Wsof gets bought out and turned into something awesome

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Wsof gets bought out and turned into something awesome

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

seasons work in team sports because injuries don't affect the outcome of the tournament as heavily as individual sports, especially contact sports.

good fucking luck beating this dead horse.

bellator was so hard to watch because the good matches were always destroyed by the tournament format.

the best way to do this is a mixed format.

when you have actual fights that people want to see in a stacked division, that is when you open a tournament.

-------------------------------------------------

what audience is there to own with a pure sport, season formatted, fight league.

is there money outside the 1000 fights a year the UFC makes?

Will the hardcore fans actually make time for this league?

I know casuals won't give a fuck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The WSOF should be just celebrating their best fighters with squash matches with proven names.

Have three guys in each division you believe in as good fighters.

Throw them old ufc guys to build up a name.

Then have them fight for big fights when hype exists.

The boxing model isn't the most sporting, but who the fuck cares at this point.

The point is making money and fucking around making a sports league no one gives a shit about is a good way to throw it away.

------------------------------------------

The WSOF should be 185, 205 lb weight classes. only. even shitty fights at this weightclass ends in knockouts. HW amateurs look so fucking bad i would keep them off TV.

I would go to three minute rounds because of the lack of talent in this division, so at least on TV these guys look okay and don't gass.

Just focus on big guys with KO's. Build a few names in those divisions, then make them fight a tournament if you must.
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Re: Wsof gets bought out and turned into something awesome

Postby The Smurf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

DanQuinnsKnockoutJab wrote:seasons work in team sports because injuries don't affect the outcome of the tournament as heavily as individual sports, especially contact sports.

good fucking luck beating this dead horse.

bellator was so hard to watch because the good matches were always destroyed by the tournament format.

the best way to do this is a mixed format.

when you have actual fights that people want to see in a stacked division, that is when you open a tournament.

-------------------------------------------------

what audience is there to own with a pure sport, season formatted, fight league.

is there money outside the 1000 fights a year the UFC makes?

Will the hardcore fans actually make time for this league?

I know casuals won't give a fuck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The WSOF should be just celebrating their best fighters with squash matches with proven names.

Have three guys in each division you believe in as good fighters.

Throw them old ufc guys to build up a name.

Then have them fight for big fights when hype exists.

The boxing model isn't the most sporting, but who the fuck cares at this point.

The point is making money and fucking around making a sports league no one gives a shit about is a good way to throw it away.

------------------------------------------

The WSOF should be 185, 205 lb weight classes. only. even shitty fights at this weightclass ends in knockouts. HW amateurs look so fucking bad i would keep them off TV.

I would go to three minute rounds because of the lack of talent in this division, so at least on TV these guys look okay and don't gass.

Just focus on big guys with KO's. Build a few names in those divisions, then make them fight a tournament if you must.

tldr faaggit
The Smurf

Previous