Official Discussion: UFC on FOX 25: Weidman vs. Gastelum

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who ya got?

Chester Whippersnapper
6%
Kelvin
26%
Dennis the Menace
13%
The Damage
10%
The Mustache
13%
Villante
10%
Rivera
13%
Almeida
10%

Total votes : 31

Official Discussion: UFC on FOX 25: Weidman vs. Gastelum

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 am

JULY 22, 2017 | NYCB LIVE | Uniondale, New York

Main Card
FOX, 8 p.m. ET

Chris Weidman vs Kelvin Gastelum
main event

Dennis Bermudez vs Darren Elkins
co-main event

Patrick Cummins vs Gian Villante

Thomas Almeida vs Jimmie Rivera

Preliminary Card
FOX, 6 p.m. ET

Lyman Good vs Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos

Eryk Anders vs Alessio Di Chirico

Ryan LaFlare vs Alex Oliveira

Damian Grabowski vs Chase Sherman

Preliminary Card
UFC Fight Pass, 4 p.m. ET

Kyle Bochniak vs Jeremy Kennedy

Brian Kelleher vs Marlon Vera

Junior Albini vs Timothy Johnson

Shane Burgos vs Godofredo Pepey

Frankie Perez vs Chris Wade

:P
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
8th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Official Discussion: UFC on FOX 25: Weidman vs. Gastelum

Postby tsarlaider » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:18 am

I got Gastelum finishing Wheelchair and sending him to Bellator. Then we can have Mousasi vs Weidman 2 where Moose will finish him once more

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:30 am

tsarlaider wrote:I got Gastelum finishing Wheelchair and sending him to Bellator. Then we can have Mousasi vs Weidman 2 where Moose will finish him once more

That's a tough one to pick. Gastelum has been on a tear and his boxing is looking great, while Whippersnapper has been in a tailspin. Can Gastelum crack into the top 5 or will Whippersbapper reclaim his spot amongst the best in the division?
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:58 am

I see Chester, using his wrasslin and edging Gastelub to a decision. 29-28 -29-27 and 30-27
Former Openweight Linker 'Royce' Give away Champion of the World

EvilGorilla69+1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:21 am

Chalky Whitedust has looked great in all of his losses up until he either gasses or gets kneed, something is definitely different about him. Its like he is missing something?
Augusta save some for later

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby slevin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

There are a bunch of fights that i'm looking forward to on this card, but i'm curious to see how Almeida and Rivera plays out. Rivera is coming off a win against Faber, and Almeida hasn't defeated many fighters worth noting, and none of them are ranked in the top 10. Regardless if Almeida wins this fight or not, he is ranked based off of his hype and has yet to defeat anyone in the top 10. If he loses, I hope they match him up with Marlon Moraes. Almeida is definitely skilled, but im not sure if he is skilled enough to beat someone like Rivera or someone closer in than top 5.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:14 am

slevin wrote:There are a bunch of fights that i'm looking forward to on this card, but i'm curious to see how Almeida and Rivera plays out. Rivera is coming off a win against Faber, and Almeida hasn't defeated many fighters worth noting, and none of them are ranked in the top 10. Regardless if Almeida wins this fight or not, he is ranked based off of his hype and has yet to defeat anyone in the top 10. If he loses, I hope they match him up with Marlon Moraes. Almeida is definitely skilled, but im not sure if he is skilled enough to beat someone like Rivera or someone closer in than top 5.

Rivera is tough. I think he'll easily take this fight and move onto a top opponent.

Not much discussion or excitement for the upcoming fights judging by the traffic in this thread.

:butthurt:

bruins2012

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:29 am

bruins2012 wrote:
slevin wrote:There are a bunch of fights that i'm looking forward to on this card, but i'm curious to see how Almeida and Rivera plays out. Rivera is coming off a win against Faber, and Almeida hasn't defeated many fighters worth noting, and none of them are ranked in the top 10. Regardless if Almeida wins this fight or not, he is ranked based off of his hype and has yet to defeat anyone in the top 10. If he loses, I hope they match him up with Marlon Moraes. Almeida is definitely skilled, but im not sure if he is skilled enough to beat someone like Rivera or someone closer in than top 5.

Rivera is tough. I think he'll easily take this fight and move onto a top opponent.

Not much discussion or excitement for the upcoming fights judging by the traffic in this thread.

Almeida is a very good striker and I think that this 'hype' is based on his performances. I do agree that the only high ranked fighter that he faced was the champ and he lost to the champ..

Rivera will try to make it into a dog fight. A man vs a boy.

I'm rooting for Almeida.
Former Openweight Linker 'Royce' Give away Champion of the World

EvilGorilla69+1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:02 am

Christina Winehouse will lose cuz his striking is trash.

War GAST
"Seek to be worth knowing rather than to be well known"

Lt Shiznitski
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 am

Lt Shiznitski wrote:Christina Winehouse will lose cuz his striking is trash.

War GAST

i just want to see the Clothed Windowdressing of old.
Augusta save some for later

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby slevin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 am

bruins2012 wrote:

I think Rivera should get a title shot-he beat Faber and if he beats Almeida that should prove how tough he is. I want to see Almeida vs Moraes really badly, and hope Almeida loses because of that.

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:Christina Winehouse will lose cuz his striking is trash.

War GAST

i just want to see the Clothed Windowdressing of old.

lol he would have to face the old and on the edge of retirement fighters
"Seek to be worth knowing rather than to be well known"

Lt Shiznitski
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:44 am

Weidman losing 4 in a row would be hilarious </butthurt Anderson hugger>

Bermudez takes this pretty comfortably

Villante vs. Cummins in a loser-leaves-town match, no doubt. No idea who to go for here, they're both pretty shot :-?

I kind of hope Rivera loses because he's getting a big head (plus handpicking an opponent and then changing his mind because the dude "isn't on his level" is pretty weak), but I think he'll win by being more solid
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby slevin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:50 am

PBells wrote:Weidman losing 4 in a row would be hilarious </butthurt Anderson hugger>

Bermudez takes this pretty comfortably

Villante vs. Cummins in a loser-leaves-town match, no doubt. No idea who to go for here, they're both pretty shot :-?

I kind of hope Rivera loses because he's getting a big head (plus handpicking an opponent and then changing his mind because the dude "isn't on his level" is pretty weak), but I think he'll win by being more solid

It's funny how not to long ago there was a debate about whether not Mousasi is overrated, when I feel like that applies to Weidman more than it does with Moose. Weidman was being talked about the best p4p, the GOAT, a guy who could beat Jon Jones and he had three title defenses. People honestly thought he had a better resume/record than Jon, and would add Uriah Hall as one of his prestigious wins. And that his record was better than Anderson's as well.

Its so hard to tell with Almeida, because he is unproven. I felt that way when he was ranked top 5 after beating Brad Pickett. Who knows how good he is, but he is dangerous.

slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 am

slevin wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:

I think Rivera should get a title shot-he beat Faber and if he beats Almeida that should prove how tough he is. I want to see Almeida vs Moraes really badly, and hope Almeida loses because of that.

Jeez, Rivera is already top 5. I was gonna say he should fight another contender but if he wins he's right there. The only other guy he could fight after this might be Cruz. With the new ownership though I can't see Rivera leaping Cruz for the next title shot. Cruz vs Cody or TJ 2 is a much bigger fight (name -wise).

bruins2012

Next