The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Frederick Douglas.

It's bad enough Trump had to read off a card for that tiny speech but to have no idea who the person he is talking about is yet another blunder to add to the many, many, many others that he has already had during his very brief time as president.

:lol:
Last edited by bruins2012 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby kusok » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 pm

PBells wrote:
kusok wrote:The answer is no, since you presented no evidence of your claims. AND you're not addressing the actual topic, instead focusing on ad hominem. Sad.

Questions =/= claims. I had read those things about whoever this guy is and was just wanting to confirm. Your dodging and compulsion to change the subject leads me to believe those things are true.

False again.

Check the stuff you heard before you post it.

willmma wrote:
kusok wrote:
willmma wrote:
The way Kusok tells it, protesters shouted that guy down. why is trump threatening UC Berkeley?

False.

Listen I'm just going by what you said. You said " Protesters with Soviet flags stopped the event", I just paraphrased because I didn't remember the exact wording. The real point which you are dodging is "why is trump threatening UC Berkeley?"

protesters shouting someone down =/= violent riots

Because campus police and administration should have taken various actions to prevent and stop the violence. But did not. Not a single arrest, no expulsions etc.
kusok
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby PBells » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:18 pm

kusok wrote:False again.

Questions are allowed to be asked. Why so defensive about this Miles Yannimetropolis guy?
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:40 pm

To bring reality back into this.

Nobody should be listening to Milo like he knows anything

and nobody should be tearing shit up cause Milo is talking
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:44 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:To bring reality back into this.

Very sensible. Obviously the special snowflakes are in the wrong but this Milo guys seems like a huge troll so fuck him too. :angel:

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 pm

PBells wrote:

Very sensible. Obviously the special snowflakes are in the wrong but this Milo guys seems like a huge troll so fuck him too. :angel:

imagine hearing something sensible in this thread. Some people in the Ivy league were gifted entrance while others worked really hard to get there.

I dont like to paint entire communities with broad strokes. There are incredibly smart hillibillies. My cousin for one is a hillybilly till he dies and a network securities genius for sisco. I knew a guy who got into Brown and he was a professional idiot but paid someone to take the test.

I also know that many of those students in the Ivy league worked way harder than i did in highschool.

I just realized my dad got into harvard from Uni Kentucky and my dad was dirt poor his entire childhood.

I think what I am trying to say is that i disagree with calling people liberal or conservative the way most people use it.

The way those terms are used are so loaded that its probably not worth using them.
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Berkeley: 'Masked agitators' sparked violence before Milo Yiannopoulos talk

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-y ... -berkeley/

“The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the “agentur” of the “Illuminati” between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.”

-Albert Pike August 15, 1871

Spoiler:
B-enjamen
Alexander Volkov, Ilir Latifi, Uriah Hall, David Branch 
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby kusok » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Trump effect. Samsung considers building a factory in US:

https://www.axios.com/trump-effect-samsung-may-build-u-s-factory-2233101986.html
kusok

Postby PBells » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:35 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:I think what I am trying to say is that i disagree with calling people liberal or conservative the way most people use it.

The way those terms are used are so loaded that its probably not worth using them.

Definitely short-sighted and ignorant, IMO. But then again people these days need simple enemies who all conform to the exact same "values" and all have the same motivations.

I like to debate and post about people rather than vague ideological groups.

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 pm

kusok wrote:Trump effect. Samsung considers building a factory in US:

https://www.axios.com/trump-effect-samsung-may-build-u-s-factory-2233101986.html

I am very happy that trump has scared companies into keeping jobs in the us.

I would hope for some sort of legislative means instead of just force of personality.
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:08 pm

PBells wrote:
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:I think what I am trying to say is that i disagree with calling people liberal or conservative the way most people use it.

Definitely short-sighted and ignorant, IMO. But then again people these days need simple enemies who all conform to the exact same "values" and all have the same motivations.

I like to debate and post about people rather than vague ideological groups.

i agree.
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby kusok » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:25 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:
kusok wrote:Trump effect. Samsung considers building a factory in US:

I am very happy that trump has scared companies into keeping jobs in the us.

I would hope for some sort of legislative means instead of just force of personality.

To legislate = to make law. The executive made a law that there will be tax much like in other countries if they try to make stuff elsewhere and bring it here, and law that there will be less regulation laws and tax laws to deal with if stuff is made here. It's not like Trump just used his Apprentice mean look from a TV show and they decided to stay here. These companies specifically cite laws that will now make it easier for them to make stuff in US. CEO of Ford specified that friendly Trump's legislatures were taken into consideration when decision was made to make cars in US.
kusok

Postby kusok » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Reality is that he is well spoken and does great job in interviews while making interesting and good points. You haven't disproven anything he said.
kusok

Postby kusok » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:29 pm

PBells wrote:
kusok wrote:False again.

Questions are allowed to be asked. Why so defensive about this Miles Yannimetropolis guy?

Your first reaction was to try to discredit and negatively question the speaker (ad hominem), not to address the scum that stopped a gay immigrant jew from expressing his freedom of speech.
kusok

Postby willmma » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Apparently Trump strained US relations with ally Australia.
well done. :tup: :poop:
---

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN15H09T

U.S. ties with staunch ally Australia turned strained on Thursday after reports of an acrimonious phone call between the two leaders emerged and U.S. President Donald Trump said a deal between the two nations on refugees was "dumb."

Trump and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull spoke for about 25 minutes on Saturday, but the call ended abruptly after Trump panned a bilateral resettlement deal on refugees, the Washington Post reported. Trump accused Australia of trying to export the "next Boston bombers" and said the call was the worst he had had with world leaders thus far, according to the newspaper.

The Post, citing unidentified senior U.S. officials, was first to report details of the weekend call, which came at the end of day of widespread protests and confusion over Trump's order for a 120-day halt of the U.S. refugee program and a 90-day suspension on visits from people from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

The apparent breakdown between Washington and Canberra that has developed over the resettlement deal could have serious repercussions. Australia and the United States are among the five nations that make up the Five Eyes group, the world's leading intelligence-sharing network.

Under the Australia deal set with former President Barack Obama last year, the United States agreed to resettle up to 1,250 asylum seekers held in offshore processing camps on Pacific islands in Papua New Guinea and Nauru. In return, Australia would resettle refugees from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
GSP > Anderson Silva (DD Bacon 8 )

willmma
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

PreviousNext