4 events this weekend

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

4 events this weekend

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Friday night: LFA 1: Peterson vs Higo.
Start time 9 p.m. eastern time

Saturday morning: ONE Championship 51. The Quest for Power.
Start time 8:30 a.m. eastern time

Saturday night: Invicta FC 21
8 p.m. eastern time

Sunday night: UFC fight night 103. Rodriguez vs Penn
start time. fight pass prelims at 6:15 p.m. eastern time. televised prelims at 8 and main card at 10

This weekend is chalked full of solid mma. With a rare Sunday night UFC event as well. 4 events in one weekend is a real cats meow.

LFA 1 is the first combined RFA and LFA show. Both companies folded into one lately. LFA has some good fighters and the main event is an example of that. Former RFA and LFA titles are getting unified in a bantamweight title fight. Leandro Higo is 16-2 and is the prize pupil of the pitbull brothers gym in Brazil. Steve Peterson is 15-4 and has fought for bellator and kotc in the past.

Both Higo and Peterson are easily ufc quality. This should be a great unification bout between two young, talented and hungry fighters who are looking for another emphatic win as a way to get into the ufc. I do not have a clue who else is on the card nor do I care.

ONE Championship 51 should be a solid card as well. Super early in the morning but good. Main event is a middleweight title fight between the champ Vitaly Bigdash (8-0) and Aung LA Nsang (19-9). Bigdash has a 100% finishing rate and Sang has a 94% finishing rate.

other notable bouts are Kazunori Yokota (27-7) vs Martin Nyugen (9-1) in a title eliminator, Sharif Mohamed (9-0) vs Igor Subora (7-3) and a Meow's prospect to watch Saygid Gusen Arsanliev (4-0) vs Georgi Stonayov (19-10)

Here is a link with more info for Saygid
this-kid-is-a-monster-t134008-15.html?hilit=saygid

Saturday nights Invicta looks ok but nothing too spectacular from the outside looking in. However a lot of times the more entertaining cards lack the star power but produce good fights. Hopefully this happens Saturday night as well

Megan Anderson (7-2) fights Charmaine Tweet (10-5) for the interim FW title since Cyborg will be suspended for awhile. Both are strikers and both usually finish with a KO. Anderson is the up and comer and Tweet is fighting desperately to hang around longer. Anderson is coming off 3 straight knockouts in Invicta with 2 being performance of the night bonus worthy, I think she thrashes Tweet in an entertaining beat down.

Other notable fights. Jodie Esquabel (5-2) vs Kali Robbins (5-0) **Andrea Lee (5-2) vs Jenny Liou (7-4) former title contender Pannie Kianziad (8-1) vs Raquel Pa'lahuuhauahua (5-5) and up and coming prospect Aspen Ladd (4-0) vs some girl I havent heard of before Sijara Eubanks (3-1)

**more info on Lee courtesy of Mike. the-future-of-wmma-has-arrived-t127363.html?hilit=%20andrea%20lee

Then of course we have the Rodriguez vs Penn fight night card. Penn vs Rodriguez, Marcin Held vs Joe Lauzon, Court Mcgree vs the returning Ben Saunders and underrated old school fighter Aleksei Olyinik vs Viktor Pasta (pesta) among a host of other interesting but not incredibly newsworthy fights. Sergio Pettis is fighting John Moraga too on this card, as random as that may be.

I look forward to enjoying this stuffed to the gills mma weekend with you fellow mma nerds. Friday night I shall not be watching in chat but Saturday and Sunday night I most likely will. Sunday for sure. Anyone interested in stopping by and watching with the mmalinker crew is more than welcome. mefuckingow.
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team: Demetrious Johnson, Tom Du Quiznos, Tim Elliot, Devin Clark Griswold.
Mr Meow
Survivor
Survivor

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: 4 events this weekend

Postby PainDog » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks for the reminder.

I'll probably be able to watch LFA 1 and One Championship.

First card after the Legacy and RFA merger. To be honest both organizations put on solid cards and typically had the best commentary team in MMA with Pat and Schiavello.

“Don't run away from grief, o soul. Look for the remedy inside the pain. Because the rose came from the thorn and the ruby came from a stone.”
-Rumi

"Khabib Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Very nice Meow. I like the One events that I've watched via your links/videos. It will be difficult but hopefully I can catch some of it (and maybe some of the others) :beer: :beer:
hawdrigoh
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby slevin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Its a bummer that Marcin Prachino got injured and pulled out of his bout against Bigdash.

Apparently Bigdash wants Askren after this fight. They need to book Askren vs Sapo now! LFA should be good, looking forward to the new talent that they have; there are a lot of solid fighters on the regional scene.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion

Postby mmafan559 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm

i need an mma weekend since football is over

be in chat nerds
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2000 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:59 pm

woot, try and watch some
kusok wrote:Reality is that he is well spoken and does great job in interviews while making interesting and good points.

On Disgraced Pedophile Milo
http://mmalinker.com/forum/the-official-political-thread-t13635-19320.html?hilit=milo
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby J D » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 am

10pm Sunday time? That's a school night.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D
The Axe Murderer

Accolades: I am Canadian
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion

Postby PBells » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:08 am

J D wrote:10pm Sunday time? That's a school night.

Monday the 16th is a holiday for us 'Murcans :nerd:
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby J D » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am

PBells wrote:

Was just about to type something about you guys being lucky but then I remembered Trump.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D
The Axe Murderer

Accolades: I am Canadian
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 am

J D wrote:
PBells wrote:

Was just about to type something about you guys being lucky but then I remembered Trump.

I'll take a holiday on Monday for 4-8 years of Trump. Life is about compromise.
hawdrigoh

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby slevin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:54 am

Get your ass in here meow!

slevin

Survivor

Postby PainDog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:55 am

slevin wrote:Get your ass in here meow!

Fuck man...I was watching some old KSW event...waiting for this card to start...it was on a different channels than I thought....I think I missed half of it. :x

“Don't run away from grief, o soul. Look for the remedy inside the pain. Because the rose came from the thorn and the ruby came from a stone.”
-Rumi

"Khabib Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby slevin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:32 am

PainDog wrote:
slevin wrote:Get your ass in here meow!

Fuck man...I was watching some old KSW event...waiting for this card to start...it was on a different channels than I thought....I think I missed half of it. :x

Lmao, I've a lot of catching up to do, in terms of watching old events. I've been meaning to watch the KSW ww and lhw champions, to see if they are any good to be in the UFC.

You've missed some good ones, some bad ones, i'll post some of the videos on here soon.

slevin

Survivor

Postby philphan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:15 pm

PBells wrote:

The kids get Monday off but us teachers still have to report for training and report cards. :-( :thunder: :thunder:
Oh well, I think they are catering lunch for us. :dine: :icecream:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
April fighters- Mighty Mouse,Joe Lauzon, Tom Duquesnoy,Cynthia Calvillo
300-0 sig bet record
philphan

Accolades: March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Here are the fights from the ONE Championship card. Between ONE, the Invicta last night and the LFA main event, its been an entertaining weekend for mma.

Spoiler:
Great KO in this first fight

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
featherweight title eliminator. Yokota (26-7) vs Nyugen (7-1)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
ONE just recently made soccer kicks illegal. Otherwise that would have been a KO win not a DQ loss.

Spoiler:
Main event Middleweight title fight. Champ Bigdash (8-0) vs N'Sang (19-9)

Spoiler:
Image Image

Officially 3-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-23 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: April Team: Demetrious Johnson, Tom Du Quiznos, Tim Elliot, Devin Clark Griswold.
Mr Meow
Survivor
Survivor

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Next