Mirko 3.0 ?? ? ?? ?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Mirko 3.0 ?? ? ?? ?

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 am

https://www.mmaweekly.com/rizin-boss-cl ... ring-again

Haven’t we been here before?

At the beginning of 2017, following his Rizin Open Weight Grand Prix victory, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic announced his retirement… again.

He had announced his retirement several times in the past, but in January, he was adamant, this time it would stick.

“The only option remains some farewell fight, but this is only if I rehabilitate my knee. I never want to go through what I went through during the preparation for this tournament. I know that I have often said I am ending my career, but this is really the end.”

Mirko Cro Cop FilipovicOnly, that wasn’t exactly true. It may have been his thinking at the time, but now, according to Rizin Fighting Federation boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara, Cro Cop is once again ready to resume his career… and not just for a farewell fight or two.

“The RIZIN GP 2016 winner Mirko Cro Cop will be returning to the RIZIN ring after a year. He has decided to fight in front of his beloved Japanese fans a few more times before he retires,” wrote Sakakibara on Instagram.

“He would like to continue to face meaningful opponents until he hangs his gloves. Keep an eye out for Mirko’s final chapter.”

At 43 years of age, Cro Cop’s storied career already spans more than two decades, includes multiple championships in both mixed martial arts and kickboxing, and nearly 100 bouts. There’s really not much more that he has left to accomplish, but maybe he’s just not done yet.
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Mirko 3.0 ?? ? ?? ?

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 am

Hells yeah. I always enjoy watching TK and Mirko on these Rizin NYE cards. A nice dose of nostalgia to go along with the bantamweight and straweight Grand Prixs.

War Mirko, war TK, war old school vets :tup:
Image Image

Officially 4-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: October Team: Bibulatov, Dariush, Trice, Wireckz,
Mr Meow
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby jblaze » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Even on steroids he looks old and slow. I will still watch but it's far from the magic of the k1 and pride days.
jblaze
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Jack Nicholson gif

Spoiler:
Spoilers still work!

Spoiler:
Mirko is love. So is Sakakibara. And Rizin. And Crusher. And Pride.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:47 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:Jack Nicholson gif

Spoiler:
Spoilers still work!

Spoiler:
Mirko is love. So is Sakakibara. And Rizin. And Crusher. And Pride.

Adapt and overcome. . .

[twitter]https://twitter.com/MiddleEasy/status/929037144810700800?s=17[/twitter]
A-thletic Explosions
Francis Ngannou, Henry Cejudo, Eddie Alvarez, Glover Teixeira, Carlos Condit
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:44 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:Image

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

did u say Crocop vs Koshaka in new year's eve

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 pm

MIRKO ‘CRO COP’ ENDS ANOTHER RETIREMENT, FACES TSUYOSHI KOSAKA, 47, AT RIZIN'S DEC. 31 CARD

i got no link. its from Shercock. fuck those wonnabe cunts.
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:41 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
We are back in business!

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A-thletic Explosions
Francis Ngannou, Henry Cejudo, Eddie Alvarez, Glover Teixeira, Carlos Condit
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

did u say Crocop vs Koshaka in new year's eve

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:53 pm

MIRKO ‘CRO COP’ ENDS ANOTHER RETIREMENT, FACES TSUYOSHI KOSAKA, 47, AT RIZIN'S DEC. 31 CARD

i got no link. its from Shercock. fuck those wonnabe cunts.
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: did u say Crocop vs Koshaka in new year's eve

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm

yeeaa brah
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
We are back in business!

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tank Abbott saved the day one more time.

Spoiler:
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:17 am

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/23/16682832/mirko-cro-cop-says-he-will-fight-winner-of-rizin-heavyweight-tournament-next-year-in-farewell-fight

Mirko Cro Cop has planned out his farewell fight. Yet, expect to see a lot more of the MMA legend, beginning in December.

Cro Cop told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that he will face the winner of a Rizin heavyweight tournament on the promotion’s annual New Year’s Eve show in 2018. Before that, though, Cro Cop will return to fighting against Tsuyoshi Kohsaka on Rizin’s show Dec. 30 in Saitama, Japan.

The plan, as currently constituted, will involve Cro Cop fighting Kohsaka next month, then competing again on a Rizin card in either April or July. Then he will face the Rizin tournament winner in December 2018 to cap his illustrious career. Cro Cop, 43, said he wants to fight twice before his final bout to stay active and in shape with the hopes of putting on a fine performance in his going-out party.

“Sometimes the end needs to come,” Cro Cop said. “I think this time will be it. It’s harder and harder for me to be motivated for training.”

Cro Cop (35-11-2, 1 NC) said the original plan was for him to face Fedor Emelianenko in his final fight. The two men fought in PRIDE for the heavyweight title in 2005, with Emelianenko winning by unanimous decision. But Emelianenko lost by first-round knockout to Matt Mitrione at Bellator NYC in June and that foiled the plans, Cro Cop said.

“It would be a perfect fight,” Cro Cop said. “Fedor is a true legend of the sport. One of the biggest, maybe the biggest MMA fighter ever. It doesn’t matter. He lost a fight against Mitrione. It doesn’t matter. He will always be marked as one of the biggest — for me, the biggest MMA fighter of all time.”

Cro Cop said he was “so sad” to see Emelianenko, 41, laying on the ground in the aftermath of the fight with Mitrione. He said a legend like Emelianenko “deserves to leave the sport with a victory.” “The Last Emperor” will be competing in Bellator’s heavyweight tournament next year.

We may never get the Cro Cop vs. Emelianenko rematch as Cro Cop’s career is drawing to a close. There’s no word yet on who he might fight in April or July of next year.

Cro Cop, whose real name last name is Filipovic, said a knee surgery derailed him earlier this year, keeping him from training hard for 2-1/2 months. But he’s back in the gym now, working hard in preparation for Kohsaka. Cro Cop, the 2006 Pride World Open-Weight Grand Prix champion, said he has been working with bigger, faster and younger training partners at his Croatia gym.

“They are kicking my ass,” Cro Cop said. “At least, they are trying to kick my ass. That’s what keeps me sharp.”

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/23/16682832/mirko-cro-cop-says-he-will-fight-winner-of-rizin-heavyweight-tournament-next-year-in-farewell-fight

Mirko Cro Cop has planned out his farewell fight. Yet, expect to see a lot more of the MMA legend, beginning in December.

Cro Cop told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that he will face the winner of a Rizin heavyweight tournament on the promotion’s annual New Year’s Eve show in 2018. Before that, though, Cro Cop will return to fighting against Tsuyoshi Kohsaka on Rizin’s show Dec. 30 in Saitama, Japan.

The plan, as currently constituted, will involve Cro Cop fighting Kohsaka next month, then competing again on a Rizin card in either April or July. Then he will face the Rizin tournament winner in December 2018 to cap his illustrious career. Cro Cop, 43, said he wants to fight twice before his final bout to stay active and in shape with the hopes of putting on a fine performance in his going-out party.

“Sometimes the end needs to come,” Cro Cop said. “I think this time will be it. It’s harder and harder for me to be motivated for training.”

Cro Cop (35-11-2, 1 NC) said the original plan was for him to face Fedor Emelianenko in his final fight. The two men fought in PRIDE for the heavyweight title in 2005, with Emelianenko winning by unanimous decision. But Emelianenko lost by first-round knockout to Matt Mitrione at Bellator NYC in June and that foiled the plans, Cro Cop said.

“It would be a perfect fight,” Cro Cop said. “Fedor is a true legend of the sport. One of the biggest, maybe the biggest MMA fighter ever. It doesn’t matter. He lost a fight against Mitrione. It doesn’t matter. He will always be marked as one of the biggest — for me, the biggest MMA fighter of all time.”

Cro Cop said he was “so sad” to see Emelianenko, 41, laying on the ground in the aftermath of the fight with Mitrione. He said a legend like Emelianenko “deserves to leave the sport with a victory.” “The Last Emperor” will be competing in Bellator’s heavyweight tournament next year.

We may never get the Cro Cop vs. Emelianenko rematch as Cro Cop’s career is drawing to a close. There’s no word yet on who he might fight in April or July of next year.

Cro Cop, whose real name last name is Filipovic, said a knee surgery derailed him earlier this year, keeping him from training hard for 2-1/2 months. But he’s back in the gym now, working hard in preparation for Kohsaka. Cro Cop, the 2006 Pride World Open-Weight Grand Prix champion, said he has been working with bigger, faster and younger training partners at his Croatia gym.

“They are kicking my ass,” Cro Cop said. “At least, they are trying to kick my ass. That’s what keeps me sharp.”

lets go brah
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:10 am

Time to make a few more memories.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh