Official Discussion: Mayweather vs McGregor

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Official Discussion: Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Killgore2025 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:05 am

Mr Meow wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
Killgore2025 wrote:I hope Connor gets murked like every boxer that left the ropes for the cage, into a high profile contender. Stay in your own fucking sport, or leave and work your way up a new one. I hope Mayweather knocks him out silly and doesnt even try, ala randy couture vs James tony... This shit is nonsense and completely unfair to all the other fighters that couldnt do a damn thing outside the UFC because of the exclusivity clause...

I agree, this shit stinks all to high heaven, it needs to end. Hopefully before the fight starts the Diaz bros jump in the ring beat up Conor then Galata punches Mayweather in the nuts, Riddick Bowe hits Justin Beiber in the head with an old school walkie talkie radio and Mayham Miller streaks naked to cancel the show.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Riddick Bowe
Killgore2025
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby JTuck34 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 am

:lol: This is the best Mayweather vs McGregor thread on the entire internet right now :lol:
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby Bullgooseloony » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:53 am

JTuck34 wrote::lol: This is the best Mayweather vs McGregor thread on the entire internet right now :lol:

No shit ma fugga, it's mmalinker! What did you expect? :roll:
Bullgooseloony
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby pithikos » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:04 am

Irishdonal wrote:Obvious money is Mayweather he should and probably will win.

I like the fact its at 154 pounds though. When people talk "punchers chance" or "one punch can chamge everything' the weight matters. Mayweather wil be 150/151 pounds where Mcgregot will be atleast 160 fight night.

You shouldn't. Was the fight lower than 154 then it would be contested with 8 ounce gloves while now that its 154 in Nevada its mandatory to be with 10 ounce gloves. Bring the 'puncher's chance' even lower :lol: . Floyd doesn't give advantages not even to a 0-0 debuting boxer. In other fights contested in 147 and 152 Floyd negotiated and forced in the contract the use of 10 ounce gloves instead of 8 ounce gloves but I guess he didnt want to look like he is looking for so many advantages against the MMA guy so they went to 154.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby mmafan559 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 am

linker club

homework

engage people about this fight

people you don't usually talk to about stuff like this, at work, a romanian bathhouse, or a bar, whatever

get weird ask a stranger

could be fun
Join http://www.tinychat.com/mmalinker on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 2700 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Nate Diaz wrote:I've got real training partners. Top 10 fighters. Top 10 boxers. Top 10 jiu-jitsu guys. Top 10 kickboxers. You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby Irishdonal » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:25 am

pithikos wrote:

I like the fact its at 154 pounds though. When people talk "punchers chance" or "one punch can chamge everything' the weight matters. Mayweather wil be 150/151 pounds where Mcgregot will be atleast 160 fight night.

You shouldn't. Was the fight lower than 154 then it would be contested with 8 ounce gloves while now that its 154 in Nevada its mandatory to be with 10 ounce gloves. Bring the 'puncher's chance' even lower :lol: . Floyd doesn't give advantages not even to a 0-0 debuting boxer. In other fights contested in 147 and 152 Floyd negotiated and forced in the contract the use of 10 ounce gloves instead of 8 ounce gloves but I guess he didnt want to look like he is looking for so many advantages against the MMA guy so they went to 154.

I thought about this, I think Mcgregot being atleast 10 pounds heavier increases his chances IF he somehoe managed to land versus gloves being 2 ounces more.

Mayweather had fought under 140 before and the highest he evet fought was at 152 when he made canelo shrink for the fight so its definately a plus that Mcgregor can maximise the size difference.
knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that you don't put a tomato in the fruit bowl
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:06 am

Conor has no chance.

"Conor won't land a single punch"

- Pillar Bruins2012

:P
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:10 am

Irishdonal wrote:
pithikos wrote:

I thought about this, I think Mcgregot being atleast 10 pounds heavier increases his chances IF he somehoe managed to land versus gloves being 2 ounces more.

Mayweather had fought under 140 before and the highest he evet fought was at 152 when he made canelo shrink for the fight so its definately a plus that Mcgregor can maximise the size difference.

Does Conor hit harder than Mosley? Canelo? Cotto? Hatten? De lady Hoya?

Spoiler:

For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:33 am

bruins2012

Postby Irishdonal » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:25 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
Irishdonal wrote:
pithikos wrote:

Spoiler:

To make my position clear I think Maywesther will won.

If your asking Canelo, he didn't land on Floyed. If your asking Mosley its up for debate.

Mosley is a massive pumcher. He cracked Floyed weighing in at 147. Mcgregor will be 160-165 fight nigjt so maybe Mcgregor?
knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that you don't put a tomato in the fruit bowl
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 am

Irishdonal wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:
Irishdonal wrote:
pithikos wrote:You shouldn't. Was the fight lower than 154 then it would be contested with 8 ounce gloves while now that its 154 in Nevada its mandatory to be with 10 ounce gloves. Bring the 'puncher's chance' even lower :lol: . Floyd doesn't give advantages not even to a 0-0 debuting boxer. In other fights contested in 147 and 152 Floyd negotiated and forced in the contract the use of 10 ounce gloves instead of 8 ounce gloves but I guess he didnt want to look like he is looking for so many advantages against the MMA guy so they went to 154.

Spoiler:

To make my position clear I think Maywesther will won.

If your asking Canelo, he didn't land on Floyed. If your asking Mosley its up for debate.

Mosley is a massive pumcher. He cracked Floyed weighing in at 147. Mcgregor will be 160-165 fight nigjt so maybe Mcgregor?

All those boxers hit harder than Conor. They have been training in boxing their entire lives while Conor dedicated a few months to it. They all have/had faster hand than Conor and they all hit harder.

bruins2012

Postby BestWayKilla » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:27 am

I can't speak for any measure of raw power, which Conor could very well have on a lot of those guys, but as to if he could land a punch with the force and accuracy of, say, Shane Mosely? Not a chance. If Conor were to go toe-to-toe with Sugar Shane, I have no doubt it'd end with him coming around several minutes later staring up at the lights.
THE ONE, LASCIVIOUS

ImageImage

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby Irishdonal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 am

BestWayKilla wrote:I can't speak for any measure of raw power, which Conor could very well have on a lot of those guys, but as to if he could land a punch with the force and accuracy of, say, Shane Mosely? Not a chance. If Conor were to go toe-to-toe with Sugar Shane, I have no doubt it'd end with him coming around several minutes later staring up at the lights.

I really don't was to misrepresent my position.

Ability to land the shot/set up the shot/ hide the shot Mosley all day long.

Im just saying in the tiny chance that mcgregoe does land I would expect him to have more power. He isnt a boxer but he knows how to punch. At 154 he is going to be 15+ pounds bigger fight night.
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby yoseph » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Mayweathers opponents were all old, washed up, and out of their prime. Canelo is the only major boxer you guys are listing without a very long previous resume with multiple previous losses.
Shaka on Cain Valasquez:
Shaka Zulu wrote: This nigga don't speak Spanish hell he needs an interpreter just to order some Taco Bell.
If I was Dana I would've made Werdum be your interpreter for your in octagon loser speech.

July 2017 A league:
Valentina Shevchenko :-( replaced by James Mulheron
Justin Gaethje
Volkan Oezdemir
Paul Felder
Fabricio Werdum

3-6 in sigbets
yoseph
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Dec. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Just to clear up some confusion. There is no way in fuck Mayweather is undefeated

:pointdown:

highlights version :pointdown:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Jose_ ... st_meeting)

If you break it up via round by round or overall strikes no way in fuck Gayweather won that fight

If you think Mayweather is undefeated than you probably think Sanchez beat Pearson and Kampman and that Leonard Garcia beat Pham and the Zombie

Gayweather was fighting with a severely injured rotator cuff but a clear loss is still a clear loss.

Castillo vs Gayweather I is a blueprint on how to beat Mayweather (minus the injury of course) in terms of style and execution wise.

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. overall A league record 49-27 (33 finishes) :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: July Team: Shevchenko, Hill, Blaydes, Makdessi, Rountree
Mr Meow
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

PreviousNext