The Future of WMMA has arrived!

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

The Future of WMMA has arrived!

Postby Mohawk Jesus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Andrea "KGB" Lee

It really isn't too often that I jump to such conclusions after so few fights in MMA, but if you watch Andrea's fights you will see a girl with the total package. She only has 1 (or 2 depending on the source) pro MMA fights but she has an extensive amateur MMA, Muay Thai, kickboxing and boxing background. Her striking is nothing short of great. WMMA gets shit on a lot for sloppy striking by Lee does it all. Headmovement, combos, sick kicks, technique, power, angles and footwork. Her ground game is pretty decent too as she showed this weekend. She didn't just fall into submissions she set up two high level sub attempts an inverted triangle that she turned into a reverse neck crank and then a traditional neck crank from side mount. It was really good to see. She also has a background in power lifting and you can see this power in the cage.

I tuned into Invicta 9 to see a couple other girls but was blown away by Andrea Lee. Keep an eye on her.

Some of her credentials:

2 time Louisiana Golden Gloves Champ
2013 national golden gloves champ
2013 IKF World Classic Muay Thai FWT Champ
2014 WKA North American Muay Thai Champ
Naga Nationals BJJ and No Gi Gold Medalist
Naga World Championship Blue Belt No Gi Gold Medalist
2014 Europa Absolute No Gi BJJ Champ
Last edited by Mohawk Jesus on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMERTA
Remember, remember the 1st of December
Mohawk Jesus
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Re: The Future of WMMA has arrived!

Postby Junior Dos Santos » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:29 pm

What weight class is she?
"You gotta kill me in this mug"
ImageImage

2-0
JD-ICE - Elite 8 Tag Team Champs!!
Junior Dos Santos
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:32 pm

ronda rd 1. and even the brightest future of wmma would mean a dimly lit dying firefly, aching on its belly searching for a place to die.

i watched one episode of the new tuf last night. it was no no no nononononononoNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Hell of a pancake ass...

...I MEAN very tough fighter!!
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mohawk Jesus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Junior Dos Santos wrote:What weight class is she?

124 pounds. She has some serious skills. :tup:
OMERTA
Mohawk Jesus
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Dude i saw her fight just now, had business over the weekend. logged onto mmalinker and saw this thread

she looks really fucking good, her muy thai is a lot of fun to watch. her head movement and footwork left her opponent completely perplexed. she also just kicked her ass too as well

she for sure has the skills, as well as overall athleticism, to be a strong contender at 125. she is tall as well which could mean a transition to 135 later on in her career if the cut gets to large.

great prospect to keep an eye on
Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies.

Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Mohawk Jesus » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Dude i saw her fight just now, had business over the weekend. logged onto mmalinker and saw this thread

she looks really fucking good, her muy thai is a lot of fun to watch. her head movement and footwork left her opponent completely perplexed. she also just kicked her ass too as well

she for sure has the skills, as well as overall athleticism, to be a strong contender at 125. she is tall as well which could mean a transition to 135 later on in her career if the cut gets to large.

Awesome man, glad you got to check it out. I was thinking the same thing about 135lbs. She is young and might have to move up there at some point. This chick looks like she has it all though. I think she is still a blue belt, but moving on up.
OMERTA
Mohawk Jesus
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Mohawk Jesus wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:Dude i saw her fight just now, had business over the weekend. logged onto mmalinker and saw this thread

Awesome man, glad you got to check it out. I was thinking the same thing about 135lbs. She is young and might have to move up there at some point. This chick looks like she has it all though. I think she is still a blue belt, but moving on up.

i enjoy the invicta fights, usually very entertaining. i almost always discover a fighter or two to keep an eye on each event as well.

I loved her head movement in that fight when i think more about it, which is a necessary blending of styles for a thai based stand up attack in mma. a lot of times in thai fights its a lot of covering up and countering with only slight head movement. i also like how she pressed her up against the cage early in round 1 and landed two fucking hard 11-7 ish angled elbows right to her quad. dont see that a whole lot but its effective when done as hard as she did them.

i also thought jamie moyle looked really good on that card as well, she made her pro debut and whooped a very tough and talented jenny liu shriver. moyles muy thai also looked impressive as well, especially her clinch knees. shes only 19 as well so a prospect also.

meow

Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Mohawk Jesus » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Mr Meow wrote:i enjoy the invicta fights, usually very entertaining. i almost always discover a fighter or two to keep an eye on each event as well.

I loved her head movement in that fight when i think more about it, which is a necessary blending of styles for a thai based stand up attack in mma. a lot of times in thai fights its a lot of covering up and countering with only slight head movement. i also like how she pressed her up against the cage early in round 1 and landed two fucking hard 11-7 ish angled elbows right to her quad. dont see that a whole lot but its effective when done as hard as she did them.

i also thought jamie moyle looked really good on that card as well, she made her pro debut and whooped a very tough and talented jenny liu shriver. moyles muy thai also looked impressive as well, especially her clinch knees. shes only 19 as well so a prospect also.

meow

When I seen you replied I was going to come in and ask what you thought of Moyle. Those thai knees were freaking brutal. She has future UFC fighter written all over her. Very exciting. Many good fights for her.

I love Invicta. They are actually the only reason I have kept Fight Pass. So worth it.

My Polish girl Karolina did pretty dam good against a tough opponent.
OMERTA
Mohawk Jesus
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 pm

i was surprised how well karolina did against mizuki. not a knock on karolina at all of course. she looked really damn good though in what was an impressive co main event. she used her reach, combos, and aggression really well. especially considering she was throwing hard combos, her cardio held up well against an absolute cardio freak.

both girls will be back strong

moyle has ufc written all over her i agree. i think she could use another year and half or so fighting for invicta and training hard without the pressures of fighting in a thin division on the ufc level for a 19-20 year old girl. she looked really damn good though, talk about an impressive output of muy thai techniques. when she bridged on her neck to scramble during a grappling exchange, i about pooped myself, it was something you see in the 80's in professional wrestling. it was pretty darn unexpected and effective.

Mr Meow

Postby catmanikiller » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:34 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:ronda rd 1. and even the brightest future of wmma would mean a dimly lit dying firefly, aching on its belly searching for a place to die.

i watched one episode of the new tuf last night. it was no no no nononononononoNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, for the forseeable future Ronda is going to beat everyone. He judo bas is too good, and most women havent even come close to the depth of competition she has face in international judo.
catmanikiller
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby pithikos » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:16 am

125. The division the UFC should have as the first weight class. More girls. Most of UFC's 135 girls are more suited for 125 anyway. Is Ronda the women's Tito? Like him the division that came in was tailor suited for her. As was 145 for Carano and then Cyborg in Strikeforce. This girl shows promise. Even if she does well though to see her in the UFC she ll probably have to try cutting down to 115. UFC would never bring 125 weightclass because they ll run out of 135ers to feed Ronda. Even Zingano was fighting at 125 a few years back.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby Neebs » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:24 am

Still won't get me to watch it.
Neebs
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Conn Cop » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:23 am

Wow what a showing from Lee. Love the nickname too.

pithikos wrote:125. The division the UFC should have as the first weight class. More girls. Most of UFC's 135 girls are more suited for 125 anyway. Is Ronda the women's Tito? Like him the division that came in was tailor suited for her. As was 145 for Carano and then Cyborg in Strikeforce. This girl shows promise. Even if she does well though to see her in the UFC she ll probably have to try cutting down to 115. UFC would never bring 125 weightclass because they ll run out of 135ers to feed Ronda. Even Zingano was fighting at 125 a few years back.

I agree I doubt the UFC will ever have 125 because it would weaken both of their current divisions. I think Lee will one day fight at 135 though. She is a big girl, way too big for 115. She is taller than Ronda, Cat and Tate and they are some of the tallest 135lbers. Plus she is only 25 and has some room to grow.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Conn Cop
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby muythaijitsu » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:31 am

PsychoBells wrote:Hell of a pancake ass...

...I MEAN very tough fighter!!

:lol: pan cake ass. Although I didn't see her fight, and I don't know what she looks like, I would give her the benefit of the doubt... At least waffles.
muythaijitsu
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next