Holm vs De Randamie Breakdown

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Holm vs De Randamie Breakdown

Postby willis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Good evening Gents. Just came on linker to browse and did not find anything on this fight so I thought I'd write something up for you that doesn't involve those guys talking about you know who again.

Holm vs De Randamie.

Holm:
Watching Holm was painful for me and not just because I picked her in fantasy. Been watching her since before the UFC was even thinking of signing her so I have some fandom built up. She seemed to have the right gameplan in place (A. Stand and bang. B. Go for TD) but mainly had trouble executing. Plan A: She was clearly hesitant to get in close on GDR and she suffered for it. Holly tried the same combo so many times that GDR timed her right hand counter numerous times. Shit, I thought Holly was gonna get KTFO after a couple. The fact that Holly didn't adjust with some head movement or a counter of her own was also tough to watch. Holly has good stand up but she just was not.being effective at landing on GDR. Plan B: So Holly tries to get things to the ground. Great idea right? Yeah, if you can pull it off. Holly looked like my 9 year old son trying to pick me up. She looked like all her takedown training took place in front of a TV screen. No head position, no getting low, just grab, twist, pull and hope for the best. In a nutshell, Holly had all the right motives but just failed to execute. Side note, she should keep her damn hands up too. Late shots landing are both fighters fault IMO.

GDR:
She looked good. Have not watched a lot of GDR so I don't have a big measuring stick for her but she fought smart. Now, if she meets someone like Nunes or Peña and they get a hold of her, she's probably going to the mat. If she keeps her distance and works more leg kicks and distance fighting along with some excellent TDD she has a good chance to have more than one title defense (Cyborg is all but cleared by USADA?) . Her right hand counter was a motherfucker. When she first hit Holly I almost jumped thinking fight could be done. Nope. Holly ate a bunch. That timing though. Beautiful technique. I would've liked to see more kicks from GDR, especially to the body. Also didn't see any Thai from GDR in the clinch like short elbows or kicks on the break. That being said, she might have been more concerned with stopping the TD over striking. GDR has some big holes in her game but she comes to fight and I can't believe how calm she is.

In closing, this was a good start to the women's 145 by two fun fighters. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Re: Holm vs De Randamie Breakdown

Postby kusok » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm

To me it looked like DeRandamie was too big for Holm. Holm looked like a thin girl fighting a tranny.

I think a point should have been taken away for those after the bell shots right away.

Kinda sucks for Holm, she lost 3 straight now?
kusok
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Haven't watched fight but it seems to me that Holly wasn't agressive and loose enough with her striking. She was on point against Rousey and flowy.
A-XMen
Anthony Johnson, Ovince Saint Preux, Gregor Gillepsie, Sam Alvey
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Holm Breakdown

Left straight, right jab, left straight, leg kick with the lead leg (all while moving towards her opponent with her lead leg just outside her opponent's lead leg).

Clinch.

Repeat.

:tup:
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby Shaka Zulu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 pm

I gotta give it to Holly tho. She stuck in there just like if she let me stick my nose in her crack. I'd stick to it like white on rice.
ImageImage
Dan Henderson said-" FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby slevin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 am

Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion

Postby 1098765432 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Holm Breakdown

Left straight, right jab, left straight, leg kick with the lead leg (all while moving towards her opponent with her lead leg just outside her opponent's lead leg).

Clinch.

Repeat.

You left out the yelling and yelling feints part but ya. She did change it up a bit in the last 2-3 with the clinching
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:26 pm

1098765432 wrote:

Clinch.

Repeat.

You left out the yelling and yelling feints part but ya. She did change it up a bit in the last 2-3 with the clinching

Basically she does this in all of her fights that's why no one including myself expected her performance against Rousey. She must have smoked some marijuana PEDs before the fight.
A-XMen
Anthony Johnson, Ovince Saint Preux, Gregor Gillepsie, Sam Alvey
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby 1098765432 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 pm

:P
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
1098765432 wrote:

Clinch.

Repeat.

Basically she does this in all of her fights that's why no one including myself expected her performance against Rousey. She must have smoked some marijuana PEDs before the fight.

IT just showed how green Ronda's stand up game is, its complete amateur level, maybe even worse, just beginner level.

Holly just danced around her, landed what she wanted and had fun.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt