the McGregor game plan

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

the McGregor game plan

Postby willmma » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:42 am

McGregor is fooked. We all know that. He's up against a man who vanquished every opponent big and small, in that man's own domain and out of his element. Can you imagine Connor with no kicks?

If he has any more than zero chance, it's just a flukey puncher's chance.

Okay, those are the facts. You are a combat aficionado and It's up to you to come up with a game plan to help him win.


What is it?
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

Image
User avatar
willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5741
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby Bullgooseloony » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:16 am

Clinch, touch butt, circle out with a straight left.

Rinse, repeat :beer:

Floyd is fooked.
User avatar
Bullgooseloony
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 am
Accolades: Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby SpeakEasy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:23 am



Throw that left straight wide and slow and whip a hook to the back of Mayweathers shiny head as many times as needed.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
Image
obviously for a reason."
User avatar
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am
Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:50 am

SpeakEasy wrote:

Throw that left straight wide and slow and whip a hook to the back of Mayweathers shiny head as many times as needed.


also hooks to the body to the kidneys. basically cheat as much as you can.

Parry strikes by holding arms and then clinching.

i think conor can win, in the court of public opinion, by surviving 12 rounds and making floyd look bad. cheating and cheapshots will help to meet these ends.
User avatar
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7428
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm
Location: Watching Two Ed Hermans Go At It

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby SpeakEasy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:08 am

^you know fuck if I always forget kidney punches are illegal.
I've got great body hooks, especially my left, but it almost seems to alien to aim for the kidneys.
It just seems so odd, maybe because I think body shots are effective enough?
Anyways, rambles aside, I don't know if MCGREGOR can do anything Mayweather hasn't already dealt with but like you said, cheat, cheat and cheat.
He can try and get his cut man to sneak some monsel solution into the ring, maybe he'll sweat it onto Mayweather.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
Image
obviously for a reason."
User avatar
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am
Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby Bullgooseloony » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:31 am

SpeakEasy wrote:^you know fuck if I always forget kidney punches are illegal.
I've got great body hooks, especially my left, but it almost seems to alien to aim for the kidneys.
It just seems so odd, maybe because I think body shots are effective enough?
Anyways, rambles aside, I don't know if MCGREGOR can do anything Mayweather hasn't already dealt with but like you said, cheat, cheat and cheat.
He can try and get his cut man to sneak some monsel solution into the ring, maybe he'll sweat it onto Mayweather.

I didn't take into account rabbit punches even. But I expect a clinch heavy game which makes sense for the bigger inexperienced guy. Throw in an old white ref and some old white judges...Floyd is fucked.
User avatar
Bullgooseloony
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 am
Accolades: Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 am

Did you see how calm Vinny was throughout the hype show with Schaub? Vinny knows that McGiat has no chance of beating Floyd. Zero.
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 15870
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:28 am

I read somewhere that Conor is gonna implement a Karate stance..


Something like Tyson Furry vs Klitchko, is what popped in my head when I read it..


Should be a clever approach if he does that. hands down.. wide stance.. unpredictable swinging from weird angles.
Former Openweight Linker 'Royce' Give away Champion of the World



Barmitzvah-Frag Got Kissed by a Rose :kiss:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
User avatar
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:38 am

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby mmafan559 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 am

cash the fucking check lol there is no other plan
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
Image
176.6
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby yoseph » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:I read somewhere that Conor is gonna implement a Karate stance..


Something like Tyson Furry vs Klitchko, is what popped in my head when I read it..


Should be a clever approach if he does that. hands down.. wide stance.. unpredictable swinging from weird angles.

Besides using unpredictable strikes, he needs clinch as much as possible early in. Grapplers have great cardio because someone leaning on you takes a shit load of cardio away. Floyd is 40 and theres no way his cardio is going to be some crazy level shit. Conor trains for 25 minutes of constant swinging haymakers and grappling. Floyd trains for 36 minutes of side stepping and occasional jabs in 3 minute increments.

Conors key to winning is lean on Floyd for the first 3-4 rounds and landing hooks to the body and head. After floyd slows down a lil throw straight lefts between his tired arms. Make money work and he is Fooked
Shaka on Cain Valasquez:
Shaka Zulu wrote: This nigga don't speak Spanish hell he needs an interpreter just to order some Taco Bell.
...
If I was Dana I would've made Werdum be your interpreter for your in octagon loser speech.

November league:
Cody Garbrandt
Michael Bisping
Fabricio Werdum
Tim Means
Kelvin Gastellum
3-6 in sigbets
User avatar
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: 209
Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Bullgooseloony wrote:Clinch, touch butt, circle out with a straight left.

Rinse, repeat :beer:

Floyd is fooked.


:lol: :lol:
Sig 0-1
Image
User avatar
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm
Location: Carmel, IN

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby SpeakEasy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:13 pm

yoseph wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:I read somewhere that Conor is gonna implement a Karate stance..


Something like Tyson Furry vs Klitchko, is what popped in my head when I read it..


Should be a clever approach if he does that. hands down.. wide stance.. unpredictable swinging from weird angles.

Besides using unpredictable strikes, he needs clinch as much as possible early in. Grapplers have great cardio because someone leaning on you takes a shit load of cardio away. Floyd is 40 and theres no way his cardio is going to be some crazy level shit. Conor trains for 25 minutes of constant swinging haymakers and grappling. Floyd trains for 36 minutes of side stepping and occasional jabs in 3 minute increments.

Conors key to winning is lean on Floyd for the first 3-4 rounds and landing hooks to the body and head. After floyd slows down a lil throw straight lefts between his tired arms. Make money work and he is Fooked


Image

The stance idea is interesting, karate stance should utilize his reach to the fullest but the cardio/clinch thing is HILARIOUS.
I trained at Revolution MMA, they also had a boxing club called Windy City, I did MMA but mostly focused on boxing.
The way a boxer clinches compared to an MMA fighter is a different world and having grip with MMA gloves compared to real boxing gloves is completely different as well.
That said, regardless, Mayweather can outwork MCGREGOR in a boxing clinch because he knows the game, that's why I don't think Connor can try and do anything but straight up two hands back of the head, short elbow or whatever he can before the ref gets there, if he tries to manipulate the rules of a game he's never played it won't work for him.
It's the square circle of truth inside there and we will see but to think Mayweather won't have the cardio makes me wonder if you've ever watched either man fight.
Were taking about a guy who openly admitted he has utilized his energy inefficiently inside a fight a before and we have Mayweather who's never taken a fucking deep breath through his mouth during a fight.
Cardio goes to Floyd, a hundred times over and will until they're 50-60, because when you do roadwork like boxers do every single fucking day of your life and you throw combinations the way a boxer does with those gloves on everyday of your life then it's just muscle memory to a point.
Connor has reach and size and maybe just maybe speed because that fades fastest but to think he could ever outlast May is crazy, may has fought Connors career fight length three times over.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
Image
obviously for a reason."
User avatar
SpeakEasy
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am
Accolades: Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby mmafan559 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:43 pm

you do fucking realize if conner leans on floyd that floyd will beat his body up?

do you not think that there is a boxing counter to a fighter who leans on someone?

this isn't a fucking game of checkers

this is chess
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
Image
176.6
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:49 pm

mmafan559 wrote:you do fucking realize if conner leans on floyd that floyd will beat his body up?

do you not think that there is a boxing counter to a fighter who leans on someone?

this isn't a fucking game of checkers

this is chess


I thought we are playing Yahtzee?
Sig 0-1
Image
User avatar
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm
Location: Carmel, IN

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby mmafan559 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Lt Shiznitski wrote:
mmafan559 wrote:you do fucking realize if conner leans on floyd that floyd will beat his body up?

do you not think that there is a boxing counter to a fighter who leans on someone?

this isn't a fucking game of checkers

this is chess


I thought we are playing Yahtzee?

Image
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
Image
176.6
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8891
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Next