Official: Dave Herman vs Gabriel Gonzaga - UFC 162

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Postby Indra » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 am

UFC heavyweight Dave Herman was slated to fight Shane Del Rosario at UFC 162 on July 6 in Las Vegas, but the injury bug has claimed another victim.

UFC officials on Friday announced that Del Rosario had to withdraw from the bout due to an undisclosed injury, but added that Gabriel Gonzaga had already agreed to take his place.

Herman (21-5) has been skating on thin ice with the UFC for some time. He holds a 1-3 record in the Octagon and has twice failed a drug test for marijuana.

Herman had expected to fight Mike Russow at UFC 136, but failed his pre-fight test. He is returning to action at UFC 162 after testing positive again following a loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 153.

Entering the fight with Gonzaga on a three-fight losing skid doesn’t help matters. Herman desperately needs a victory.

Gonzaga (11-6) was forced to go outside the UFC following back-to-back losses in 2010. He won one bout outside of the Octagon, but returned in early 2012 as a late replacement for Rob Broughton at UFC 142.

He won at UFC 142 and UFC on FX 7, but got knocked out by Travis Browne at the TUF 17 Finale in April.

He makes a quick return, stepping in for Del Rosario.

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva puts his title on the line against Chris Weidman in the UFC 162 main event on July 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/injury-bug ... --mma.html

Heh, the real question in this fight will be whether Herman can actually submit a clean UA.

Even if he does, though, I like Gonzaga's chances in this one.
Indra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: SDR out, Gonzaga in

Postby ShakeZula » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:00 am

gonzaga wins, herman is cut
ShakeZula
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 505MMA » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:02 am

Sucks for Herman to get a tougher opponent. SDR was a winnable fight for him. Gonzaga wins however he wants.
NBK

Driving the Anthony "Sharkbait" Gutierrez warwagon
6RANDON1POSEY9 wrote:I got warned and now i'm pissed and now i'm coming for every mod besides Rico.
505MMA
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Sig Bet World Cup Winner, Former p4p Champ

Postby kezzaman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 am

Im shocked Herman is still in the UFC.
kezzaman
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby PsychoBells » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:35 am

I actually like this, Gonzaga should be a nice underdog bet and can easily win. Dave Herman has to be one of the most disappointing prospects ever.
Rosi Sexton wrote:You could have given me an IQ test as I walked out of the cage; I'd still have scored higher than @joerogan

<3
PsychoBells
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity

Postby Sliver » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Herman is a lot faster on the feet and his defensive BJJ was pretty good from what I remember (considering he doesn't train... :lol: ) I think he has a chance in this fight but it's definitely a tougher draw than SDR.
Image Image

3rd August, 2013; the night Sal D'amato, Chris Watts and Rick Winters went full retard.

"There's no losing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you either win or you learn." - Master Carlos Gracie Jr.
Sliver
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Formerly GUNNER2010

Postby Anthotis » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Herman is a guy that doesn't give a fuck vs a guy who does.

Gonzaga via actually wanting to be in the UFC.

July 6th 2013: The Great Weid Hope defeated prime Anderson Silva fair and square via Bowel Releasing KO
Anthotis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Ronin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Shane better wise or he's out as well
ImageImage
Ronin
中国和日本王子

Postby irishmike357 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Tough fight for Herman. Other than the drugs he has gotten a pretty bad rep. The guy beats a no body then get three top 10 fighters in a row. You would think after losing each one they would give him a step down in competition.

Anyway, hopefully getting cut after this fight smacks some sense into him and we see a return in a few years when he is a bit wiser. He has a chance to win here, but a slim one, very slim if Gonzaga is in any type of shape.
PunkBillCarson wrote:The posting in MMA Disc is absolutely fucking ridiculous and THAT is something the owners have no control over. Now, every debate that starts serious turns into a mindless clusterfuck. If I was a new member and I didn't know any better, I would assume after viewing for just a few minutes that any topic that hits page three instantly turns into shitting drooling levels of retardation which nothing on this Earth other than euthanasia could cure.

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby JTuck34 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:22 pm

LoL Herman is a joke. Only reason they keep him around is for situations exactly like this. Fighter gets injured at last second, so they call a few heavyweights that are actually relevant, they all say no or are already booked. So they call Herman who is at the bottom of the list, and he says "sure, whatever"

He puts his joint out in the ashtray, and goes outside to do some windsprints and some pushups for about 30 minutes, and then calls it good. He goes back inside and fires up the roach and watches family guy.
Sigbet record 7-0-0
JTuck34
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 pm

JTuck34 wrote:LoL Herman is a joke. Only reason they keep him around is for situations exactly like this. Fighter gets injured at last second, so they call a few heavyweights that are actually relevant, they all say no or are already booked. So they call Herman who is at the bottom of the list, and he says "sure, whatever"

He puts his joint out in the ashtray, and goes outside to do some windsprints and some pushups for about 30 minutes, and then calls it good. He goes back inside and fires up the roach and watches family guy.

You do realize that it is Gonzaga stepping in for an injured fighter NOT Herman right? :|
PunkBillCarson wrote:The posting in MMA Disc is absolutely fucking ridiculous and THAT is something the owners have no control over. Now, every debate that starts serious turns into a mindless clusterfuck. If I was a new member and I didn't know any better, I would assume after viewing for just a few minutes that any topic that hits page three instantly turns into shitting drooling levels of retardation which nothing on this Earth other than euthanasia could cure.

JHM
LHK
irishmike357

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby g7721 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 am

I am looking for someone who is willing to bet Gonzaga will beat Herman at UFC 162 and is willing to take a Sig bet on it

Any takers?

Also lets have everyone's opinion on the fight and see who the linkercommunity believes will meow win and how. :geek:
ImageImage

Officially 1-0 in sig bets. *pats back*
g7721
Green Belt
Green Belt

Location: Hanging out with the Ultimate Warrior (He loves coc)

Re: Herman/Gonzaga

Postby fragiskos25 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 am

g7721 wrote:I am looking for someone who is willing to bet Gonzaga will beat Herman at UFC 162 and is willing to take a Sig bet on it

Any takers?

Also lets have everyone's opinion on the fight and see who the linkercommunity believes will meow win and how. :geek:

Gonzaga will win ..sigbet
“Guess what? The word faggot, at least in Northern California, and where Nate is from, means bitch. It means you’re a little punk. It has nothing to do with homosexuals at all. So when Nate made the comment that he made, he didn’t make it in reference to homosexuals or calling Caraway a homosexual. He just said it was a bitch move.”

Best Manager in the world.
fragiskos25
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby botoxbilly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:57 am

Dave went to Indiana University with me, and I know him. He used to grab dudes butts at the bar, and when they would turn around there would be a huge dude smiling at them. It was actually quite funny. But the guy doesn't really have a mean streak. He's a physical specimen though, and def one of the best athletes in the UFC. I see Gonzaga taking this because Dave doesn't unleash the beast. But if Dave can find his mean streak, he could be top 5 HW.
I'm the "New Breed" of linker....I'm good at linking everywhere.
botoxbilly
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 am

Been waiting for this fight to happen for years!! Gonzaga by bjj.

I support a Constitutional amendment saying that corporations are not people and they do not have the right to spend money to buy our politicians.

Sign the Wolf PAC Petition;

http://www.wolf-pac.com/petition

0-1
bruins2012
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion