Who will step up and fight Khabib?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Who?

RDA at WW
No votes
Cerrone pay me now
No votes
Gypsy at WW
No votes
Fedor Sambo fight in Russia
17%
Sage
17%
Floyd
17%
Nick Diaz turns Khabib into panicked running striker
No votes
Cosmo the dancing Russian bear
50%

Total votes : 6

Re: Who will step up and fight Khabib?

Postby PainDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Tony would be an easier match up than Barboza for Khabib.

Khabib has also had more dominant victories against common opponents including Edson.

While Tony managed to catch Edson in a submission it was after taking a beating in the first round, a round he lost 10-8. Khabib on the other just dominated Edson in one of the most one sided fights in UFC history.

Edson has better take down defense than Tony and he is a faster and more powerful striker.

In the LW division I think based on skill set and physical attributes Edson offered the biggest threat to Khabib standing.

On the ground Tony is active, but the ground game of Khabib is something different.

One thing he isn't going to has out like Kevin Lee, second he doesn't just sit in guard.

The first thing Khabib does is control the legs of his opponents.

Figure fouring the legs of his opponents not only prevents submissions such as triangles but would prevent a fighter like Tony to frame up to get more power on his elbows off his back.

After Khabib controls his opponents legs he works to control their arms.

With that said Tony could still win. This is a sport where anything can happen especially when dealing with the elites.

Tony could try something different than most of Khabib's opponents. When Khabib starts to pressure instead of moving backwards move forward. Getting taken down in the middle of the cage is better against Khabib than being pushed against the fence.

Plus even Khabib's best takedowns come against the fence.

Tony has the durability and the right mindset to be able to try and put pressure on a dominant pressure fighter.

Still I highly favor Khabib in any match up at LW.
Khabib Time

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
Ali Ibn Taleb
PainDog
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 am

GSP vs Khabib. :tup:
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012
9th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 am

PainDog wrote:Tony would be an easier match up than Barboza for Khabib.

Khabib has also had more dominant victories against common opponents including Edson.

While Tony managed to catch Edson in a submission it was after taking a beating in the first round, a round he lost 10-8. Khabib on the other just dominated Edson in one of the most one sided fights in UFC history.

Edson has better take down defense than Tony and he is a faster and more powerful striker.

In the LW division I think based on skill set and physical attributes Edson offered the biggest threat to Khabib standing.

On the ground Tony is active, but the ground game of Khabib is something different.

One thing he isn't going to has out like Kevin Lee, second he doesn't just sit in guard.

Figure fouring the legs of his opponents not only prevents submissions such as triangles but would prevent a fighter like Tony to frame up to get more power on his elbows off his back.

With that said Tony could still win. This is a sport where anything can happen especially when dealing with the elites.

Tony could try something different than most of Khabib's opponents. When Khabib starts to pressure instead of moving backwards move forward. Getting taken down in the middle of the cage is better against Khabib than being pushed against the fence.

Tony has the durability and the right mindset to be able to try and put pressure on a dominant pressure fighter.

“I will not fight at 145lbs again. My next fight will be at 155lbs.”

- BJ Penn

:shock:

Is Dana getting ready to make another money fight and announce Khabib vs Penn is Hawaii???

:P
For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 am

bruins2012 wrote:

- BJ Penn

Is Dana getting ready to make another money fight and announce Khabib vs Penn is Hawaii???

I don't see why not since Penn has really never loss at LW.
A-ssburgers
Francis Ngannou, Volkan Oezdemir, Bobby Green, Jeremy Stephens
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby 1098765432 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:53 pm

bruins2012 wrote:GSP vs Khabib. :tup:

Pfffft GSP all day any day!Have you seen his spectacular glutes lately?
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby rockslayer16 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:19 pm

this
rockslayer16
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby JTuck34 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Holy fucking shit this is perfect

If we can't have GSP vs Askren, then please baby jesus give us GSP vs Khalabeeb!!!
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:52 pm

JTuck34 wrote:

Holy fucking shit this is perfect

If we can't have GSP vs Askren, then please baby jesus give us GSP vs Khalabeeb!!!

Khabib has fought at 185 before, so making 170 shouldn't be a big deal.

Maybe set up a nice interim belt. :lol:

If Dana tells Woodley that he gets the winner of that fight, I am almost sure that Woodley won't mind the interim belt situation.

I don't think Khabib will agree, though. I think St Pierre is too technical and just overall too athletic for Khabib.

Different levels of overall fighting knowledge. That fight would make sense for Khabib only if St Pierre was the MW champion, still.

Khabib vs either Conor or Ferguson are the only fights that make sense.

Either fight needs to happen in less than 3 months. (in my mind that is)

-----> Around March
EvilGorilla69+1
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:

- BJ Penn

I don't see why not since Penn has really never loss at LW.

BJ wants to let Max have his time with the belt at 145...pure class from the FW, LW, and WW goat.

BJ vs Khabib in Hawaii at 155 it is.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
5th Professional Linker Victory
5th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby slevin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 pm

I think Khabib vs Ben Askren at 165 would be a good fight. I think Funky Ben would have his way with Khabib.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
June 2017 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion
Dec 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
MMALinker August Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby blackmetalcarson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 pm

slevin wrote:I think Khabib vs Ben Askren at 165 would be a good fight. I think Funky Ben would have his way with Khabib.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby slevin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 pm

How hilarious, thinking an undefeated Olympic wrestler could outgrapple Khabib, who has fought his entire career at a higher weight class. :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby blackmetalcarson » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Do you remember what happened the last time Askren couldn't get someone down? I suppose you don't because you're cupping HIS balls as well.
blackmetalcarson

Postby slevin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Seems like Kevin still wants Khabib.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby blackmetalcarson » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Khabib would fucking slaughter Kevin Lee, but hey if Kevin Lee actually wants to step up, I'm all for it. That's what we need, fighters these days who actually fight instead "pay me." Hell even I might get surprised.
blackmetalcarson

PreviousNext