A Dustin Poirier in the rough

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: A Dustin Poirier in the rough

Postby 1098765432 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 am

dipset52 wrote:LOL

Dustin Poirer vs Nate Diaz

PLEASE.

Nate would spank him, and there would be no need to make it a 5 rounder because nate would finish him in under 3 rounds no doubt in my mind.

hook it up please :lolol:

Keep dreaming buddy Nate is retired until red panty night.
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:45 pm

1098765432 wrote:
dipset52 wrote:LOL

Dustin Poirer vs Nate Diaz

PLEASE.

Nate would spank him, and there would be no need to make it a 5 rounder because nate would finish him in under 3 rounds no doubt in my mind.

hook it up please :lolol:

Keep dreaming buddy Nate is retired until red panty night.

Nate barely fights anymore, so he isnt gaini g any experience, and he only wins half his fights. That's a pretty bias bold statement to say that he is so dominant despite the facts :p
asdfghjkl
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby PBells » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:02 pm

asdfghjkl wrote:he only wins half his fights.

30 total fights
19 wins
19 / 30 = 0.63333333333
63% winning percentage
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:50 pm

PBells wrote:
asdfghjkl wrote:he only wins half his fights.

30 total fights
19 wins
19 / 30 = 0.63333333333
63% winning percentage

OK ok you win literally, but ever since the ever dangerous elite fighter clay Guida and arguably the p4p goat Joe daddy Stevenson beat the brakes off nate he's gone 9/9 in the ufc so there's that :p
asdfghjkl
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby slevin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 pm

So, does no one want to talk about how awesome Dustin's performance was, and how he matches with the best of the division?
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 pm

slevin wrote:So, does no one want to talk about how awesome Dustin's performance was, and how he matches with the best of the division?

He did look good. Dustin is a talented guy.

Would like to see him fight a top 10 guy. Not top 5 yet however. Someone like Kevin Lee or Chiesa, potentially Iaquinta

Vick and Poirer I think would be great too.
Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies.

Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby slevin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
slevin wrote:So, does no one want to talk about how awesome Dustin's performance was, and how he matches with the best of the division?

Would like to see him fight a top 10 guy. Not top 5 yet however. Someone like Kevin Lee or Chiesa, potentially Iaquinta

I like him vs the winner of Eddie and Justin, he was whooping Eddie, before Eddie cheated. Barboza would be a good fight too,; why do you want to see him fight guys on the lower end of the totem poll? I like the Ia quinta fight, that would be war. Al gets touched a lot, I remember saying that when he fought Joe Lauzon. I kind of want Poirier to stay away from Vick, he seems to be a very underrated guy that could be top 10, but has not got the fights to prove that yet.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 pm

The winner of Gaethje/Alvarez would be interesting but I assume the winner of that fight would want someone higher ranked than Dustin. Iaquinta would definitely be a fun one.
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 pm

slevin wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

I like him vs the winner of Eddie and Justin, he was whooping Eddie, before Eddie cheated. Barboza would be a good fight too,; why do you want to see him fight guys on the lower end of the totem poll? I like the Ia quinta fight, that would be war. Al gets touched a lot, I remember saying that when he fought Joe Lauzon. I kind of want Poirier to stay away from Vick, he seems to be a very underrated guy that could be top 10, but has not got the fights to prove that yet.

Dustin seems to work well when he is fighting frequently and the top 5 guys are all booked up here. I would like to see Dustin get another fight here soon, potentially late January or February in the mean time.

Iaquinta is good but I agree he does seem to get touched up a lot in the boxing department. Dustin I think would beat him but that's a damn good fight. The grappling would be fun too.
Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies.

Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby themull » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 am

Mr Meow wrote:

Kevin Lee or Chiesa would be perfect and would make a great fight.

I still feel Dustin's stand up just isn't slick enough to get at the very top of the division.
themull
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby TaeKwonDolt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 am

Mr Meow wrote:

Poirier / Vick or Ragin' Al would be glorious.
TaeKwonDolt
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Mar. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Keep him busy.

He looked great in that fight (or letttis looked awful). He's so inconsistent though, he looks like a champ one fight and a middle of the pack guy in his next.

Book him another fight ASAP against whatever jambroni will take it. He's had lots of fights, no need to chase the top guys I think he can just stay active, win another fight or two and probably end up in a title fight.

It's pointed out in here that the top of the division is booked, just book him against bums then if that's all that is available. He'll become undeniable for a shot if he keeps it up.

Gaethje or Alvarez winner would be great two fights from now.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby willis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
slevin wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Dustin seems to work well when he is fighting frequently and the top 5 guys are all booked up here. I would like to see Dustin get another fight here soon, potentially late January or February in the mean time.

Iaquinta is good but I agree he does seem to get touched up a lot in the boxing department. Dustin I think would beat him but that's a damn good fight. The grappling would be fun too.

You two really think he looked that good? I'm with Mull in thinking he need some work but its not so much the boxing striking, but the boxing defense. He's always getting clipped with something. Don't get me wrong, he is a talented fighter but I really don't see him fairing that well against top10 competition unless he ups his game a little more. One thing that I'd love to see is Diamond set up his counters better. He has more power than he gets credit for and a solid counter game would definitely help his pressure game. I really like that he moved up and he looks a lot better at 155 but the Pettis fight wasnt his best showing. That being said, there is a lot for him to learn from that fight.
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:06 pm

He grew his hair out now he has come full circle. He is a dog now, needs to fight that big fucker who beat Duffy now.
A-lien Abductors Dome Crushers
Michael BisKing, Matt Brown, Anderson Silva, Sage Northcutt, Jorge Masvidal
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby slevin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

themull wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Kevin Lee or Chiesa would be perfect and would make a great fight.

I still feel Dustin's stand up just isn't slick enough to get at the very top of the division.

How is his stand up not slick enough? He out boxed Eddie who is top 5 and did well against Pettis. I think he would beat either of the guy you mentioned Lee would be tougher, but Dustin has showed improved wrestling.

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:Keep him busy.

He looked great in that fight (or letttis looked awful). He's so inconsistent though, he looks like a champ one fight and a middle of the pack guy in his next.

Book him another fight ASAP against whatever jambroni will take it. He's had lots of fights, no need to chase the top guys I think he can just stay active, win another fight or two and probably end up in a title fight.

It's pointed out in here that the top of the division is booked, just book him against bums then if that's all that is available. He'll become undeniable for a shot if he keeps it up.

Gaethje or Alvarez winner would be great two fights from now.

Most of the top LW's are going to fight in December, it isnt like he will have to wait 3 months or more. Hell Gaethje vs Alvarez is two weeks away. He was beating Eddie badly too, before Eddie committed a foul. I wonder how the Vick fight would play out; Vick did get ko'd by a bjj guy who is a southpaw. Dustin is a lot more dangerous than him, but Vick's last two opponents looked uncomfortable to stand with him.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

PreviousNext