Aldo has a "Superfight" in mind

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Aldo has a "Superfight" in mind

Postby AXEMELL » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:09 pm

bruins2012 wrote:He should fight Micky Ward.

I had to watch that with the sound off. Jesus Fuck, what a horrible song for a boxing highlight reel.
Anger he smiles towering in shiny metallic purple armour
Queen jealousy, envy waits behind him
Her fiery green gown sneers at the grassy ground
Blue are the life giving waters, taken for granted
They quietly understand
AXEMELL
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Shaka Zulu wrote:What a sad state of affairs this "new age" shit has come to! To be so disrespectful to a killer like Aldo. His fight against Conor and the way it went down could've happened to anybody. Unfortunately that made him a joke to casuals and even some of his fans.

If you sissies recall, he tried to fight Pettis but fat bald wanted him to relinquish his FW title to do so. Double standard much?

I honestly think not only would Aldo have beat Pettis; he'd have destroyed him. Pettis has a frail body and Aldo's strikes, regardless of what he hits you with, hurt very badly.

I won't partake in this foolishness. Aldo is a legend and deserves...no... COMMANDS our respect. Just because he wasn't a needle mover, he was the champion for many years and fought every up and coming contender. Being a "UFC champion now doesn't mean shit. You've got a champion, interim champion and an interim interim champion in every goddamn division. Conor hasn't defended a single belt. EVER!!! I really hope Aldo gets his rematch. Unfortunately I think Conor would probably win again just because of the style of the match up. Conor is very accurate, fights long and is a great counter striker. Definitely ions above most of Aldo's opponents but regardless it would be competitive and I think it would come down to who gets who's timing down first which again, I think Conor would win that.

In closing, this isn't just a testament to the state of MMA, but the state of our times in general. Everything is a joke now. Actors come and go. Singers come and go. Trends come and go and it's all within the blink of an eye. It's so easy to be forgotten now. Everything is so fucking water down, CGI, gay and retarded. And that's the demand now.

Well said. :tup: :tup: to all of this.

Now a days mma fans are not interested in defending your belt twice a year against the top contender. It is much more about running your mouth and handpicking fights after you made your name. The personality and hype is more important than fighting skill to most of these "fight" fans :lol:

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: September team: Magomedsharipov, Edilov, Wilkinson, Mccccccmaaaan
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby PainDog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:23 am

I would say no one deserves anything.

Deserves sort of implies entitlement, I think a more appropriate word is "earned".

Aldo has earned the respect of most fans educated enough to appreciate his incredible talents and impressive winning streak.

Is that enough to earn the right to pick and choose your fights?

Probably not.

Demetrious Johnsons is close to having the most title defenses in UFC history. He could argue that he is about to be in a class of his own, so therefor he has earned the right or deserves the right to headline a major card in Madison Square Garden.
Unfortunately, things aren't so simple and while he has been impressive as a fighter, he hasn't been impressive when it comes to selling fights. A promoter wouldn't be wrong to deny him that opportunity, while DJ has earned his place in the record books, he hasn't earned it at the top of a major card.

That isn't his fault. These sorts of things are uncontrollable. DJ cant control if the people are going to watch his fights, all he can do is do his job the best he can.

Aldo is one of the greatest fighters in MMA history, and after my favorite PRIDE fighters started to fade away, Aldo was the one younger fighter that I really enjoyed watching compete.

I honestly have found much of what he has said in the aftermath of the Conor fight to be disappointing. While I understand he has paid his dues and he has been treated unfairly, that is part of life. Life is not fair.

He seems to be focused on uncontrollables such as the decisions of the UFC, and reminding us all that life isn't fair, when it would seem to me at least, he should focus on what he can control, such as dominating everyone in front of him, until his demands are undeniable.

As an individual in the entertainment industry you aren't going to be able to make everyone happy. Aldo's more vocal criticisms of White and the UFC might be the right way to get the attention needed to be allowed to have the fights he wants.

For me as a fan, I wish he would be more like the Aldo of old and let his fighting do the talking....but as I mentioned that is not a guarantee in an industry controlled by fan interest.

With all that said, so far I really enjoy watching Max as a fighter, and found his quite lengthy journey to the top to be inspiring. Hopefully, he doesn't change. Regardless of anything Aldo has said, I would still be cheering for Max in this one.

"Every man's life ends the same way.
It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another"

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby The Smurf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 am

not sure wheether ive replied on this thread b4 or not.... .

But if there is one person that deserves a 'superfight', then that's Aldo.

if u cant see that, if u disagree . ...

You are wrong.

I am right.

no way around it.
The Smurf

Postby bwawm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Shaka Zulu wrote:What a sad state of affairs this "new age" shit has come to! To be so disrespectful to a killer like Aldo. His fight against Conor and the way it went down could've happened to anybody. Unfortunately that made him a joke to casuals and even some of his fans.

If you sissies recall, he tried to fight Pettis but fat bald wanted him to relinquish his FW title to do so. Double standard much?

I honestly think not only would Aldo have beat Pettis; he'd have destroyed him. Pettis has a frail body and Aldo's strikes, regardless of what he hits you with, hurt very badly.

I won't partake in this foolishness. Aldo is a legend and deserves...no... COMMANDS our respect. Just because he wasn't a needle mover, he was the champion for many years and fought every up and coming contender. Being a "UFC champion now doesn't mean shit. You've got a champion, interim champion and an interim interim champion in every goddamn division. Conor hasn't defended a single belt. EVER!!! I really hope Aldo gets his rematch. Unfortunately I think Conor would probably win again just because of the style of the match up. Conor is very accurate, fights long and is a great counter striker. Definitely ions above most of Aldo's opponents but regardless it would be competitive and I think it would come down to who gets who's timing down first which again, I think Conor would win that.

In closing, this isn't just a testament to the state of MMA, but the state of our times in general. Everything is a joke now. Actors come and go. Singers come and go. Trends come and go and it's all within the blink of an eye. It's so easy to be forgotten now. Everything is so fucking water down, CGI, gay and retarded. And that's the demand now.

I demand retarded!

Jokes aside this is on point as fuck. Also, Aldo should have gotten an immediate rematch for 10 years of utter domination.

MCGoober got a rematch for a non title fight for no reason at all. State of the day!

No one DESERVES to be able to cherry pick opponents but currently there are certain fighters that GET to do so and, it just so happens, they haven't earned that right as much as plenty of others (Mighty Mouse included). Thats what the deserve talk is rooted in imo and I think that shit is completely fair.
bwawm
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 pm

bwawm wrote:

I demand retarded!

Jokes aside this is on point as fuck. Also, Aldo should have gotten an immediate rematch for 10 years of utter domination.

MCGoober got a rematch for a non title fight for no reason at all. State of the day!

No one DESERVES to be able to cherry pick opponents but currently there are certain fighters that GET to do so and, it just so happens, they haven't earned that right as much as plenty of others (Mighty Mouse included). Thats what the deserve talk is rooted in imo and I think that shit is completely fair.

If you aren't part of Dana's grand-master plan you don't get to do shit. If Dana likes you and you bring in the casuals then you can call your own shots. He does this shit for Brock, Ronda and Conor. He also did it for Penn but BJ deserved it. 8)
B-enjamen
Alexander Volkov, Ilir Latifi, Uriah Hall, David Branch 
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Beastmeng » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Mr Meow wrote:

Now a days mma fans are not interested in defending your belt twice a year against the top contender. It is much more about running your mouth and handpicking fights after you made your name. The personality and hype is more important than fighting skill to most of these "fight" fans :lol:

Instead of defending the 145lb title against another "midget"....Conor chooses to fight the champion at lightweight. That deserves far more credit than you retards are giving him. Conor fought four times in 12 months. Him agreeing to fight RDA, Nate at ww and Eddie alvarez for the title is damn respectable. Take your hate and fuck off.
Unless we are governed by God....we shall be ruled by tyrants - Willam Penn

Beastmeng
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: 2016 Bum Linker of the Year

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Beastmeng wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Instead of defending the 145lb title against another "midget"....Conor chooses to fight the champion at lightweight. That deserves far more credit than you retards are giving him. Conor fought four times in 12 months. Him agreeing to fight RDA, Nate at ww and Eddie alvarez for the title is damn respectable. Take your hate and fuck off.

Seriously can you go a day without signing on here to whimper and cry about something like a little bitch? :lol: :lol: Wow you are pathetic.

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: September team: Magomedsharipov, Edilov, Wilkinson, Mccccccmaaaan
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby willis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Mr Meow wrote:I am beyond excited to watch Aldo vs Holloway, that is the "super fight" in my opinion.
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby mmafan559 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Shaka Zulu wrote:In closing, this isn't just a testament to the state of MMA, but the state of our times in general. Everything is a joke now. Actors come and go. Singers come and go. Trends come and go and it's all within the blink of an eye. It's so easy to be forgotten now. Everything is so fucking water down, CGI, gay and retarded. And that's the demand now.

Spoiler:
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2700 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559

Postby Mummra » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 am

I'd love to see more of Aldo regularly, he had a bump in his streak but see no reason to give him what he want's he's a killer.
Mummra
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Should probably be focused on the guy trying to beat him up soon.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Previous