RDA calls out Woodley

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

RDA calls out Woodley

Postby philphan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:44 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/rafael-dos-anj ... nds-on-air
Former UFC lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos has been nothing short of stellar since he moved up to the welterweight division. On Saturday night at UFC 215 in Edmonton, Dos Anjos won his second consecutive bout at 170 pounds. He submitted Neil Magny, a fighter believing he was on the cusp of a title shot, late in the first round. That followed a unanimous decision victory over former Strikeforce champion Tarec Saffiedine over the summer.

Dos Anjos’ primary reason for moving up in weight was to stop putting so much hardship on his body. Feeling like he was reducing the number of years he might have left on this Earth by putting his body through so much, Dos Anjos opted to fight at a more comfortable weight, and it is paying dividends.....

Can Woodley get any more hated?
I'm so fucking high.
ImageLinker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
September Fighters- Valentina Shevchenko, Zabit Magomedsharipov, Abdul-Kerim Edilov, Krzysztof Jotko
300-0 sig bet record
philphan
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Re: RDA calls out Woodley

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 pm

What a DA, why isn't he calling out a boxer?
B-enjamen
Alexander Volkov, Ilir Latifi, Uriah Hall, David Branch 
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 pm

That would be a really good fight. RDA may be too small to deal with Woodley's size and wrestling ability, idk. Not sure how good Woodley's sub defense is. RDA has better striking overall IMO. Woodley hits hard and has decent timing, so it's an Interesting fight for sure.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

To live and Die by the Sword
TheMadTitan
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:57 pm

TheMadTitan wrote:That would be a really good fight. RDA may be too small to deal with Woodley's size and wrestling ability, idk. Not sure how good Woodley's sub defense is. RDA has better striking overall IMO. Woodley hits hard and has decent timing, so it's an Interesting fight for sure.

Agreed, but the one thing is RDA would come after him. Woodless wouldn't be able to circle for 5 rounds and might have to actually fight. So it's a win for the fans either way.
I'm so fucking high.
ImageLinker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
September Fighters- Valentina Shevchenko, Zabit Magomedsharipov, Abdul-Kerim Edilov, Krzysztof Jotko
300-0 sig bet record
philphan

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Shaka Zulu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:00 pm

I find it kind of racist that after RDA beats up a black guy in his WW debut he wants another black guy. Why didn't he call a WWW?
ImageImage
Dan Henderson said-" FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby Shuck » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 pm

ez RDA, beating Tarec & Magney the most overrated ww in recent mem does not grant you a title shot, simma down boy.. match him up for Ponzi next, if he wins that one then maybe, depending on how the Masvidal vs Wonderbread goes
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :hand:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~
Shuck
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 pm

He should have to fight someone else before getting a shot anyone know who Woodley is fighting next.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 pm

philphan wrote:Dos Anjos’ primary reason for moving up in weight was to stop putting so much hardship on his body. Feeling like he was reducing the number of years he might have left on this Earth by putting his body through so much, Dos Anjos opted to fight at a more comfortable weight, and it is paying dividends.....

Hopefully more people start doing this.

hawdrigoh

Postby willis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Shaka Zulu wrote:I find it kind of racist that after RDA beats up a black guy in his WW debut he wants another black guy. Why didn't he call a WWW?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :gold:
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby slevin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:54 pm

TheMadTitan wrote:That would be a really good fight. RDA may be too small to deal with Woodley's size and wrestling ability, idk. Not sure how good Woodley's sub defense is. RDA has better striking overall IMO. Woodley hits hard and has decent timing, so it's an Interesting fight for sure.

I think that is the bottom line, is the size difference. That and the power and wrestling of Tyron. I think if RDA were bigger, he would have a better chance of winning. His style should be a bad match up for Tyron, Tyron puts his back against the cage, and struggles with ring cutters(e.g. Rory Macdoanld, and Nate Marquart).

Tyron dealt with kelvin well, and that is why I lean towards him. It may be a close decision victory for Tyron, and an exciting ww title fight.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby TheMadTitan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:20 am

slevin wrote:

I think that is the bottom line, is the size difference. That and the power and wrestling of Tyron. I think if RDA were bigger, he would have a better chance of winning. His style should be a bad match up for Tyron, Tyron puts his back against the cage, and struggles with ring cutters(e.g. Rory Macdoanld, and Nate Marquart).

Tyron dealt with kelvin well, and that is why I lean towards him. It may be a close decision victory for Tyron, and an exciting ww title fight.

If RDA can press forward and keep the fight on the feet, he's got him I think.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.

To live and Die by the Sword
TheMadTitan
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby KARHU-III » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am

Good call out he only has so many fights left in his career....
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:00 am

Remember when Conor was going to leapfrog the whole LW division to fight RDA? :lol: :lol: Now everyone is shitting on RDA, saying he needs another fight at WW before he gets a shot. Conor could come back right now and leap frog straight to Woodley b/c he is a needle pusher.
B-enjamen
Alexander Volkov, Ilir Latifi, Uriah Hall, David Branch 
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 am

jblaze wrote:He should have to fight someone else before getting a shot anyone know who Woodley is fighting next.

After GSP beats Bisping (or even if he doesn't) he'll be fight Woodley (to unify Woodley's interim belt) or GSP will be fighting Conor.

So Woodley vs GSP or Woodley vs Lawler is what I'm thinking.

:P
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby jblaze » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Yeah why isn't Dos Anjos trying to box GGG. No seriously I would like to see him call out Maia or Wonderboy or Masvidal. Beating Magny doesn't get you a title shot.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next