the McGregor game plan

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 am

TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Never gets old :lol: :moneybag:

Spoiler:
B-ankmen
Tony Ferguson, Mark Godbeer, Demian Maia, Francisco Trinaldo, Pat Curran
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby TaeKwonDolt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:15 am

RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:If you watch boxing then you see McDuck has a style, very similar to Wladamir Klitschko

It's cool kiddo. Over your head maybe? Keep up with the convo.

I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?
TKD's Harambe Hit Squad

Spoiler:
TBD
TaeKwonDolt
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Mar. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:17 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sig 0-1
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Lt Shiznitski wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
B-ankmen
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:lol:

That's all I got for now
Sig 0-1
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm

quote="Lt Shiznitski"]
DeceptaCon wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
/quote]
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:lol:

That's all I got for now

Spoiler:
B-ankmen
DeceptaCon

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Sig 0-1
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Lt Shiznitski wrote:Image

there aint gonna be no trilogy.. I dnt want no trilogy..
Former Openweight Linker 'Royce' Give away Champion of the World

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Nate is going to sacrifice Conor to the MMA gods :speakers: in the trilogy. He is dead son!
Spoiler:
B-ankmen
DeceptaCon

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:58 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Nate is going to sacrifice Conor to the MMA gods :speakers: in the trilogy. He is dead son!
Spoiler:

I think little Dana and Connie are too scared to set up a fight with Nate.

EvilGorilla69+1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

Spoiler:

I think little Dana and Connie are too scared to set up a fight with Nate.

Spoiler:
\

remember your dad, Conor.

EvilGorilla69+1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby RedCrayolaCholo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm

TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:If you watch boxing then you see McDuck has a style, very similar to Wladamir Klitschko

I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?

Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.
Darklord wrote:McGregor is a proper C*NT.
RedCrayolaCholo
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 pm

RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:Image

Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.

Spoiler:
Image :lol: :lol:
Sig 0-1
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby TaeKwonDolt » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 am

RedCrayolaCholo wrote:

Thanks for breaking that down man. I really appreciate you taking the time to formulate the basis for your point. Seriously, good stuff.

Alvarez came out to the media and basically stated he thinks McGregor can get it done inside 4 rounds, and not to sleep on that idea. I tend to think that Mayweather will outwork him by parrying and blocking anything he throws for the first 5-6 rounds and then just stick and move until the fight is over and walk with a UD.

Conor will obviously dispute the decision and state that boxing isn't a man's sport anymore, blah blah blah.

I love how this is becoming such a circus, but at the same time, I'm not sure what it proves other than crossing over to a new combat sport doesn't prove anything and that we all just paid $100 for an exhibition match.

I think I'd rather watch Sensei Segal and Fedor fight Sambo on an open floor mat. :lol:
TKD's Harambe Hit Squad

Spoiler:
TBD
TaeKwonDolt
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Mar. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor

Postby slevin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Spoiler:
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1