UFC has till Friday to resign Moose

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: UFC has till Friday to resign Moose

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:noone seems to mention it but the main reason for Mousasi not being so popular in the US, is,two fights.

1)Strikeforce bout against Jardine. (poor performance for Mousasi - many casuals saw him for the first time)

2)Latifi bout.. It's like come on.. Latifi, ffs... He had to take both of these bums out, within 4 minutes.

Moose landed like 150 some strikes on Jardine. Even with a BS point deduction Moose got robbed of a clear W

The Latifi fight Moose had a blown out knee he fought through, dude was willing to fight Gus on the same blown out knee as that was the original fight.

Moose is the man. :cig:

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:noone seems to mention it but the main reason for Mousasi not being so popular in the US, is,two fights.

1)Strikeforce bout against Jardine. (poor performance for Mousasi - many casuals saw him for the first time)

2)Latifi bout.. It's like come on.. Latifi, ffs... He had to take both of these bums out, within 4 minutes.

Moose landed like 150 some strikes on Jardine. Even with a BS point deduction Moose got robbed of a clear W

The Latifi fight Moose had a blown out knee he fought through, dude was willing to fight Gus on the same blown out knee as that was the original fight.

i aint saying that he aint the man... im saying why some people dont feel that warm about mous.

I wont judge a fighter solely on 2 poor performances, but when some people are introduced to him through the Jardine fight, you can understand why he didn't make that many new fans that night, I'd pressume.

I agree with you... He should have decisioned 'Jardine' that night. ...... judges did do a poor job, but Mousasi should have never been in the position to wait for the judges decision, in a fight against the Dean of Mean.. .. . ..

That's my take on this one. I do apologise if I'm being insulting,again.
Former Openweight Linker 'Royce' Give away Champion of the World

EvilGorilla69+1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:31 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

i aint saying that he aint the man... im saying why some people dont feel that warm about mous.

I wont judge a fighter solely on 2 poor performances, but when some people are introduced to him through the Jardine fight, you can understand why he didn't make that many new fans that night, I'd pressume.

I agree with you... He should have decisioned 'Jardine' that night. ...... judges did do a poor job, but Mousasi should have never been in the position to wait for the judges decision, in a fight against the Dean of Mean.. .. . ..

I pissed you off....my apawlogies. I am sorry and I will not do it again

See you early Sunday for the fights :tup:

Spoiler:
Jardine survived a lot of big punches in some fights and not in others. Vera, Rampage, Chuck, Moose dropped but did not finish him. Inconsistent chin

Spoiler:
sorry

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby anton14 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:43 pm

mikalianenkomedov wrote:
anton14 wrote:Who cares what he did 10 years ago? It clearly didn't matter when he went 3-2 in the first two years of the UFC.

pls learn what "all time" means before discrediting references to the dudes history in the sport.

He's top 5 all time of being the most overhyped fighters

easy thinking. if he wanted a title shot years ago he should have never got choked out by someone who is in the top 5 and have a terrible knockout loss against a can crusher. none of those things alone make you a top 5 MW and nothing indicates that he can currently beat a top 5 MW.

i totally forgot that title shots were given to people only with legitimate top 5 wins. you know, like when michael bisping got a mw shot. or dan henderson. or the attempt at getting GSP a mw title shot. i'm sure that kind of fuckery played no factor in Mousasi's decision to go to Bellator. it was simply because he didn't think he could handle the top 5 despite numerous, numerous callouts and the UFC not delivering. unless you think the UFC did everything they could for him? :lol: :lol:

Oh like how Bisping had a win over a former champion and MW GOAT, Anderson Silva. Where was Moose? Oh yea with a decision win over Thales Leites and before that a knockout loss by Uriah Hall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moose left at the worst possible time in terms of establishing where is he really is in the top 5. He was on 5 fight win streak with a win over a former champion. He was easily on the road to the title. This was the most hype he has had in years in terms of more pay and an established ranking. Then he killed it.

he left at the best possible time in regards to his negotiation power. he did not "kill it" unless you're the type of person that thinks 1-1 Luke Rockhold and faux-Champion Michael Bisping are actually ranked higher than him. in which case, you're stupid as shit.

Well Bisping is the champion. He did knockout Rockhold, a former champion. So yea, pretty sure Bisping is ranked a bit higher, regardless of what your personal bias is. He could of also proved how much better he was than Rockhold, but he chose not to.

He simply wanted easier fights. That's it. Can't feel bad for a guy who leaves an organization with better talent for another organization for an easier check. Don't think Moose really cares who he fights. He just wants the money. The simple fact that he will get most if not all of his money just by showing up to fight shows that he's just in it for the money. He wanted the easier route. Can't feel for the guy.

who is asking you to feel bad for him? he left to go to a place that will guarantee his brand progresses and he gets respected fights within the organization. not skipped over for 59 year old dan henderson or "i haven't fought in 6 years so let's give me a title shot at a higher weight division" GSP and given $10k reebok checks.

it's a smart move because the UFC is a fucking circus. hence, ultimate fucking circus. fighters don't have an infinite amount of fight in them, why waste it sitting around hoping to not get skipped over? there's no way he hasn't built up enough of a record at MW to earn a title shot. have you SEEN what people have gotten title shots off of? this is the division where a win over Thales Leites still got you into the top 5.

So why is Moose crying from the sidelines? All he had to do was not get knocked out by Uriah Hall. He was previously thwarted by Machida and Jacare. Guaranteed he would of had a high profile fight much sooner if he simply just knocked out Uriah like he was supposed to. He simply can't cry when he was in no position to fight for the title regardless. His hyped got knocked back, AGAIN.

Moose will always be the guy that could of done way more, but he chose not to.

Moose will always be the guy that people like to try and discredit for very little reason. to everyone else, he kicks ass and is a clear top 5 fighter.

Moose will always be an over hyped fighter that could have done more but failed whenever it was his chance.

Point is, Moose was literally the closest he's ever been to a UFC title but he chose not to take it.

His first attempt, one fight in, then Machida beats him to a decision. Not entirely bad, Machida is an awkward fighter and Moose can easily recover.

Second attempt, beats one fighter then loses to Jacare by submission. Moose can still recover with a nice win streak after. Two is forgivable.

3rd attempt, beats two fighters then gets knocked out by barely a gatekeeper. Absolutely embarrassing loss. Will knock him back a few pegs. Regardless it was something the UFC wanted him to recover from and get a nice win streak going.

4th attempt, beats 4 fighters then finally gets a high profile fights and passes it with flying colors. Then what happens? He leaves. He leaves when he was literally within reach of a title. What has Moose done prior to show that he should of had a title shot over Whittaker or Yoel?

Moose killed his own hype. He could have done so much more in the UFC but he chose not too. Could of made it clear where he was in the top 5 but he chose not to. Now all people can do is just speculate and over hype him like always instead of just actually establishing where he was. Moose will always be that fighter.
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
anton14
Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor (2017 Round 2)

Postby anton14 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:50 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

It seems like this is a road that so frequently happens when it comes to Mousasi. When it's his time to shine, he doesn't for whatever reason. When are people going to stop making excuses for him. Moose has had plenty of chances.
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
anton14

Accolades: July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor (2017 Round 2)

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

I pissed you off....my apawlogies. I am sorry and I will not do it again

See you early Sunday for the fights :tup:

Spoiler:
Jardine survived a lot of big punches in some fights and not in others. Vera, Rampage, Chuck, Moose dropped but did not finish him. Inconsistent chin

Spoiler:
sorry

phil baroni having the sads when he talks about Randleman. RIP the moster. the biggest loss of our 'sport', so far.

EvilGorilla69+1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:20 pm

The way i see it the UFC tried to take advantage of the timing Mousasi's contract was to be renegociated. They figured Moose is one fight away from a shot and that should be enough for him to stay. No need to give him a better contract. Well i guess it wasnt.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion but saying Moose left the UFC for easier fights seems thoughtless. If you take a look at his career is prety clear that he aint scared to fight.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:26 pm

tsarlaider wrote:The way i see it the UFC tried to take advantage of the timing Mousasi's contract was to be renegociated. They figured Moose is one fight away from a shot and that should be enough for him to stay. No need to give him a better contract. Well i guess it wasnt.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion but saying Moose left the UFC for easier fights seems thoughtless. If you take a look at his career is prety clear that he aint scared to fight.

I gotta agree mr king sir with that first part especially. I think that is exactly what they were thinking, lowball him and expect him to agree because he is 1 win away from a title shot. Granted it would have been against Whittaker for the interim title most likely as Bisping will be chasing a fight with GSP or perhaps Dave Menne or Pat Millitech or Sakurai even for awhile still to come.

However the highlighted part I disagree with totally. Any fighter who does not have their first pro fight with the UFC and stick with the UFC until they retire is a total pussy who is ducking legit competition and totally suckssssssssssss maaaaaaaaaan. Only exceptions being Sage, Paige, Ronda and the human fuckstick Jon "I am always the victim of circumstance" Jones

Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby mikalianenkomedov » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Oh like how Bisping had a win over a former champion and MW GOAT, Anderson Silva. Where was Moose? Oh yea with a decision win over Thales Leites and before that a knockout loss by Uriah Hall :lol: :lol: :lol:

so, fun fact about this shitty point is that Bisping barely squeezed out a SD over Thales rin the fight before before the UFC pulled Mousasi off the Bisping vs Mousaso fight night card and replaced him with Anderson Silva.. who Bisping barely beat despite Silva being way-the-fuck-past-his-prime.

Well Bisping is the champion. He did knockout Rockhold, a former champion. So yea, pretty sure Bisping is ranked a bit higher, regardless of what your personal bias is. He could of also proved how much better he was than Rockhold, but he chose not to.[/color]

:lol: :lol:

So why is Moose crying from the sidelines?

he isn't. he got a better deal and took it. he wasn't even saying anything bad about the UFC. you shouldn't be this upset

Point is, Moose was literally the closest he's ever been to a UFC title but he chose not to take it.

he's been "close" to a UFC title this entire time but hasn't been offered shit. he got replaced in his title eliminator against Bisping for Anderson Silva ffs. it would be a risk to try and wait around in hopes that the UFC would eventually give him one when his prior treatment - despite being a main or co-main in damn near every fight he's in - only suggests they're going to try and pay him shit and not put him in the spotlight.

His first attempt, one fight in, then Machida beats him to a decision. Not entirely bad, Machida is an awkward fighter and Moose can easily recover.

Second attempt, beats one fighter then loses to Jacare by submission. Moose can still recover with a nice win streak after. Two is forgivable.

3rd attempt, beats two fighters then gets knocked out by barely a gatekeeper. Absolutely embarrassing loss. Will knock him back a few pegs. Regardless it was something the UFC wanted him to recover from and get a nice win streak going.

"who cares what happens 10 years ago" -the guy who uses losses from 2014 prior to Moose's current 5 fight winstreak to discredit him. quality poster 10/10

4th attempt, beats 4 fighters then finally gets a high profile fights and passes it with flying colors. Then what happens? He leaves. He leaves when he was literally within reach of a title. What has Moose done prior to show that he should of had a title shot over Whittaker or Yoel?

the case for Whittaker is solid after he beat yoel. prior to that, his record includes wins over Souza - good - and then the folllowing:

Derek Brunson, Rafael Natal, Uriah Hall, Brad Tavares, "Clint Hester." are any of those guys even top 10? and if they ever were, for any reasonable amount of time (and was that ranking justified or just more UFC gonna UFC). keep in mind that while you're shitting on Mousasi for losing to Machida and Souza, Whittaker was - AT THE SAME TIME - losing to Court McGee and Stephen Thompson.

Yoel Romero is also proven and probably deserved a title shot well before the Whittaker fight.. but i'm not making a case against Yoel (or even against Whittaker) here. I'm making a case FOR Moose. The MW title picture has been fucked since Bisping entered the picture (he shouldn't of even gotten a title shot tbh) and it's prior to this Romero/Whittaker interim that all the fuckery took place. the real point here is that Mousasi has beaten all of the same guys that got other guys title/interim shots (except for Souza) and more - done so very impressively (much more impressively than Bisping, ffs) but has not gotten the same treatment.

Moose killed his own hype. He could have done so much more in the UFC but he chose not too. Could of made it clear where he was in the top 5 but he chose not to. Now all people can do is just speculate and over hype him like always instead of just actually establishing where he was. Moose will always be that fighter.

his hype isn't dead? he's a proven fighter and anyone that doesn't go out of their way to try and make him look otherwise doesn't need to speculate at all. yeah, there's fights in the UFC i'd like to see him in but there's nothing suggesting that the UFC was going to put in a good effort to make them happen. the move makes sense. it's not permanent. quit being a little bitch about it.

and why are you using bright yellow font.
Formerly known as Mikal.

= = =
Twitter: @MikalMMA
= = =
ImageMOTHER RUSSIA MMA NEVER DIEImage
mikalianenkomedov
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby slevin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:39 am

Seems that there are some people that doubt Mousasi''s ability even though he is proven how good he is in the UFC. What is even more funny is that his ranking as a top 5 mw currently is in question given that he matches up well with both the interim and current champion lol.

I guess some people want to cling to the notion that he is just hype and has beaten nobodies for anyone to legitimize his status as a top tier MW. He may lose to Rockhold, Romero and Jacare, but he still matches up with the other two top mw's.

As far as a top 5 mw of all time, idunno about that. I havent followed the sport long enough to determine that, and I dont think it is reasonable to debate that given that there are mw 's such as Rockhold and Whittaker who could very well challenge that spot.

Bisping maybe the champion its hard to call him the best mw given how he has been doing everything in his power to avoid Romero. That and he just had a close fight against a guy that is 47 and wasnt even top 10. Meanwhile Moose took him out in the first round, as a matter of fact he has dominant wins over guys bisping has struggled with. Styles make fights, but Moose isn't going to dance around like Anderson Silva and look to counter.

The way I see it:

Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare
Mousasi
Bisping

or if you want to give Bisping that top spot because he is the champion

BIsping
Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare/Mousasi

Dont think it is wrong to have both of them at 5, when they are 1 and 1 against each other.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby TFlock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:51 am

Now that Moose is gone I kinda wish he wasn't. The thought of some fights that didn't happen is disappointing.

I don't know all of the details of the lawsuit against the UFC but I wonder if they are letting fighters go so that they don't run their business like a monopoly anymore? I'm not a law expert so I apologize in advance for my lack of law vocabulary. :mrgreen:
August Fantasy Fix GP team
Marat Gafurov
Martin Bravo
Karl Reed
Jack Hermansson

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 am

slevin wrote:Seems that there are some people that doubt Mousasi''s ability even though he is proven how good he is in the UFC. What is even more funny is that his ranking as a top 5 mw currently is in question given that he matches up well with both the interim and current champion lol.

I guess some people want to cling to the notion that he is just hype and has beaten nobodies for anyone to legitimize his status as a top tier MW. He may lose to Rockhold, Romero and Jacare, but he still matches up with the other two top mw's.

As far as a top 5 mw of all time, idunno about that. I havent followed the sport long enough to determine that, and I dont think it is reasonable to debate that given that there are mw 's such as Rockhold and Whittaker who could very well challenge that spot.

Bisping maybe the champion its hard to call him the best mw given how he has been doing everything in his power to avoid Romero. That and he just had a close fight against a guy that is 47 and wasnt even top 10. Meanwhile Moose took him out in the first round, as a matter of fact he has dominant wins over guys bisping has struggled with. Styles make fights, but Moose isn't going to dance around like Anderson Silva and look to counter.

The way I see it:

Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare
Mousasi
Bisping

BIsping
Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare/Mousasi

Dont think it is wrong to have both of them at 5, when they are 1 and 1 against each other.

when is it a good time to 'render' a fighter unable to 'compete' in the rankings..?

Rockhold fought in june of 2016, last time.. why the fook is he still ranked?

EvilGorilla69+1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:29 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
slevin wrote:Seems that there are some people that doubt Mousasi''s ability even though he is proven how good he is in the UFC. What is even more funny is that his ranking as a top 5 mw currently is in question given that he matches up well with both the interim and current champion lol.

The way I see it:

Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare
Mousasi
Bisping

BIsping
Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare/Mousasi

when is it a good time to 'render' a fighter unable to 'compete' in the rankings..?

He is there to remind all the MMA fans that he is the fucktard who allowed Bisping to get the MW belt and turn the division into a circus

Fuck both Rockhard and the Cunt

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby slevin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:45 am

Why shouldnt Rockhold be ranked? He has wins over: Bisping, Machida, Kennedy, Jacare, Weidman. All of them were ranked, and solid fighters. Not many guys have as many wins over ranked MW's as Luke Rockhold.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 am

tsarlaider wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

The way I see it:

Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare
Mousasi
Bisping

BIsping
Whittaker
Romero
Rockhold
Jacare/Mousasi

He is there to remind all the MMA fans that he is the fucktard who allowed Bisping to get the MW belt and turn the division into a circus

Fuck both Rockhard and the Cunt

I can accept this.. Fuck Rockhold. Fuck Mattione and fuck nick lentz whats that fag's name.

EvilGorilla69+1
Green Belt
Green Belt

PreviousNext