betting lines for Conor considering the odds.
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Verne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 pm

1098765432 wrote:Never really been into the whole forum betting thing but I might try to put down some on the betting lines for Conor considering the odds.

If the 49/1 is true I'm tempted to put a tenner down, on the chance he somehow manages it. If Meow doesn't take you up, give me a shout and let's do it.
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Verne wrote:
1098765432 wrote:Never really been into the whole forum betting thing but I might try to put down some on the betting lines for Conor considering the odds.

If the 49/1 is true I'm tempted to put a tenner down, on the chance he somehow manages it. If Meow doesn't take you up, give me a shout and let's do it.

Yep those are stupid odds.
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt