RIP To One Of The Greatest Artists Of Our Time

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: RIP To One Of The Greatest Artists Of Our Time

Postby Shaka Zulu » Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am

I'm telling you, almost all their songs have some kind of history but my fondest is probably this one

In a nutshell, went to a party. Met a chick I had a crush on in 8th grade. Super hot. One of the first times I took acid. Best sex I ever had. Ended up laying on the floor butt naked with a full moon outside so the room was lit up blue. This song started playing. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That is all
ImageImage
Dan Henderson said-" FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby JTuck34 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 pm

mikalianenkomedov wrote:reported. not mma related. mods pls

lol
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby 1098765432 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Shaka Zulu wrote:I'm telling you, almost all their songs have some kind of history but my fondest is probably this one

In a nutshell, went to a party. Met a chick I had a crush on in 8th grade. Super hot. One of the first times I took acid. Best sex I ever had. Ended up laying on the floor butt naked with a full moon outside so the room was lit up blue. This song started playing. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That is all

Video or it didn't happen
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Shaka Zulu » Fri May 19, 2017 6:19 pm

1098765432 wrote:
Shaka Zulu wrote:I'm telling you, almost all their songs have some kind of history but my fondest is probably this one

That is all

Video or it didn't happen

Lol. Unfortunately the most up to date phone was probably a Nokia with that snake game back then :fat:
ImageImage
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby mmafan559 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:40 pm

superunknown was literally high school for me

and funkdoobiest

and cypress hill

and metallica

'like a stone' was the most popular song when my best friend died on his dirt bike

i heard it a lot

i hate audioslave
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2700 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby PainDog » Sun May 21, 2017 10:02 am

Cornell was influential enough that I think this thread being maintained here is completely justified.

What has been really indicative of his talent and ability are all the tributes he has received from such a wide variety of performers in the music industry.

Chris's death has probably hit me harder than almost any other celebrity.
Lemmy made me genuinely sad, but this is even worse. Lemmy died as the sort of uncompromising raging son of bitch he was.
Chris...well the way he went out and the circumstances around his death make it seem very premature.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

....and so many others

"Every man's life ends the same way.
It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another"

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby TFlock » Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 am

PainDog wrote:Cornell was influential enough that I think this thread being maintained here is completely justified.

What has been really indicative of his talent and ability are all the tributes he has received from such a wide variety of performers in the music industry.

Chris's death has probably hit me harder than almost any other celebrity.
Lemmy made me genuinely sad, but this is even worse. Lemmy died as the sort of uncompromising raging son of bitch he was.
Chris...well the way he went out and the circumstances around his death make it seem very premature.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

....and so many others

awesome post man. those videos almost made me tear up :-(
September A League Team
Luke Rockhold
Amanda Nunes
Rafael dos Anjos
Uriah Hall

Spoiler:
TFlock
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor Champion, First Linker to hold two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby jblaze » Sun May 21, 2017 4:57 pm

I told some guy at work Chris Cornell died and he said who. I said the guy from soundgarden. He had been playing like a stone every week and didn't know who the guy was.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Shuck » Sun May 21, 2017 10:52 pm

This was more then music.. 90's grunge defined most of our youths, I can speak for myself, this wasn't so much my cup of tea but it didn't matter, we didn't have a choice, it was just part of life growing up a teen in the early mid 90s.. when I was hyper id rage out to Guns & Roses, when I wanted my own space I become a loaner and chilled out to Pearl Jam.

Over the last wk just been listening to the classics on repeat, crazy how it just brings you back.. Was so different back then, things were just real, raw emotions, kids could grow up like kids should, fight, get in trouble, do fucked up shit and learn from it.. Its like the last of the old school cats is the way I saw it.. Everything changed in the snap of a finger, saw it w/my own eyes when I went back to visit my little bro in the wrestling room, 4yr difference and you would think it was 25yrs, didn't even recognize where I was..

Anyway, cheers to this man, believe this thread should be a tribute to the 90s Grunge Era as a whole, since he was a pioneer of that time... couple classic fav's :heart: :thunder:

Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :hand:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~
Shuck
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby bruins2012 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:25 am

Shuck wrote:This was more then music.. 90's grunge defined most of our youths, I can speak for myself, this wasn't so much my cup of tea but it didn't matter, we didn't have a choice, it was just part of life growing up a teen in the early mid 90s.. when I was hyper id rage out to Guns & Roses, when I wanted my own space I become a loaner and chilled out to Pearl Jam.

Over the last wk just been listening to the classics on repeat, crazy how it just brings you back.. Was so different back then, things were just real, raw emotions, kids could grow up like kids should, fight, get in trouble, do fucked up shit and learn from it.. Its like the last of the old school cats is the way I saw it.. Everything changed in the snap of a finger, saw it w/my own eyes when I went back to visit my little bro in the wrestling room, 4yr difference and you would think it was 25yrs, didn't even recognize where I was..

Anyway, cheers to this man, believe this thread should be a tribute to the 90s Grunge Era as a whole, since he was a pioneer of that time... couple classic fav's :heart: :thunder:

Two greats songs. Like Bush, just not glycerine.

:tup:
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby PainDog » Mon May 22, 2017 12:11 pm

This is probably my favorite Cornell song and I really love the video.

"Every man's life ends the same way.
It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another"

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby Shuck » Mon May 22, 2017 9:15 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
Shuck wrote:This was more then music.. 90's grunge defined most of our youths, I can speak for myself, this wasn't so much my cup of tea but it didn't matter, we didn't have a choice, it was just part of life growing up a teen in the early mid 90s.. when I was hyper id rage out to Guns & Roses, when I wanted my own space I become a loaner and chilled out to Pearl Jam.

Two greats songs. Like Bush, just not glycerine.

:tup:

Fixed :tup:
Reason2Duck wrote:So who's deleting my old account?

TriggyWhore2025-Alpha: "Cuck get ready 2b buried by a whitebelt. Gonna drag this out for wks"
Few days Later.. :thunder:
TriggyWhore2025-Beta: "My favorite part is the fact that I gave up and he is still coming at me"
Spoiler:
COWBOY / NBK / KK / THE ANSWER - 4LIFE - :hand:
~~"Do or Do Not.. There is No Try.." -Y~~
Shuck
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby Shaka Zulu » Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 pm

ImageImage
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon May 22, 2017 9:57 pm

What really kills the greats? I'm so sick of these generic Rockstar deaths. There has to be more to the story, why do they keep dying like this? The shitty musicians live forever or they just tour their old material until they turn 70. What gets to the greats?
B-enjamen
Alexander Volkov, Ilir Latifi, Uriah Hall, David Branch 
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby willis » Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 am

Shaka Zulu wrote:

He don't fly around our fire anymore :butthurt:
ImageImage
1-0 sigbets
willis
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: May 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Previous