This Kid is a Monster

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby Mohawk Jesus » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Nice looks to have all the typical soviet bloc skills big take downs, nice subs and "sloppy" looking striking. I remember for years people said Fedor had sloppy striking until they found out that is just how you throw punches in Sambo and boy does it work.
OMERTA
Image
Remember, remember the 1st of December
User avatar
Mohawk Jesus
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3063
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 am

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:55 pm

An update on Saygid. He fought last Saturday morning. Here is that fight.






Spoiler:
An unfortunate result. ONE Championship changed the soccer kick rules only 1 or 2 events before this. Otherwise what he did would have been a legal KO victory. Hopefully ONE books him again soon as he took no damage. I thought Saygid looked really good this fight against someone who was 19-11 and this does nothing to take away from his potential. It sucks it goes down as a loss on his record though
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team: Demetrious Johnson, Tom Du Quiznos, Tim Elliot, Devin Clark Griswold.
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7127
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby stvgabriel » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Mr Meow wrote:An update on Saygid. He fought last Saturday morning. Here is that fight.






Spoiler:
An unfortunate result. ONE Championship changed the soccer kick rules only 1 or 2 events before this. Otherwise what he did would have been a legal KO victory. Hopefully ONE books him again soon as he took no damage. I thought Saygid looked really good this fight against someone who was 19-11 and this does nothing to take away from his potential. It sucks it goes down as a loss on his record though

Losing the fight by kicking the crap out of someone doesn't sound too bad, though.
Image

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
User avatar
stvgabriel
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: outside hugging rocks
Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:03 pm

stvgabriel wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:An update on Saygid. He fought last Saturday morning. Here is that fight.






Spoiler:
An unfortunate result. ONE Championship changed the soccer kick rules only 1 or 2 events before this. Otherwise what he did would have been a legal KO victory. Hopefully ONE books him again soon as he took no damage. I thought Saygid looked really good this fight against someone who was 19-11 and this does nothing to take away from his potential. It sucks it goes down as a loss on his record though

Losing the fight by kicking the crap out of someone doesn't sound too bad, though.


:lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
Well said mr sir. it was a hell of a soccer kick too, they had to stretcher the poor dude out after. His counter grappling is quite impressive. Especially the way he was defending a single leg and punching threw his own leg blindly but hitting the dude in the face still. Impressive.
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team: Demetrious Johnson, Tom Du Quiznos, Tim Elliot, Devin Clark Griswold.
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7127
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby The Smurf » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:36 pm

nice effective use of spoiler.ONEFC is moving backwards with this new rule.
Image

Image


Openweight Linker Giveaway Champion of the World.
User avatar
The Smurf
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:48 pm
Accolades: Survivor

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:33 pm

The Smurf wrote:nice effective use of spoiler.ONEFC is moving backwards with this new rule.


Yeah ONE signed a big deal with Fox Sports for overseas broadcasting deals. The very next event there was a particularly brutal soccer kick****. Fox Sports wrote an article about how dangerous the technique was. It was banned within a week. They never released that was why they banned it but we can all put two and two together.

They still have yellow cards, knees to the downed opponent's head and judging the fight as a whole and not round by round. Plus a system where nobody cuts weight and they fight people their own size. So really there are still a lot of things ONE does that I prefer over most organizations.


**** here is a link to the soccer kick i refer to

Spoiler:
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team: Demetrious Johnson, Tom Du Quiznos, Tim Elliot, Devin Clark Griswold.
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7127
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Spoiler:
Man that's a rough way to lose a fight you're clearly winning. It looked like the kick was blocked, I'm not sure how flush it landed but maybe I can't see it clearly.
Image
User avatar
hawdrigoh
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10714
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:29 am

God I love watching One!
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 14611
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:39 am

hawdrigoh wrote:
Spoiler:
Man that's a rough way to lose a fight you're clearly winning. It looked like the kick was blocked, I'm not sure how flush it landed but maybe I can't see it clearly.


Spoiler:
Yeah I did not even see that until you mentioned it. Good eye mr sir. After watching it again it looks like the shin hit the dudes forearms guard and the foot wrapped around and glanced off his head.
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team: Demetrious Johnson, Tom Du Quiznos, Tim Elliot, Devin Clark Griswold.
User avatar
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7127
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby tsarlaider » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 am

Those short left hooks pack some serious power. Dude seems legit

Good catch like always Mr Meow

Too bad for the last fight. He was gonna TKO his opponent anyway...


Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
User avatar
tsarlaider
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm
Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Re: This Kid is a Monster

Postby The Smurf » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:01 am

Mr Meow wrote:
The Smurf wrote:nice effective use of spoiler.ONEFC is moving backwards with this new rule.


Yeah ONE signed a big deal with Fox Sports for overseas broadcasting deals. The very next event there was a particularly brutal soccer kick****. Fox Sports wrote an article about how dangerous the technique was. It was banned within a week. They never released that was why they banned it but we can all put two and two together.

They still have yellow cards, knees to the downed opponent's head and judging the fight as a whole and not round by round. Plus a system where nobody cuts weight and they fight people their own size. So really there are still a lot of things ONE does that I prefer over most organizations.


**** here is a link to the soccer kick i refer to

Spoiler:



iv seen this fight before but i want familiar with the history behind it


niiice..
Image

Image


Openweight Linker Giveaway Champion of the World.
User avatar
The Smurf
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:48 pm
Accolades: Survivor

Previous