Holly Holm didnt impress me despite headkick win

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Holly Holm didnt impress me despite headkick win

Postby brucedadragon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Holly Holm won by TKO but she didn't impress. I understand she is a counter striker but she seems to miss a lot she throws her strikes. She hit more air than lands on her opponent. If she wants to be champion again she needs to change her fighting style. In my opinion she is too hesitant, and too predictable. I say this even with the KO she landed on Bethe. Maybe she needs a Cyborg or Rhonda to really go after her to bring the best of her. I don't see her beating Nunes or Shevchenko. Yes she could be beat me up.

Just me or do you guys feel the same.
"Bruce Lee is Alive"
brucedadragon
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Holly Holm didnt impress me despite headkick win

Postby PainDog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:34 pm

I think it's about time that we all admit that not just Holm, but WMMA in general is by and large dreadful.

"Every man's life ends the same way.
It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another"

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 pm

I like hish hash. I agree she's a bit tentative and needs to loosen up and come forward a bit more but she's the kind of sweet country girl that can put a pie in the oven and beat shit down legs until it's ready to be put on a window sill somewhere in smalltown USA.

PainDog wrote:I think it's about time that we all admit that not just Holm, but WMMA in general is by and large dreadful.

Everything starts somewhere. Worst case scenario is to enjoy the tits and ass in the little time we have before we evolve into a unisexual race.
hawdrigoh
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby PainDog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:
PainDog wrote:I think it's about time that we all admit that not just Holm, but WMMA in general is by and large dreadful.

Everything starts somewhere. Worst case scenario is to enjoy the tits and ass in the little time we have before we evolve into a unisexual race.

I find the idea that somehow WMMA will develop into something comparable with men's MMA to overly optimistic.
It has not happened in other sports such as basketball, baseball, etc. so I don't understand how it will happen in MMA.

As far as watching WMMA for the aesthetic of the female form...

Attractive fighters...that even possess nice tits and asses are few and far between. Those that due are typically amongst the least talented.

The better and honestly the most interesting WMMA athletes are typically similar Nunes and Cyborg.

But maybe it could learn from the beach volley ball...and just feature attractive women in tiny uniforms....

Granted it's all just my opinion.

I just find it somewhat disappointing very solid flyweight fighters can't even get on the maincard and somehow WMMA fights are headlining events....it doesn't make sense.
Last edited by PainDog on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another"

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:13 am

PainDog wrote:I find the idea that somehow WMMA will develop into something comparable with men's MMA to overly optimistic.
It has not happened in other sports such as basketball, baseball, etc. so I don't understand how it will happen in MMA.

It will happen when we can't distinguish ourselves as male or female, which should happen by 2040...2045 at the latest.

PainDog wrote:As far as watching WMMA for the aesthetic of the female form...

Attractive fighters...that even posses nice tits and asses are few and far between. Those that due are typically amongst the least talented.

The better and honestly the most interesting WMMA athletes are typically similar Nunes and Cyborg.

I think there a fair number of attractive female fighters but alcohol could be an important factor in that assessment.

PainDog wrote:But maybe it could learn from the beach volley ball...and just feature attractive women in tiny uniforms....

Mmmhmm.

PainDog wrote:Granted it's all just my opinion.

I just find it somewhat disappointing very solid flyweight fighters can't even get on the maincard and somehow WMMA fights are headlining events....it doesn't make sense.

I like your opinion dude and I agree unfair things are happening from time to time...we will overcome it all in the end.
hawdrigoh

Postby PainDog » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:00 am

hawdrigoh wrote:It will happen when we can't distinguish ourselves as male or female, which should happen by 2040...2045 at the latest.

Billions of years of evolution resulted in separate sexes...seems unlikely a few decades would be enough time to reverse it.
But who knows?
There is a decent book by Steve Jones which sort of talks about the emergence of the male sex...and if we...as males...will always be necessary
:holy sh*t:
https://www.amazon.ca/Y-Descent-Men/dp/0618565612

hawdrigoh wrote:I think there a fair number of attractive female fighters but alcohol could be an important factor in that assessment.

I would say it's the alcohol....but then again attractiveness is always going to be somewhat subjective.

PainDog wrote:Image

hawdrigoh wrote:Mmmhmm.

Mmmmhmmm. Indeed.

hawdrigoh wrote:I like your opinion dude and I agree unfair things are happening from time to time...we will overcome it all in the end.

Life is unfair...it is what it is.... :tup:

- Ernest Hemingway

"Khabib Time"

"Canelo Time"
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Postby jblaze » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:05 am

Women only have so much natural strength. We will definitely see better fighters at some point. Also training at Jacksons has sort of ruined Holm.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby stvgabriel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 am

PainDog wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:It will happen when we can't distinguish ourselves as male or female, which should happen by 2040...2045 at the latest.

Billions of years of evolution resulted in separate sexes...seems unlikely a few decades would be enough time to reverse it.
But who knows?

So you're thinking like 2050? ...2055?

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Survivor, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby kezzaman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:31 am

same.
the whole main card sucked
Forrest back by popular demand [TW@S]
kezzaman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby PBells » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 am

Holly desperately needed a finish in this fight, and even though she got one (and a great one, IMO) it took entirely too long. At least this didn't go the distance :-?
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 am

The fight up until the KO was not good. As expected. Holm is a boring counter striker who grunts and hits nothing but air far more than anything else

Bethe just sucks but has an attitude that she is good solely because the UFC gave her even worse fighters to build a winning streak on so Ronda could crush her.

Awesome KO though. Always fun to see a fighter who thinks they are much better than they actually are get wrecked.

This fight is not an overall reflection of the WMMA scene though. Like we all knew the moment this fight was announced it was going to be about how it turned out. Making some generalization derived from this fight is quite silly.

meow :cig:

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Darklord » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 am

I this seems boring to you, it may be time to quit watching MMA. :wink:
Darklord
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 am

Holly's fight against Nunes should have been a draw with immediate rematch. Holly is the only fighter not scared to bang with Cyborg. She does punch and kick a lot of air and grunt.
B-ankmen
Tony Ferguson, Mark Godbeer, Demian Maia, Francisco Trinaldo, Pat Curran
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
5th Professional Linker Victory

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am

DeceptaCon wrote:Holly's fight against Nunes should have been a draw with immediate rematch. Holly is the only fighter not scared to bang with Cyborg. She does punch and kick a lot of air and grunt.

Did you mean her fight against Ovary-Reem Germaine? Holm did not fight Nunes

I agree it should have been a draw if the ref did his job and took a point away on the second late punch. It was super loud in there and shit happens, but the second time is inexcusable in my opinion.

Officially 4-1 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am

Mr Meow wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:Holly's fight against Nunes should have been a draw with immediate rematch. Holly is the only fighter not scared to bang with Cyborg. She does punch and kick a lot of air and grunt.

Did you mean her fight against Ovary-Reem Germaine? Holm did not fight Nunes

I agree it should have been a draw if the ref did his job and took a point away on the second late punch. It was super loud in there and shit happens, but the second time is inexcusable in my opinion.

That's right :lol: I have been saying Nunes this whole time :lol: :lol:
B-ankmen
Tony Ferguson, Mark Godbeer, Demian Maia, Francisco Trinaldo, Pat Curran
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Next