Tim Hague declared brain dead

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: Tim Hague declared brain dead

Postby DanQuinnsKnockoutJab » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:30 pm

i hate this so much. god bless tim hague and respects to his family.
DanQuinnsKnockoutJab
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby tsarlaider » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Congrats for your 3rd child Speak. Well said to m8.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby DreadLobster » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Yeah the news outlets need to get on the same page. I just read one posted 3 hours ago saying the rumors about him being brain dead are false, according to his family. Not sure. I guess we'll see.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby Verne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 pm

DreadLobster wrote:Yeah the news outlets need to get on the same page. I just read one posted 3 hours ago saying the rumors about him being brain dead are false, according to his family. Not sure. I guess we'll see.

I hope so.
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby JGunner » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm not too sure what the consensus is on his status. Iactually first heard this information from my step brother before i found the news source on it as my step brother fought him and is somewhat within the west coast Canadian mma circle. I don't know if this provides any legitimacy to the story, but im fairly sure its true. I guess we'll find out within the next couple of days...
"She got a big booty so I call her big booty" - 2chainz

Sigbet record (2 - 2)
JGunner
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Dec. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, March 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby DanyeWest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Verne wrote:
DreadLobster wrote:Yeah the news outlets need to get on the same page. I just read one posted 3 hours ago saying the rumors about him being brain dead are false, according to his family. Not sure. I guess we'll see.

I hope so.

I saw that too. it was his brother spoke to some Canadian news folks saying he is in critical condition.

Hopefully they're right and he's on the better side of all this. Scary stuff.
ImageImage
DanyeWest
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (3x)

Postby Verne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Was pretty painful to watch. Looked like a competent boxer vs a local hardnut.

Not quite Cabbage, but not far off.
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby The Smurf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:48 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/heavyweigh ... oss-canada

''Hague’s sister confirmed the fighter’s death in a post on her Facebook page:

“It is with incredible sadness, sorrow and heartbreak to report that Tim has passed away today,” Jackie Neil wrote. “He was surrounded by family, listening to his favourite songs. We will miss him with so greatly.”

Hague was 34''

:rip: :rip:
The Smurf

Postby Verne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Fuck.
Verne
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Verne wrote:Fuck.

Yeah that's pretty much all there is to say at this point. What a shame.
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby JonB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm

:( Rest in peace.
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:37 am

Refs need to error on the side of caution, and fans need to understand the risks that professional fighters take.

"His enemies are not demons,
but human beings like himself.
He doesn’t wish them personal harm.
Nor does he rejoice in victory.
How could he rejoice in victory
and delight in the slaughter of men?"

-Lao Tzu

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby PBells » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 am

Rest in peace
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby WestCoastKilla » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am

SpeakEasy wrote:^what on earth do you mean gossipy bullshit? It's been confirmed by multiple sources?

WestCoastKilla wrote:Its not the ref's fault that this fight was scheduled to not have the three knock down rule in place, you fucks. This isn't one of those things where blame needs to be assigned, people get brained from time to time in boxing this is nothing new where the fuck have you two been? Hague made the standing 8 count every time, the dude was just too tough for his own good.

Did you watch the fight?
Because either way this is asinine and/or ignorant of you to say.
I don't think anyone comes here looking to point fingers for blame but simply to ensure that we can work towards keeping this incidents to a minimum like we always have.
And just because these accidents may or may not happen more does not mean we should be diligent in trying to get the number of accident close to zero.
I fight, lots of us on here do and I go into ANY competition trusting my corner to do the refs job if the ref will not.
Yes Hague was FAR too tough for his own good and yes we can't hold a ref accountable for not upholding a rule that wasn't even in place for him to enforce but to just say oh well freak accidents happen*shrug* is horribly barbaric and regressive of where the sports are SUPPOSED to be evolving too.
I am not saying intervention would have prevented the level of Hagues injuries but you cannot claim the opposite either.
A referee is there to protect a fighter at all costs, three knockdown rule or not, we just saw one of the biggest boxing matches get stopped while the fighter was still standing and without a count.
Because the ref was protecting the fighter from anymore unnecessary damage, which this ref did not.
And then that brings us to the corner, who can also be looked at as a culprit for the unnecessary amount of damage Hague was on the end of, because they too have a duty to protect their fighter,
I think the worst thing, I see this in any of the gyms I go to, fighters have this horribly warped mentality that toughness begets skill.
I have sparred guys that seem intent on not just high level sparring but turning into a be or be killed session which only transfers over to the fights, if you never learn when to stop/recover or you never try to in practice than your corner and you will never truly know your limits because we all have them.
I have two children, just found out I've got a third coming, and anytime I spar it's very light, the fear of being unable to form a full sentence by the time I am 60 is overrode by my fighting spirit, I get horribly afraid any time I step onto a mat and my adrenaline overrides it because I'm a glory seeker.
So I tell my corner, if I look hurt you decide, dont leave it up to me or I'll keep going till I'm stopped.
I'm willing to risk everything, my family, my farm, multiple businesses, my long term health and potentially my life just for glory but I at least have the those thoughts holding me back, those thoughts fighting with my inner fighter and I still need my corner to watch out for me.
Now imagine Tim, maybe has one job outside of fighting, has tasted the big leagues, thinks he can get back to it, his kids are a little older so he's chasing glory for their honour as well but the difference is his corner wasn't there to watch over him.
No one is to be blamed for Tim being brain dead, no one is to blame for the effect of the fight but the affect is on the corner and the ref, there's no arguing.
A corner can throw in the towel, which should happen far more often kudos for tough guy Diaz for seeing that, and refs are allowed to stop a fight at any point, not due to the three knockdown rule but simply because it was evident to anyone watching that fight that Hague slowed drastically after the first knockdown and quickly got worse.
The standing 8 count being beat means absolutely nothing, most of us who box/kickbox and then try out MMA realize how much an 8 count really doesn't change things, because he was still concussed each time.
I think it's terrifying that guys like you think an 8 count and just standing up somehow negates the responsibility of the referee and corner, I'd never want you in any way affiliated with my fights.
If you think this way then I just assume you're more a just bleed guy and not a very big fan of the girls or flyweight divisions.

Hey now whoa there, just bleed? Not a fan of the girls? Those hurt, man.

My point was that the ref (in my opinion) did his job the best he was able to based on what he was seeing at the time, Hague was taken a beating and alot of refs would have stopped it, but Hague seemed to be taking the punishment well enough and obviously the ref wanted to give the fighters every chance possible to find success. Will the referee have a different approach / philosophy to his style moving forward? I for one do hope so but at the same time I respect a referee who let's the men / women fight. Nobody in that cage is a victim, every body who goes on there knows the hazards and risks but they do it any way, freak accidents DO happen and it happens in all sports but just because I don't start appointing blame to someone doesn't make me a just bleeder.

Your assessment of his corner not throwing in the towel is a great point, if anything I put more responsibility on his coaches and cornermen to stop the fight than the referee who as I stated earlier was giving Hague every opportunity to keep fighting and maybe find some success.
Cut the head from the devil and let the body burn.
WestCoastKilla
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 am

Sad. He should have retired a long time ago. :rip:
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 10-7 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: April 2017 MMALinker C-League Fantasy Champion