Times that you felt 'betrayed' from a fighter

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Times that you felt 'betrayed' from a fighter

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm

The fondest memory I've got of fighters letting me down is when Anderson Silva insisted that he wanted to fight Cormier in a 3 round fight and not for the belt. It infuriated me. Then they proceeded with basically demonstrating what a hard sparring session looks like.

Thanks Ando.

2) Barnett getting popped and not fighting Fedor

3) Jones getting popped

4)Jones getting popped

5)Jones getting popped

What about you linker..?

Which fighter messed with your 'chi' the most and when?
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Times that you felt 'betrayed' from a fighter

Postby philphan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 pm

When Shogun came over from Pride I had been telling all my kids at school how great he was. I assured them that he would smash Forest and show everyone he was ready to take over the UFC. It was a real bummer when he lost and I had to come to school on Monday and tell them he got finished by forest. I know it happens, but I was really bummed. :oops:

Way down the list and more recently I took Luck with my number one pick in fantasy draft. Then he got knocked the fuck out by Bisping of all people. It made me hate Luck and kinda like Bisping. :fu: :skullhappy:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
January Fighters-Francis Ngannou, Derek Brunson, Thomas Almeida, Matt Frevola

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:43 pm

When Condit ran from Nick and BJ for never dropping to FW to go for his 3rd belt.
A-ssburgers
Francis Ngannou, Volkan Oezdemir, Bobby Green, Jeremy Stephens
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby PBells » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Any fighter that has caused me to lose a bet
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby stvgabriel » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Hendricks for turning into Pigrig

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2017 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby yoseph » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:When Condit ran from Nick and BJ for never dropping to FW to go for his 3rd belt.

Right there with you man. I was expecting a war and it was more of a stalemate with condit low kicking and not engaging in any combos.

Also fedor post werdum. I think that was the first time watching him in real time with huge expectations. Ever since i keep getting hyped and disappointed by the shell of a fighter ive seen destroy so many people in videos. Hopefully he doesnt betray us in the tourney
January B league:
Volkan Oezdemir
Niko Price
Justine Kish
Khonry Gracie
3-6 in sigbets, 2-0 name bets
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby OuchThatDidntHurt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:The fondest memory I've got of fighters letting me down is when Anderson Silva insisted that he wanted to fight Cormier in a 3 round fight and not for the belt. It infuriated me. Then they proceeded with basically demonstrating what a hard sparring session looks like.

Thanks Ando.

2) Barnett getting popped and not fighting Fedor

3) Jones getting popped

4)Jones getting popped

5)Jones getting popped

What about you linker..?

Which fighter messed with your 'chi' the most and when?

Barnett getting popped and not fighting Fedor sucked because it essentially caused Affliction to fold. At the time I felt Affliction was starting to look promising. It might have turned to :poop: eventually, but Barnett popping when he did killed them off. Had the event been outside of the states, it might not have been an issue.

The Kalib Starnes fight against Nate Quarry where Kalib back pedalled at full speed for most of the fight was a moment where I thought "What the heck am I watching here?". The guy had his reasons for doing it, but that fight was unusual to say the least.
OuchThatDidntHurt
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm

stvgabriel wrote:Hendricks for turning into Pigrig
:-(

DeceptaCon wrote:When Condit ran from Nick.

That sucked, had a little party that night and was telling people who didn't watch mma how great these guys were to watch and how great it was going to be. That fight sucked a whole bag of dicks and I think turned people there that night off forever.

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
3) Jones getting popped

4)Jones getting popped

5)Jones getting popped

That sonuvabitch!

All of these are great. Mendes pissing hot. Machida pissing hot. Anderson pissing hot. Those all sucked.

Bigfoot ko-ing overeem was the exact opposite of breaking my heart
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby asdfghjkl » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Anderson Silva for clowning instead of fighting. Karma mutha fucka...karma.
asdfghjkl
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Ineblah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Feel like no one mentions it but when ken-flo pulled a condit against roger Huerta. And took what should have been a fun awesome fight into a snooze fest
Sig Record 6-6
Fav Fighters, Wandy,Shogun,Diaz Bros,Gomi,BJ Penn
Ineblah
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Anthony Johnson for retiring then just showing up for
the cheque in the cormier rematch.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby JTuck34 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Hendricks winning was such a huge thing for Arlington which is my hometown. He was literally training 10 minutes away from me at the time at a gym that I knew well. It was an offshoot of a gym that I used to train kickboxing at. The guy really made a name for the place with his title win and I heard that his presence had drawn top talent into the gym for really the first time ever, so much to the point where I had briefly considered getting back into training kickboxing on a more regular basis just because I knew there would be some straight killers in there on any given day.

It didn't take long for that shit to die on the vine though. That fucker went from champion of the world to not even being able to make weight at fucking MIDDLEWEIGHT and most recently losing 5 out of his past 6.

It's even more frustrating because the word coming from his camp is that it is just straight up lack of professionalism. I've heard stories about him being a few weeks out from a fight and in the middle of a weight cut and his teammates and coaches would find like 4 crumpled up fast food bags stuffed under the seats of his car and in his locker. Fucking pathetic man. How he can have so much heart in a cage fight and can't even conquer his own eating habits is just completely baffling to me.

I would have loved to find a hometown guy like that to root for and get behind, but I mean seriously how can anyone back him? It's a real bummer. I feel most betrayed by Hendricks and I don't really see how anyone else could take his place for that special sort of betrayal I felt. He is a fat fucking punch line now. Listening to him talk is just like nails on a chalkboard.

/rant
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby JonJones » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 am

Recently I felt quite betrayed by Misha Circunov. We used to go to the same highschool and we'd hit the weighroom together so iv been a fan since his first fight.
His last fight was so upsetting.

He was lighting up Glover on the feet and instantly folded over as soon as it hit the mat. Literally looked like he gave up. so disappointed.
JonJones
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby PainDog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 am

Shogun getting choked by Chael

Akiyama getting subbed by Leben was also pretty bad
The Menacing Gaze of Bai Ali Shaipov

Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby anton14 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 am

Gegard Mousasi

For leaving the UFC when he was on the brink of becoming a rightfully deserved champ

Spoiler:
JK

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
An inconsistent overrated bum
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
anton14
Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion
Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: July 2016 & October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor (2017 Round 2)

Next