How scared is.....

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

How scared

Poll runs till Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:21 pm

1. Bisping is no pusssssy (only coincidence he refuses to defend against the obvious 2 best contenders in 2 attempts)
8%
2. 0% fear. (bisping spits in the face of yoels cornermen)
13%
3. Not scared. (like bonecrusher bisping is nevvvvver scaaaaaared)
No votes
4. Intelligently cautious but not scared (knows yoel and jacare are legit so he has to be careful)
21%
5. neutral (bisping has no feelings as he shags linker's collective wives)
4%
6. Kinda scared (but will man up and fight the top 2 contenders....at some point)
4%
7. Scared (not as scared as he was of Jorge Rivera's striking, but close)
4%
8. Terrified (requires his manchester united blankie for comfort)
No votes
9. Scared shitless (exaggerated an injury to buy time in hopes GSP will be ready)
4%
10. Petrified (awoken in the night by nightmares of gay jesus and Portuguese speaking crocodiles)
42%

Total votes : 24

Re: How scared is.....

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:20 am

ThaBlackGuy wrote:This is a very winnable fight for bisping. I don't get why so many ppl think this guy is unbeatable. If you survive the first 1.5 rounds this guy is toast. .
Am i the only one that saw the tim kennedy fight? Or jacare? Bisping could weather the initial storm and jab the fuck outta this dude to an easy decision.

I believe the counter argument to this mr sir sir that one could make is that the vast majority of Yoels wins are either 3rd round finishes or decisions. Including 2 over top 10 competition in machida and brunson. He seldom finishes in the first 2 rounds.

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PainDog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:50 am

Mr Meow wrote:
ThaBlackGuy wrote:This is a very winnable fight for bisping. I don't get why so many ppl think this guy is unbeatable. If you survive the first 1.5 rounds this guy is toast. .
Am i the only one that saw the tim kennedy fight? Or jacare? Bisping could weather the initial storm and jab the fuck outta this dude to an easy decision.

I believe the counter argument to this mr sir sir that one could make is that the vast majority of Yoels wins are either 3rd round finishes or decisions. Including 2 over top 10 competition in machida and brunson. He seldom finishes in the first 2 rounds.

Was thinking the same thing Mr Meow, especially when his last win was a third round annihilation of Chris Weidman.

I also agree with those that said it's ridiculous that people defend this guy while trashing on Woodley.

"Every man's life ends the same way.
It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another"

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby The Smurf » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:32 am

i read the first option and went for it...

tmi aka too much information mr meower,sir,gent.

I'm expecting a big smoke up tomorrow in chat.

cameras on ----> Witness the best ever sleeping Mitrione.
The Smurf

Postby The Smurf » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:38 am

mike has become an ultra legit fighter..

His confidence must be at an all time high... he is not scared.. he feels accomplished as a fighter...

I think he has at least 1-2 more solid performances in his career...

I dont see him losing the belt in his next defence...

Prepare yourselves to be surprized.
Last edited by The Smurf on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Smurf

Postby tsarlaider » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:08 am

i voted 9

The universal order needs to be restored

Bisping hlding that particular belt is a joke and i blame Rockahrd 100% for this

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby dipset52 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 am

Yoel will beat the shit out of mike.

Kill.

Have you seen Yoels 1 loss? To Fejao at 205? Yea. bisping ain't pulling that shit off.

Romero kills him dead
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby dipset52 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:01 am

PainDog wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Was thinking the same thing Mr Meow, especially when his last win was a third round annihilation of Chris Weidman.

I also agree with those that said it's ridiculous that people defend this guy while trashing on Woodley.

Yea I saw Tim Kennedys cheating ass

How'd he finish? Dead last? Yea he had a good day tho.
209 Stockton

dipset52
Skrap Pack Member

Postby slevin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 am

Based on his last fight I say Bisping can capitalize on Yoel's lack of aggression, and cut him off that he can win. But that is a tall order given how much of a difficult time he had with Tim Kennedy's grappling. Even Leites managed to put him on his butt, also speaking of the Leites fight. Even though Leites couldn't cut off Bisping he managed to land some good shots up against the cage. Samething happened when Anderson was moving in on Bisping; Bisping may have good foowork, but seems to have a hard time maintaining space unlike machida. Speaking of Machida, Romero closed that distance very well, and cut off the cage against him too. I just imagine, that if Yoel doesn't underestimate Bisping, and uses his wrestling, and fights more aggressively that he should win. The only problem is Bispings output and volume, but Romero's wrestling and ground n' pound can't be denied. If Romero gets on top, it is pretty much game over for Bisping, and I believe the strategy should to be able to look to use the clinch take Bisping down, and just beat him up on the mat. Also pick your shots when moving forward; the thing is Romero tends to lull, and i'm not sure if Bisping will allow Romero to take a break, I believe he will be on whenever Romero takes his foot off the gas.

Something I thought Weidman would do more of, but I think he was worried about Yoel's power and wrestling. Either way Romero is good at countering just look at his fight with Tavares, when Tavares looks to move in, he crushes him with an Elbow. I think Romero will use his wrestling and hit Bisping with a shot that makes think before moving forward.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:15 pm

slevin wrote:

Based on his last fight I say Bisping can capitalize on Yoel's lack of aggression, and cut him off that he can win. But that is a tall order given how much of a difficult time he had with Tim Kennedy's grappling. Even Leites managed to put him on his butt, also speaking of the Leites fight. Even though Leites couldn't cut off Bisping he managed to land some good shots up against the cage. Samething happened when Anderson was moving in on Bisping; Bisping may have good foowork, but seems to have a hard time maintaining space unlike machida. Speaking of Machida, Romero closed that distance very well, and cut off the cage against him too. I just imagine, that if Yoel doesn't underestimate Bisping, and uses his wrestling, and fights more aggressively that he should win. The only problem is Bispings output and volume, but Romero's wrestling and ground n' pound can't be denied. If Romero gets on top, it is pretty much game over for Bisping, and I believe the strategy should to be able to look to use the clinch take Bisping down, and just beat him up on the mat. Also pick your shots when moving forward; the thing is Romero tends to lull, and i'm not sure if Bisping will allow Romero to take a break, I believe he will be on whenever Romero takes his foot off the gas.

Something I thought Weidman would do more of, but I think he was worried about Yoel's power and wrestling. Either way Romero is good at countering just look at his fight with Tavares, when Tavares looks to move in, he crushes him with an Elbow. I think Romero will use his wrestling and hit Bisping with a shot that makes think before moving forward.

He almost killed Jacare a lesser man would have died, Machida was doing ok until Yoel flipped the switch just like he would do to Bisping. Also he did the same to CapitolOne Withholdings, he wrecked his forehead in a split second, until Yoel quits taking whatever substance he is taking no one will ever beat this 41 year old monster.
B-ankmen
Tony Ferguson, Mark Godbeer, Demian Maia, Francisco Trinaldo, Pat Curran
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby yoseph » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Romero won a shitty decision over jacare, and had to cheat to make it close. The dude held the fence long enough to lose s point and completely change the momentum of the fight. He pokes eyes like jones, extends rounds like silva, and shits his pants like chuck. An aware ref wont let this shit happen, and if he does bisping wi go spit on his gay jesus cornermen. Maybe he'll even land a legal knee while romero is getting up like he did back in the day qgainst rivera
Shaka on Cain Valasquez:
Shaka Zulu wrote: This nigga don't speak Spanish hell he needs an interpreter just to order some Taco Bell.
If I was Dana I would've made Werdum be your interpreter for your in octagon loser speech.

OctoBer league:
Kevin Lee
Niko Price
Liam McGeary
Heather Hardy
Colby Covington
3-6 in sigbets
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby pithikos » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:56 pm

I went with 5 :lol: . Bisping is the man! And he is the champ. Undisputed middleweight champion of the world. Deal with it.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby mmafan559 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:23 am

dipset52 wrote:How'd he finish? Dead last? Yea he had a good day tho.

Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559

Postby The Smurf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 am

Bisping:

well at first I was afraid I was petrified

thinking that I could never get a belt at MW.

But then i fought against Luke and he gave me no respect

so i connected with that mean old hook and decked him on his bed

ooohhh yeeeaaa. i aaam the chaaamp

ive defended and ill keep defending while i got 20 wins u cunt

i just beat your boy ando and I just edged hendo as well

now im keeping all my fighting for someone who'll be fighting me

ohh no.. no yoel romeroo, i want a beatable, big name, just bring me the money fights

I am michael the count bisping and im the champion of the world

and ill fight all the WWs and all the 40+ , cause I can

oh yes I can..

sincere apologies in case this text burnt your eyes/\/
The Smurf

Postby OuchThatDidntHurt » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:35 am

BrazilianDude wrote:still can't believe this guy is holding a belt...

I have a question for all the wise linkers out there....

since I haven't been paying a lot of attention to MMA these days ( I let others watch the fights and when people say the fight was awesome I go and watch it), does anybody else here has the feeling that we are living one of the worse eras of MMA when it comes to talent??

I was thinking about all great fighters from 2000 to 2010 and even late 90's ,and I think that if they were all in their prime today they would smash all those ''top'' guys from today...

a prime BJ would terrorize his division today, same goes for prime gsp, anderson, machida, even guys like randy and hughes ( I might be wrong there)....wanderley, cro cop etc...even chuck ( before glass jaw ), shogun, RDA, JDS etc

it is crazy to think that those guys in their prime would simply dismantle all divisions in the UFC today?

or am I just too old school and refusing to see that today we are better off than yesterday?

man, michael bisping? really? come on.....really really?? ronda?? ( a couple of months ago, not now)......connor??
WTF? no, just no !!

a lot more money involved in promotion, a lot more money being made, a lot more money being paid to fighters...

and a lot fucking harder for old fans like myself to watch a good exciting fight...

most of the excitement I get from fights today is watching whoever the UFC has hyped as the ''best ever'' getting exposed! And that is sad !!

I'll probably retire as a fan as soon as the Mcgregor train is permanently derailed....anybody with me?

I haven't been watching as much mma either and I get what you're saying about the old days and kind of feel the same way, but it's probably wrong.
I think the older guys used to really dominate in one area and if they could dictate the style of the fight, they would outclass the other guy. A lot of guys had an obvious flaw in their game, it was mostly a matter of someone being able to exploit it. I think most guys now are probably more well rounded, but at the cost of not having one really strong skill. They start practicing more skills earlier, but without the focus to really develop an area. The result is a lot of the guys can neutralize the other guys skills.
Another thing is that a lot more fighters are taking their conditioning more seriously. A guy like Tito could take over a fight after the other guy gassed and completely faded.

Bj had crazy flexibility and control of his legs for his bjj, combined with heavy hands - conditioning was an issue for a long time. Not sure how a prime BJ would do.
GSP and Machida were/are well rounded, but both were heavily criticized for not finishing fights - lack of one strike ko power.
Randy used strategy to expose a guy like Sylvia, not sure how he would do against a healthy Cain or JDS (or Jon Jones at LHW).
Hughes was a strong dude that could outwrestle almost every WW. He developed some submissions, but I don't think anybody feared his striking.

As for Bisping, after losing a bunch of fights to guys who used TRT, he's just looking to cash in. Can't blame a guy for wanting to take the :moneybag: fights. He'll take the fight he's most likely to win. It's not his fault the UFC doesn't have a clear path to the title.
OuchThatDidntHurt
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby mmafan559 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:10 am

OuchThatDidntHurt wrote:GSP and Machida were/are well rounded, but both were heavily criticized for not finishing fights - lack of one strike ko power.

um

fucking rashad face and couture rape?

anyone who criticized peecheeda for not having KO power is a fucking retard

the dude pretty much fought only top fighters above his natural weight and he drank his own piss
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559

PreviousNext